Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received an email from Bed Bath & Beyond inviting me to join their membership program for $29 per year. The program is supposed to give you 20% off your entire purchase both in-store and online, plus free shipping. This is the first I've heard of this program. Does anyone have any experience with it? I read through the terms & conditions and they list a lot of brand exclusions plus alcohol, baby wipes, diapers, formula, portrait studio, etc., but I didn't see anything that excludes gift cards. Just wondering if it might be worth the $29 fee to give it a try buying Disney gift cards. I could see an exclusion being added really quickly if people start buying thousands of dollars worth.
Do they offer a refund if you aren't satisfied?...

Just found this thread and I will go through it but I'm wondering if anyone has every had trouble with their gift cards working once they purchase? I'm a bit nervous to buy $4000 in gift cards to save $200 only to have them not work and have to fight with someone about it.

Just found this thread and I will go through it but I'm wondering if anyone has every had trouble with their gift cards working once they purchase? I'm a bit nervous to buy $4000 in gift cards to save $200 only to have them not work and have to fight with someone about it.

I think the risk depends on where you're purchasing the card from. If purchasing from a gift card re-seller site, I always make sure to go with reputable sites that have a good money back guarantee. I also always make sure to redeem/convert/transfer the entire value of these cards not long after receiving them, and within the guarantee period. I never purchase an amount of gift cards that I'm not comfortable being stuck with, and I always make sure to have an exit strategy to avoid getting stuck. I haven't had issues with cards not working that were purchased directly from a retail store, but it's possible that cards can be improperly activated, in which case you would have to take them back to exchange for properly activated cards. I hope this helps.

I think the risk depends on where you're purchasing the card from. If purchasing from a gift card re-seller site, I always make sure to go with reputable sites that have a good money back guarantee. I also always make sure to redeem/convert/transfer the entire value of these cards not long after receiving them, and within the guarantee period. I never purchase an amount of gift cards that I'm not comfortable being stuck with, and I always make sure to have an exit strategy to avoid getting stuck. I haven't had issues with cards not working that were purchased directly from a retail store, but it's possible that cards can be improperly activated, in which case you would have to take them back to exchange for properly activated cards. I hope this helps.

Currently I plan to order from BJS so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem, but I just want trying to save money turn in to a nightmare! I've upgraded our package which is going to cost us around $700 so I'm trying to recoup this the best I can.

Currently I plan to order from BJS so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem, but I just want trying to save money turn in to a nightmare! I've upgraded our package which is going to cost us around $700 so I'm trying to recoup this the best I can.

Well depending on how fast you need to get the cards and what your strategy is for BJ's, you might find the Target RedCard 5% discount option to be comparable right now. In addition to physical gift cards, Target also sells Disney egift cards online, which are usually delivered within 4 hours and can be combined.

If your trip is further out you can follow this thread and look out for deals that get posted here, and get much better than 5% savings.

It's not for everyone. That is a possibility. (But I've never seen a story of that happening fwiw.) What does happen is people order gift cards from a 3rd party and receive them but they aren't activated, then you have a fight with the 3rd party. Also, packages get stolen in the mail and then you have a fight with the 3rd party and the shipper. These usually resolve fine in the end but they do happen once in a while, so never order more in gift cards than you can afford to lose for a couple months if something goes wrong.

Every great now and then you will read of someone finding out a GC they purchased from say Target does not work. It's usually a case where it got scanned but never got activated for some reason. In most cases it's been an easy fix. However there have been some cases where someone bought a bunch of GC's and stashed them away. 12 months later they go to use them and find out they were never activated. I always check mine on the Disney GC site as soon as I get home to avoid an issue down the road.

If your trip is further out you can follow this thread and look out for deals that get posted here, and get much better than 5% savings.

Exactly. By using a combo of buying them at Target and getting some from the Best Buy GC promo they had back in Aug I was able to save over 8% on my trip next week. I know others have done better but I was happy with this. According to others here the Best Buy promo runs every now and then. You could get a $15 BB savings card (delivered a few weeks later via email) for each $150 BB e-gift card you bought. They said you could buy up to 3 of them, so basically buy $450 on BB GC's and get $45 in GC's later ot in the end a total of $495 for only $450. I was able to do it 3 times so I got in the end I got $1485 in BB GC's for $1350. BB then allows you to buy Disney GC's with their GC's. Hope you are able to catch this deal and it works as well for you as it did me.

I'm just going to second what others have said about third party sellers. I would think BJs would be fairly safe but probably not the best savings as someone else mentioned. I try to wait for 10% or more savings. The Best Buy deal a while back was good and also Discover It card ran a promo (and might still but I haven't checked) to double their 5% cash back each quarter the first year. Target is on the 5% this quarter so after doubling it's a 10% savings. Sometimes Ebay will send me a $15 off $30 code and I'll buy smaller $50 Disney gc for a 30% savings. I do the smaller ones just in case there's an issue (I don't want to be out much money).

Good luck!

Just curious...

I went to buy a $50 Disney e-gift card from Target.com the other day. I used my RedCard (for the discount) but I noted that there was an option at checkout to use up to 4 Target gift cards. Has this always been there, after they removed the GC->GC option online? I know that you don't (shouldn't) get the extra 5% discount, which is fine because I'm using "free" gift cards anyways, but I thought that the option to use a GC as payment on a GC had been removed.

Just curious...

I went to buy a $50 Disney e-gift card from Target.com the other day. I used my RedCard (for the discount) but I noted that there was an option at checkout to use up to 4 Target gift cards. Has this always been there, after they removed the GC->GC option online? I know that you don't (shouldn't) get the extra 5% discount, which is fine because I'm using "free" gift cards anyways, but I thought that the option to use a GC as payment on a GC had been removed.

This is just the default checkout payment methods screen. It will always show that you can input up to 4 gift cards, no matter what you buy, but when you try to check out for a gift card using gift cards it won't actually let you do it.

This is just the default checkout payment methods screen. It will always show that you can input up to 4 gift cards, no matter what you buy, but when you try to check out for a gift card using gift cards it won't actually let you do it.
That's what I figured. I just thought that the option had been removed altogether, but I must admit, I have not purchased any gift cards online since the loophole closed. I almost always go to the store now, but since I needed $50 more for my trip next week, I cashed out my SB to PayPal and used the "cash" to buy the gift card. It saved me a trip to the store:)

Kroger 4x fuel points on restaurant and entertainment gift cards Oct 11-24. Does anyone have a list of what counts for entertainment cards? I'm thinking it's mostly theaters and online video/gaming co's like Netflix, Steam, etc.

Heads up for any new Discover It card users: Target is 5% cashback this quarter (Oct 1 - Dec 31) and if you're a new user then you're also getting double cashback making it a 10% savings. The terms state that online purchases qualify as well. I don't see anything that excludes gift cards. It's up to $1500 in purchases. I thought Target.com had $500 gcs but I couldn't find them today. The highest I found was $100. That's still faster than entering the $50 ones. Hope this info helps someone!

Heads up for any new Discover It card users: Target is 5% cashback this quarter (Oct 1 - Dec 31) and if you're a new user then you're also getting double cashback making it a 10% savings. The terms state that online purchases qualify as well. I don't see anything that excludes gift cards. It's up to $1500 in purchases. I thought Target.com had $500 gcs but I couldn't find them today. The highest I found was $100. That's still faster than entering the $50 ones. Hope this info helps someone!

It's my first year with Discover and having the It card, and I plan to utilize this quarter's bonus toward gift cards at Target as well. I'm holding out a little longer in hopes that Target will run their 10% off Target gift cards deal in December. They've done it for the past few years or so, and this would make it ~20% discount for new Discover users and ~15% discount for continuing users.

...I'm holding out a little longer in hopes that Target will run their 10% off Target gift cards deal in December. They've done it for the past few years or so, and this would make it ~20% discount for new Discover users and ~15% discount for continuing users.

Do you remember exactly when they run it? We leave the second week of December so I definitely can't use it for the trip cost but we always buy extra Disney gc to pay for food and souvenirs. It would be nice to get an extra discount on that!

I'm sorry for what is probably a very stupid question - but to get the 5% off at Target - do you actually have to pay with the Red Card, or just have a red card? Trying to decide if the 5% savings is worth losing the points on my preferred credit card. Thx!

I'm sorry for what is probably a very stupid question - but to get the 5% off at Target - do you actually have to pay with the Red Card, or just have a red card? Trying to decide if the 5% savings is worth losing the points on my preferred credit card. Thx!
You have to pay with the REDcard. Only the amount charged to the REDcard gets 5% off.

Do you remember exactly when they run it? We leave the second week of December so I definitely can't use it for the trip cost but we always buy extra Disney gc to pay for food and souvenirs. It would be nice to get an extra discount on that!

Last year it was Dec 1. A few of the years before that it was on Black Friday but not sure if they'll go back to that (if they bring it back again this year).

It's my first year with Discover and having the It card, and I plan to utilize this quarter's bonus toward gift cards at Target as well. I'm holding out a little longer in hopes that Target will run their 10% off Target gift cards deal in December. They've done it for the past few years or so, and this would make it ~20% discount for new Discover users and ~15% discount for continuing users.

My plan as well!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!