Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been successful at getting a Sam's club portal bonus when buying Disney gift cards using Walmart gift cards?

A questions for you fabulous folks:

Do I remember correctly that you can use Walmart gc's to buy Disney gc's at Sam's Club?
Just checking since I've never used a Walmart gc, and having a mind blank, lol, can you also use in a Walmart store or online at Walmart .com to buy Disney
Gc? TIA!
ETA: Also, Do you have to have a Sam's club membership to buy at Sams in store or online?

Last edited:

hey y'all, just left sam's club. the $500 GC prompts for manager approval when paying with GCs. had the cashier cancel the transaction and rang up (6) $150 Gcs and didn't need manager approval. paid with GCs earned through swagbucks.

If you don't mind having extra cards, the $150 3x50 packs (assuming the in store price is the same price as the online price) are actually a little bit better of a deal anyway. Emphasis on "little" though -- for every $1500 in cards, the 3x50 packs would save you $10.14 over the $500 ones. Given that this is the budget board, I guess that's worth mentioning. (Again, though, I'm comparing the online prices -- $142.98 for the 3x50 pack and $479.98 for the $500s -- and am not sure if the store price is any different.)

It can add up. For example, on $1,000,000 in cards, you'd save $6760 going with the $150s. Ridiculous? Have you seen the price of DCL cruises lately? :0)

If you don't mind having extra cards, the $150 3x50 packs (assuming the in store price is the same price as the online price) are actually a little bit better of a deal anyway. Emphasis on "little" though -- for every $1500 in cards, the 3x50 packs would save you $10.14 over the $500 ones. Given that this is the budget board, I guess that's worth mentioning. (Again, though, I'm comparing the online prices -- $142.98 for the 3x50 pack and $479.98 for the $500s -- and am not sure if the store price is any different.)

It can add up. For example, on $1,000,000 in cards, you'd save $6760 going with the $150s. Ridiculous? Have you seen the price of DCL cruises lately? :0)

The GCs at my store are $144.98. I wish they were still $142.98.

Just checking since I've never used a Walmart gc, and having a mind blank, lol, can you also use in a Walmart store or online at Walmart .com to buy Disney
Gc? TIA!

Within the last two weeks I was able to use a Walmart gift card in-store to purchase other gift cards. The Walmart Neighborhood Market, which is very close to me, did not carry Disney, but I was able to purchase a Starbucks gift card with a Walmart gift using self checkout. Last Saturday I took the 22-mile round trip to a regular Walmart store, which does carry Disney. I went through the regular checkout line and had no trouble paying with Walmart gift cards. I haven't seen Disney gift cards on Walmart .com.

No matter what we try, we have not been able to get a second round of BB 3 $150 e gift cards with the extra 3 $15 gift card deal. It will take the order using my wife's info, but then we get an email saying it's processing the order, then another saying it can't process the order and it refunds our credit card. The first time I tried, I used my BB rewards number, so I figured that was the hold up. This morning we tried with her name, her email address, her own credit card and no BB rewards number but still a no go. I'm guessing the same billing address for the credit card must be the hang up. We called and they said it's because of the limit of 3 per household. So apparently they are defining the address as the customer. Oh well.

DoctorofCredit is reporting that you can no longer use Target GS's to purchase 3rd party GCs. And that this is about a week old. They really aren't posting much info about this. I feel like if this has been going on for a week, it would have been reported here. Of course I just ordered $800 in Target GC with my TY rewards yesterday which won't arrive for awhile, to buy my AP's in September. Has anyone been denied this week at Target, or has perhaps been successful?
Update: Received the $800 worth of Target GC's today, I ran right over to my local Target. Was able to purchase 8 $100 Disney GC's at self checkout :yay:. Also for those concerned, my Target had 100's, 50's, and 25's in electronics, and then every cashier has tons of 50's.

Update: Received the $800 worth of Target GC's today, I ran right over to my local Target. Was able to purchase 8 $100 Disney GC's at self checkout :yay:. Also for those concerned, my Target had 100's, 50's, and 25's in electronics, and then every cashier has tons of 50's.
That's excellent, Glad to hear this news!

Been wondering though, where Dr of credit got their info, I thought they were usually more reliable than not. I was already wondering why more people here and elsewhere weren't more upset and worried about spending their Target gc's. Seemed like if it were true, more people would be complaining. Plenty of people still use Raise or other places, or like myself, cash out to Target gc's at Swagbucks for at least the first one of the month with the small discount available. I, for one, wouldn't want to do that if I wouldn't be able to use the Target gc on Disney gc's. Actually, I might still cash out my first gc for Aug to BB to add to the gc's I'm going to do in the BB / Cashstar deal I'll try to do tomorrow. But, still really glad to hear this Target sale went so great!

That's excellent, Glad to hear this news!

Been wondering though, where Dr of credit got their info, I thought they were usually more reliable than not. I was already wondering why more people here and elsewhere weren't more upset and worried about spending their Target gc's. Seemed like if it were true, more people would be complaining. Plenty of people still use Raise or other places, or like myself, cash out to Target gc's at Swagbucks for at least the first one of the month with the small discount available. I, for one, wouldn't want to do that if I wouldn't be able to use the Target gc on Disney gc's. Actually, I might still cash out my first gc for Aug to BB to add to the gc's I'm going to do in the BB / Cashstar deal I'll try to do tomorrow. But, still really glad to hear this Target sale went so great!

I don't think he or his information is unreliable. Target treats Disney Gift Cards as "Entertainment" which fall under a different category then other third party gift cards. Target's new system certainly had/has the potential to eliminate our ability to purchase gift cards with gift cards. So far many have reported being able to purchase without any issue, hooray for us but that certainly can change. It's still a great site.

We noticed yesterday that our local Target only had a handful of $25 Disney Gift Cards available in electronics, and none anywhere else in the store. They did have a substantial amount of Disneyland Resort park ticket vouchers for sale. That was a product we haven't seen there before. Has anyone else seen similar product availability? We are wondering if this is a general trend or if this is just a temporary market test in our local area.

We noticed yesterday that our local Target only had a handful of $25 Disney Gift Cards available in electronics, and none anywhere else in the store. They did have a substantial amount of Disneyland Resort park ticket vouchers for sale. That was a product we haven't seen there before. Has anyone else seen similar product availability? We are wondering if this is a general trend or if this is just a temporary market test in our local area.

The Disneyland Resort Passes have been put in place at many Targets for at least 2 months now. At least at mine and a few others who have reported so. But I'm just 10 miles from Disneyland so not sure if that makes a difference.

For anyone who has purchased the Wal-Mart Gift Cards online for the Chase 10x pay, how long did Wal-Mart take to process the order? The charge is pending on my card, hasn't gone through and Wal-Mart just says processing order, its only been one day, just inpatient and used to Amazon Prime :)

Has anyone been successful at getting a Sam's club portal bonus when buying Disney gift cards using Walmart gift cards?

Did not work for me the last time I tried unfortunately. :-(

I just checked Ebates and I have never received cash back for Sam's. I do for BJ's though. Makes me miss the eBay/Target churn immensely. Those were the good 'ol days!

The Disneyland Resort Passes have been put in place at many Targets for at least 2 months now. At least at mine and a few others who have reported so. But I'm just 10 miles from Disneyland so not sure if that makes a difference.
Thanks for the report. We are actually nearly 700 miles from Disneyland. So it is curious that they would have such a specific product this far from a Disney park, and not also have the more generic Disney Gift Card option available.

For anyone who has purchased the Wal-Mart Gift Cards online for the Chase 10x pay, how long did Wal-Mart take to process the order? The charge is pending on my card, hasn't gone through and Wal-Mart just says processing order, its only been one day, just inpatient and used to Amazon Prime :)

I had one pending and hung up in their fraud department. They eventually sent an email to call or email them to verify the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter