Disney For Gays...

Pleasure Island would be my guess. But I'm not a nightlife person, period. So not much help.;) Sorry
If no one can help, you might want to try a search on the Dis and on the web.
I can't imagine there are not a bunch of web sites covering this.
Good luck and have fun!

As a gay couple who have gone to WDW 8 times in the last two years (and going again during Labor Day Weekend) - here are my tips!

1. Day to go to PI is Thursday night. It is the "unofficial" gay night (as well as Cast Member night) and the club to go to is Mannequin's. Mannequin's is really the only place that you could tell it was "gay" night at PI (the looks on the faces of some hetro couples who wander in and see two men or two women dancing is priceless). Everyone gets along and we have never had any problems.

2. Jellyrolls (sing along piano bar at the Boardwalk resort) is lots of fun. Tuesday night is Cast Member night and place is packed by 10 p.m.

3. We have never had any problems being together in any of the parks, but we don't show any outrageous displays of PDA (my personal feeling is that any couple, be it gay or straight, need to be respectful to others in such a setting). Holding hands or kissing is fine, but seriously making out in line is just wrong (seen this many times with straight couples in line).

4. I usually have some kind of identifier (rainbow bracelet, tinky winky on my backpack, etc) which gets the attention of cast members who are family (which there are many of at WDW). Most are very friendly and eager to answer questions on where to go (local clubs, gay friendly stores, etc).

5. Most of all - have fun!

Too bad you are not going next week! Margaret Cho is performing at Hard Rock Live at Universal in Orlando. Can't wait!

Wow, unfreshdiva1, you're a fount of information! How did you learn about the CM nights? We stay at the Boardwalk every trip and I would have been surprised to discover that the place was packed on a Tuesday night! Just wouldn't expect that, for some reason, although if everyone's on vacation it probalby doesn't matter what day it is!!

Anyway, I notice you're from NC..... hi neighbor!

I agree that Mannequins on Thursday nights is a hoot! We met a group of guys from Germany on our last trip, unfortunately they were leaving the next day, but we've kept in contact thru e-mail. I've never heard of Jellyrolls on Tuesday, but sounds like fun!

BTW, I went to UNC-G, lots of Carolinians here!

16 days to go. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter