Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, thanks to a tip on the boards here, I purchased (2) $25 Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards with my Discover rewards for only $40 (20% savings) and then bought Disney gcs. At first the cashier said she couldn't do it, but I asked her to please try and see if the system would allow it. So she ran it and it worked! Now that I know it will work, I'll buy more that way. (I can't remember if I shared that yet or not so this may be a repeat but wanted to be sure.)
The manager at my BBB wouldn't even try it.

The manager at my BBB wouldn't even try it.
BBB repeatedly has issues doing this. A couple people have no issues, some people made it work but had to go to serious lengths like contacting corporate, getting a district manager involved & I think some people never made it work. People need to realize BBB is a high risk turn. Hope you find/found another use for your BBB gift cards!

BBB repeatedly has issues doing this. A couple people have no issues, some people made it work but had to go to serious lengths like contacting corporate, getting a district manager involved & I think some people never made it work. People need to realize BBB is a high risk turn. Hope you find/found another use for your BBB gift cards!

I agree. If I weren't registered at Buy Buy Baby I wouldn't be redeeming my Discover cash back for BBB cards. Even if I weren't registered there I'd probably still take the risk and would be able to use them either way. I have enough for $200 worth.

Checking for current situation...will this work now to buy WM GC and then buy dis gc at Sams? I know it has in the past...any idea on current sams pricing/discount %? I don't have a membership,so I can't check right now (a friend does and can get them for me)

I use Walmart gc at Sams for Disney gc all the time with no problem. I usually go through the self checkout but I have gone through a cashier too and it worked. The discount for the $500 gc at my store was just shy of 5%. I assume they are all the same price at every store.

There is a maximum, but it's per transaction - I think their maximum is 1 $500 card. So you can just buy the maximum and then do it again. You can also do the same through BJ's without being a member. I do it through BJ's every week (I am a member but it doesn't matter). The limit with them is 3 $100 gift cards at a time, but it allows me to do 5 at a time without an issue. So I'll but 5, wait for the order to go through, then go right back on and order another 5. No problem. I have $1,000 coming from BJ's each week till I hit my payoff amount. For me the discount is slightly better through BJ's with the $100 gift cards at $94.99 vs. the $500 gift cards at Sam's (or even the pack of $150 gift cards there) when you include their shipping charge. Bbut Sam's may work out better for you. I am a member at both. I find it's better to break up the orders for me, as I cannot be here to sign for a delivery (which I hear they will require for a larger dollar amount).
I've been buying through Bj's - it let me buy 20 $100 cards in one order, so I did it again 3 days later a few weeks ago. They both went through fine, but I did have to sign for them. I haven't needed to sign for any of my 10 card orders, but then had to sign for a 15 card order. So now I only order 10 or less at a time.

Question about the possible Target December sale on gift cards - I understand in the past the discount has been 10%. Do you get an extra 5% off if you pay by RedCard? Thanks!

I use Walmart gc at Sams for Disney gc all the time with no problem. I usually go through the self checkout but I have gone through a cashier too and it worked. The discount for the $500 gc at my store was just shy of 5%. I assume they are all the same price at every store.
thanks!

Question about the possible Target December sale on gift cards - I understand in the past the discount has been 10%. Do you get an extra 5% off if you pay by RedCard? Thanks!
No. The December 10% deal has been on Target gift cards, and you never get the REDcard discount onTarget gift cards.

The sale is for the Target gift cards, so no, since you don't get a discount for buying a Target gift card with the RedCard anyway. That's why I use a different cashback card to buy the discounted Target gift card. Some folks use discounted Target gift cards to buy the sale Target gift card, but while the system still allows it some stores won't let you do it, so I don't bother going to that length.

Checking for current situation...will this work now to buy WM GC and then buy dis gc at Sams? I know it has in the past...any idea on current sams pricing/discount %? I don't have a membership,so I can't check right now (a friend does and can get them for me)

Current pricing:

$150 Disney GC for $142.98 ($143.97 with shipping)
$500 Disney GC for $479.98 ($480.97 with shipping)

You can use Walmart GC to purchase but I think there might be the a limited to how many you can redeem. I'm not sure if it applies in store but online it is four per order.

Current pricing:

$150 Disney GC for $142.98 ($143.97 with shipping)
$500 Disney GC for $479.98 ($480.97 with shipping)

You can use Walmart GC to purchase but I think there might be the a limited to how many you can redeem. I'm not sure if it applies in store but online it is four per order.
thanks! is there a price difference between ordering and instore?
and I'm not imagining this, but it seems that the $150 is a better deal at 5% than 4% for the $500!? if I'm going online, can I use a large wm gc (like $500) to pay for the gc at sams?

Last edited:
thanks! is there a price difference between ordering and instore?
and I'm not imagining this, but it seems that the $150 is a better deal (7%) than the $500!?

The amount off of $150 is a little less than 5%. A 5% discount would be $142.50.
The amount off of $500 is a little more than 4%. A 4% discount would be $480.00

(At least I think so... Its early for math :teacher:)

The amount off of $150 is a little less than 5%. A 5% discount would be $142.50.
The amount off of $500 is a little more than 4%. A 4% discount would be $480.00

(At least I think so... Its early for math :teacher:)

Just to note . . . Sam's Club charges $.99 for each gift card shipped, not per order. I ordered two of the $150 packs and was charged $1.98 shipping.

In my Kroger.(Fry's) digital coupons I have a 200 fuel points bonus for buying a Disney gift card, no amount specified. Got similar offer for McDonald's gc last week with $15 min. 4x fuel points on entertainment and restaurant cards too.

In my Kroger.(Fry's) digital coupons I have a 200 fuel points bonus for buying a Disney gift card, no amount specified. Got similar offer for McDonald's gc last week with $15 min. 4x fuel points on entertainment and restaurant cards too.
Fry's is my local Kroger as well. I checked all of our accounts, (we each have an account or two :rolleyes1 ) an no luck on them. What category was yours listed under?

I have a BJS Elite Master Card that gives me 5% back on in store purchases at BJS but not Gift Cards or Gas. Any idea if it works for GCs online? I'm going to try on my first order but just curious if anyone knew for sure.

I have a BJS Elite Master Card that gives me 5% back on in store purchases at BJS but not Gift Cards or Gas. Any idea if it works for GCs online? I'm going to try on my first order but just curious if anyone knew for sure.

I purchased $2,000 worth of gift cards from BJs.com and I got 5% back on my elite card. I wasn't expecting it so it was a nice surprise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter