Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a limit as to how many gift cards you can buy in a week with BJs? I purchased 5 cards on Saturday. Then purchased another 3 on Monday. Today, Thursday, I decided to purchase 1 more $100 GC. I get an email telling me my order has been cancelled due to not being able to verify my card information. I check the card...all is good, place the order again, then get a cancelled email (I check the card and can see all the pending authorizations from BJs). So, I decided to purchase a single $50 GC with a different credit card. Guess what? Got the cancelled email again! Has anyone ever had this happen? At least my other purchases from Saturday and Monday have all shipped and should be here tomorrow and Saturday.
I've only recently gone the gift card route, but all the $100 cards I've ordered from Bj's since Sep. have come with no problems, and I've ordered up to 20 at a time - twice in the same week. My most recent order was for 10, they are tracking to be here tomorrow through regular post. After that I have 8 more to order - will be doing that tomorrow. So, since September I will have bought 93 $100 cards. After reading the problems others have with unactivated cards, I am thankful I haven't had those problems!

Thanks...I was googling problems with BJ's gift cards and found where someone else had the same problems and was able to call them over the phone and the transaction went fine. But the suggestion I read was to order through a different browser (I've been using Chrome). So I did that and finally everything went through..got my confirmation email (instead of the cancelled email).

Thanks...I was googling problems with BJ's gift cards and found where someone else had the same problems and was able to call them over the phone and the transaction went fine. But the suggestion I read was to order through a different browser (I've been using Chrome). So I did that and finally everything went through..got my confirmation email (instead of the cancelled email).

Glad it worked out - I have been ordering them 5 at a time, in $1,000 blocks so 2 orders one right after another in the same day and they have been working out fine so far. Done this for the past couple of weeks and will continue for another two for payoff of trip and spending money at a discount. I keep it to 5 cards per order to keep the shipping via usps so no signature required. Also, I did notice on their site that it does say "limit of 3 per order" for the $100 cards but it has never held me to that. I am a BJ's member, but I don't think that matters. It seems to be more of a suggestion. Anyway, I'm glad they are still in stock online, as my local BJ's is completely out of the $100 cards, but has plenty of the $50 and $25 cards (not as good of a value).

All the talk about BJ's cards not being activated makes me hope all of ours were that we ordered! This summer when wholesale clubs was a 5% category for Discover and the $50 3 packs were an extra $5 off, we ordered them for our wedding favors. We got 6 packs but only needed 16 gift cards, so I did open 2 different packs and take a card from each and they were activated. No one said anything, so...

Thank you all so much for ideas on how to to try to get help from BJs for my inactive card.

Want to hear something funny? (At this point I'm just laughing out of anger)
I called yesterday to check on the issue AGAIN and they told me the card was already redeemed!!! What!?!! The card has never been activated how could it have been redeemed??

I'm so furious.
I did sent a message to their FB and commented on one of their posts, so I hope to hear back today.

I just returned from my trip to Disneyland. Trying to purchase my gift cards before I left was a nightmare. I needed to purchase them from Lowes with my Lowes credit card, for reasons I'm not going to go into. I go into my local store and they only have a couple of the variable load cards and very few of any other denomination. So, I pick up some Target GC to finish out the amount needed ($4000). Go to the register, all scan in just fine, try to pay the card keeps getting declined. The cashier looks and says it shows my account has been closed. What??? Head over to customer service. No, the account is not closed, it is locked because of a fraud alert. Talk to the bank, they clear it and say run the order again. Tried $2000 this time, locks it up again. Another call to the bank. $2000 again, goes through, all paid but can't activate most of the cards. Only $500 activated. Refund $1500. Try again. Some activate, refund the rest. After two hours at customer service I left with $700 in Disney GC and $500 Target GC.
Two days later I go to a different Lowes. Try $2000, same thing, the cards won't activate but now the register is locked up. They called someone... come to find out that Lowes has a gift card threshold of $700 every fifteen minutes. This is not per person, but storewide. The sale will go through, but the cards won't activate. So, it took me some time, but I was able to get the rest of my cards by purchasing less than $700 every 15 mins. Then headed to Target to get snarkily informed that I am not allowed to purchase GC with GC. I said I have done it plenty of times. She called a manager and after quite a wait was still told no. Next day, my normal Target. I checked out with some other items I needed also. She took the GC no problem, but the register locked up and couldn't complete the transaction. Manager.., take everything to a new register and it all goes through just fine. My daughter says to the cashier how the other store wouldn't let us use the GC and she said yeah, they are no longer supposed to allow it, but she was letting it slide. And gave me $10 off for the trouble. The self checkouts no longer allow purchase of any gift cards at my local stores.

I just returned from my trip to Disneyland. Trying to purchase my gift cards before I left was a nightmare. I needed to purchase them from Lowes with my Lowes credit card, for reasons I'm not going to go into. I go into my local store and they only have a couple of the variable load cards and very few of any other denomination. So, I pick up some Target GC to finish out the amount needed ($4000). Go to the register, all scan in just fine, try to pay the card keeps getting declined. The cashier looks and says it shows my account has been closed. What??? Head over to customer service. No, the account is not closed, it is locked because of a fraud alert. Talk to the bank, they clear it and say run the order again. Tried $2000 this time, locks it up again. Another call to the bank. $2000 again, goes through, all paid but can't activate most of the cards. Only $500 activated. Refund $1500. Try again. Some activate, refund the rest. After two hours at customer service I left with $700 in Disney GC and $500 Target GC.
Two days later I go to a different Lowes. Try $2000, same thing, the cards won't activate but now the register is locked up. They called someone... come to find out that Lowes has a gift card threshold of $700 every fifteen minutes. This is not per person, but storewide. The sale will go through, but the cards won't activate. So, it took me some time, but I was able to get the rest of my cards by purchasing less than $700 every 15 mins. Then headed to Target to get snarkily informed that I am not allowed to purchase GC with GC. I said I have done it plenty of times. She called a manager and after quite a wait was still told no. Next day, my normal Target. I checked out with some other items I needed also. She took the GC no problem, but the register locked up and couldn't complete the transaction. Manager.., take everything to a new register and it all goes through just fine. My daughter says to the cashier how the other store wouldn't let us use the GC and she said yeah, they are no longer supposed to allow it, but she was letting it slide. And gave me $10 off for the trouble. The self checkouts no longer allow purchase of any gift cards at my local stores.
Oh my gosh that's all so ridiculous! Glad you finally got a decent manager at your last stop- but that's a hard way to earn a $10 discount! There have been a few reports of Target self checkouts no longer accepting GC to GC and few and far between reports of Target stores where no registers allow gc to gc to go through at all. It doesn't help your frustration levels I know but you're not alone!

I hope you had a good DL trip, saw reports it was crazy busy!

Oh my gosh that's all so ridiculous! Glad you finally got a decent manager at your last stop- but that's a hard way to earn a $10 discount! There have been a few reports of Target self checkouts no longer accepting GC to GC and few and far between reports of Target stores where no registers allow gc to gc to go through at all. It doesn't help your frustration levels I know but you're not alone!

I hope you had a good DL trip, saw reports it was crazy busy!
The weekend was busy, but the weekdays weren't bad at all. We met some really great people. I could have done without the smoke and ash from the fire, as my daughter had a reaction to it and is now on an inhaler. But we had a great trip! The Disneyland Hotel was awesome as usual! Now I have to figure out a workable way to save up for a trip next year.

My Walgreen's experience:

I just tried to use a walgreens GC to buy a disney GC and the register wouldn't allow it (it wasn't the person, it was the system). I added some other things to the purchase but the GC only worked on the other things and would not apply to the gift card. So bummed! I don't have a target near me and had hoped going to the Walgreens would be a good way for me to get discounted disney GCs.

My Walgreen's experience:

I just tried to use a walgreens GC to buy a disney GC and the register wouldn't allow it (it wasn't the person, it was the system). I added some other things to the purchase but the GC only worked on the other things and would not apply to the gift card. So bummed! I don't have a target near me and had hoped going to the Walgreens would be a good way for me to get discounted disney GCs.

Was your Walgreen's "gift card" purchased from a reseller site or was it a physical card from an authorized seller (like SVM) or Walgreens.

Walgreens' POS allowed GC>GC transactions as recently as late last year (YMMV with your cashier), so if that's no longer the case then they may have updated their system. However, if you bought a discounted Walgreens "gift card" from a reseller site like Raise, you may have actually bought a merchandise credit (which usually have random value amounts), which people have reported in this thread doesn't work for buying third party gift cards. The Walgreens gift cards that worked on Disney gift cards were physical, plastic cards with an even number denomination (e.g., $10, $25, $50, $100).

As for Target, you can sign up for a REDcard online and use that to purchase Disney electronic gift cards at 5% off from Target .com, which are then emailed to you. No need to step into a store if there's not one nearby. Other stores you may want to consider for discounted Disney gift cards are Walmart/Sam's Club, BJ's, and Best Buy.

There's a coupon on my Meijers app for $10 off a $100 or more MasterCard gift card. It expires today though.

Was your Walgreen's "gift card" purchased from a reseller site or was it a physical card from an authorized seller (like SVM) or Walgreens.

Walgreens' POS allowed GC>GC transactions as recently as late last year (YMMV with your cashier), so if that's no longer the case then they may have updated their system. However, if you bought a discounted Walgreens "gift card" from a reseller site like Raise, you may have actually bought a merchandise credit (which usually have random value amounts), which people have reported in this thread doesn't work for buying third party gift cards. The Walgreens gift cards that worked on Disney gift cards were physical, plastic cards with an even number denomination (e.g., $10, $25, $50, $100).

As for Target, you can sign up for a REDcard online and use that to purchase Disney electronic gift cards at 5% off from Target .com, which are then emailed to you. No need to step into a store if there's not one nearby. Other stores you may want to consider for discounted Disney gift cards are Walmart/Sam's Club, BJ's, and Best Buy.

That must be what is going on. The walgreen cards were 10% off. I wanted a bigger discount than the 5% online red card deal but I guess I'll have to settle for that. I hear and read of people getting these great discounts and wanted to be one of them but 5% is better than nothing. I don't have a Sam's, Best Buy etc.... nearby either

Does anyone still use Raise anymore? I haven't in a year or so, but went on there this morning looking for a TRU GC to use on an online purchase I was making. Bought 5 GCs for TRU and used them immediately, saving 6.5% (+ CB from SB for the Raise purchase + CB from ebates from the TRU purchase). Is Raise still a good site to use? It worked well for me this morning, but wasn't sure if it was still reliable.

Does anyone know if there is a maximum limit of gift cards you can buy at Sams Club? I am a member. I know it's not a huge discount but would save a little bit from the seven grand I need to pay.

Does anyone still use Raise anymore? I haven't in a year or so, but went on there this morning looking for a TRU GC to use on an online purchase I was making. Bought 5 GCs for TRU and used them immediately, saving 6.5% (+ CB from SB for the Raise purchase + CB from ebates from the TRU purchase). Is Raise still a good site to use? It worked well for me this morning, but wasn't sure if it was still reliable.

I still use Raise occasionally, usually in a pinch and after I've exhausted other options because even a small discount is better than no discount. A few things I dislike about Raise: (1) the discounts to the merchants I shop aren't that great anymore (e.g., Target <5% so worse than using REDcard); (2) discounts are better when authorized gift card sellers have sales (e.g., iTunes for 15%+ off from PPDG or Costco, Best Buy for 10%+ off from PPDG or Cashstar, Toys "R" Us for 10%+ off from PPDG or Groupon), so you save more during these sales even if you're not going to spend the cards right away (downside is you're tying up cash in a store credit amount that might be more than you need); (3) Raise doesn't let you buy only the amount(s) you need for your transaction, so I'm often trying to add up multiple cards to get the total to as close to my balance due as possible, but not over so I won't be stuck with any extra credit, which works if you're at home shopping online but not in line at the store; and (4) paying with gift cards, you forgo credit card protections like price, return, and product protections.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a maximum limit of gift cards you can buy at Sams Club? I am a member. I know it's not a huge discount but would save a little bit from the seven grand I need to pay.

There is a maximum, but it's per transaction - I think their maximum is 1 $500 card. So you can just buy the maximum and then do it again. You can also do the same through BJ's without being a member. I do it through BJ's every week (I am a member but it doesn't matter). The limit with them is 3 $100 gift cards at a time, but it allows me to do 5 at a time without an issue. So I'll but 5, wait for the order to go through, then go right back on and order another 5. No problem. I have $1,000 coming from BJ's each week till I hit my payoff amount. For me the discount is slightly better through BJ's with the $100 gift cards at $94.99 vs. the $500 gift cards at Sam's (or even the pack of $150 gift cards there) when you include their shipping charge. Bbut Sam's may work out better for you. I am a member at both. I find it's better to break up the orders for me, as I cannot be here to sign for a delivery (which I hear they will require for a larger dollar amount).

I am not aware of a maximum. We needed $3000 in gc this past April ($1500 for us and then $1500 for my parents). So I split it into two transactions - 3 gc in each transaction - with no problem. I used two different payment methods too. Not sure if that makes a difference but thought I'd mention it. Also, don't forget that if you have the upgraded Sams membership, you're also getting another 2% back on that purchase. So it ends up being a decent deal. We also used our new Discover It card which was doing 10% cash back that quarter (5% initially and then another 5% at the end of the year). I was very happy with our savings!

I have read from several places that Ebates does not credit for gift card purchases. So I thought I'd share that I tried yesterday and it worked. I purchased (4) $100 Disney egift cards and received the gift cards within an hour or so. Then Ebates sent me an email that my account was credited $4 for my Target.com purchase. Ends up being an 11% savings with my Discover It rewards so I'm happy!

Also, thanks to a tip on the boards here, I purchased (2) $25 Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards with my Discover rewards for only $40 (20% savings) and then bought Disney gcs. At first the cashier said she couldn't do it, but I asked her to please try and see if the system would allow it. So she ran it and it worked! Now that I know it will work, I'll buy more that way. (I can't remember if I shared that yet or not so this may be a repeat but wanted to be sure.)

Checking for current situation...will this work now to buy WM GC and then buy dis gc at Sams? I know it has in the past...any idea on current sams pricing/discount %? I don't have a membership,so I can't check right now (a friend does and can get them for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter