Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, could you please share where you found it? It's a pretty handy thing to have and I Was also looking to see if the instant pot was on sale next week, lol. The other target ad link someone posted for the 2015 deal being discussed above links can also link to current sakes but still only has this week.

this is the first one that popped up when i searched "target ad scan 12 10"
http://www.totallytarget.com/2017/12/07/sneak-peek-target-ad-scan-for-week-of-1210-1216/#more-608178

I just know she's not in PA, because there's alcohol for sale on the last page :) I think I've been to that site before and maybe FL, if I recall correctly?

I bought mine at Kohl's. It's ridiculously priced (like everything at Kohl's) but it was on sale and I had a 30% off coupon. It brought it down to less than $70.
Right? That's why i wanna get a good sale and hopefully at this time of year there should be sales coming up! I'll keep an eye on kohls! Thx!

this is the first one that popped up when i searched "target ad scan 12 10"
http://www.totallytarget.com/2017/12/07/sneak-peek-target-ad-scan-for-week-of-1210-1216/#more-608178

I just know she's not in PA, because there's alcohol for sale on the last page :) I think I've been to that site before and maybe FL, if I recall correctly?

Thank you, never seen these ads online before, just usually waited for my paper ad.

Those $50 cards were not fun (hopefully you aren't talking of $25's...that would be TORTURE!)...

The other night I had to keep reminding myself that everytime I scratched one off and combined it I was saving $5...

I know it's a little late but instead of scratching you can peel the "scratch off" like a sticker. It saves me some time when I'm combining everything.

I know it's a little late but instead of scratching you can peel the "scratch off" like a sticker. It saves me some time when I'm combining everything.
Yeah I've been a peeler too actually for years, just said scratch in this instance haha. That part honestly is less annoying to me than the Enter, Transfer, Delete steps haha, that's the part that really takes a lot of time.

Do you have to have an physical gift card to transfer the new target e-gift cards or can I transfer them to an old target e-gift card number? And would I do this on the target website? That is where I still have some old empty e-gift card numbers still loaded. Thanks!

this will only work in store. just purchase a new target GC and use your target GC to pay. hope that helps.

this will only work in store. just purchase a new target GC and use your target GC to pay. hope that helps.

That does answer my question, but there may be another way at least for other people. I found this article http://www.totallytarget.com/2012/08/15/roll-your-target-gift-cards-into-one/ To make this work I might have to find a store around me that sells small denomination target gift cards. I don't live that close to a Target and am worried that by the time I get to one, Target will drain the 10% off gift cards I got this past Sunday because I bought more than 1. I bought 3 with different emails but with the same credit card and 2 others, each with different credit cards and emails. All with the same billing address.

Maybe this question has been answered elsewhere, but I'm going to ask anyway, because this thread is 10 miles long!

At Sams Club I can get $500 gift cards for $480. So if I bought 7 of them that would be $3500 in gift cards and I would save $140, not too shabby.

Can I pay for my trip in Disney gift cards? Is there a better way to do this?

Maybe this question has been answered elsewhere, but I'm going to ask anyway, because this thread is 10 miles long!

At Sams Club I can get $500 gift cards for $480. So if I bought 7 of them that would be $3500 in gift cards and I would save $140, not too shabby.

Yes. that's what we are all doing!

Yes you can. I have paid for 3 trips with gift cards already. The 3rd one was primarily funded with gift card purchased at Sam's Club at the discounted price using Walmart gc earned via Swagbucks.

I would recommend using Target to buy your gift cards as you get 5% off the purchase price, when buying your deal from Sam's club you only save 4%.

I would recommend using Target to buy your gift cards as you get 5% off the purchase price, when buying your deal from Sam's club you only save 4%.

Just to clarify for new folks, if you have one of their RedCard's it's the 5%. If someone has a cashback or points card that they can use at Sam's and applies the cashback to the purchase they may be able to get 5% or more back. For instance, if you can wait until Jan the Discover it card has warehouse clubs for the 5% category up to $1500 in purchases, so buying at Sam's then would get a higher return than Target.

But if you can't wait and don't want a RedCard, Sam's or BJ's aren't bad options. They're at least consistent :)

Oh if you have an AmEx card there's an offer for extra MR points at Sam's if you were accumulating (if not I think cashback is better option). I posted it a while back but forget the details because we don't have a Sam's membership (we do BJ's).

I would recommend you buy at Giant Eagle and get 12% off but not all options work for everybody ;) lol

I would recommend you buy at Giant Eagle and get 12% off but not all options work for everybody ;) lol

That’s what I’ve been doing! Just bought lots of Disney and others too. It’s 12% just on gas and adding in the credit card points it’s even more. We use so much gas it’s a great deal for us! I just move the money I would’ve spent on gas to my vacation stash :)

Btw I think you’re fairly close to me if you’re in the South Fayette area. I’m from southwestern PA.

That’s what I’ve been doing! Just bought lots of Disney and others too. It’s 12% just on gas and adding in the credit card points it’s even more. We use so much gas it’s a great deal for us! I just move the money I would’ve spent on gas to my vacation stash :)

Btw I think you’re fairly close to me if you’re in the South Fayette area. I’m from southwestern PA.
Yep - awesome to see a fellow close by DISer. We hit GE until we earned more gas than we could use (we can do about 30 gallons each month) and then finished things off with the Target 10%.

So not totally GC related, but we were discussing not long ago the merits of finding the newbie cashier for checkout. Almost backfired on me today :) I wasn't buying GC's, but I was at Target using up my 20% off coupon. So I had a stack of manufacturer coupons to match with the cartwheel deals today on top of the 20% so when I was getting in line with my full cart I was just about to get into a line with a nice looking but a little older lady cashier and for me they can go either way on how picky they are with coupons. Some let it all go through but most in my neck of the woods scrutinize the things like the money is coming out of their own pocket. Right next to her is a young man with a similar line so I thought, score! Usually a good combo - young and male, usually if the computer gives acceptance beep they don't care. As he was finishing up with the person in front of me he seemed like he was new, again usually a good sign :) It was all going good, he was even a good bagger, until the coupons and I realize he's reading literally all the fine print on the first one before he scans it! D'oh. This could take forever, I had a money roll stack of coupons. Fortunately I didn't have anything questionable this time, almost all the stuff I bought was literally pictured on the coupon so it's easy to match up. But there were still 3 or 4 that didn't immediately go through and we had to wait for the coupon lady ("she's really good with coupons, i'll need to ask her") to come by. She looked at them, totally agreed they were valid and walked him through how to accept them. I'm pretty sure it took as long to scan the coupons as it was to ring up the whole order.

Well that was longer than I thought, but final thought was occasionally you get the eager beaver newbie who doesn't just believe you :) But I think it was worth the time and effort, I used a TGT GC from the 10% sale on top of all that so I got a 45% discount on the whole order all told.

Yeah I've been a peeler too actually for years, just said scratch in this instance haha. That part honestly is less annoying to me than the Enter, Transfer, Delete steps haha, that's the part that really takes a lot of time.

You can speed that process up a bit by going to the top of the page and clicking "Manage Cards" then "Transfer Balance". At the bottom there's a button that says "Enter Card Information" which lets you transfer straight from a new card to a current card without saving it into your account. You still have to type in all the numbers but it'll save you a couple steps.

You can speed that process up a bit by going to the top of the page and clicking "Manage Cards" then "Transfer Balance". At the bottom there's a button that says "Enter Card Information" which lets you transfer straight from a new card to a current card without saving it into your account. You still have to type in all the numbers but it'll save you a couple steps.
That is a super useful tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter