Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a Disney card deal but since everyone likes to save on a great deal....I just got an email from Amazon they have a new promotion $15 credit with a $50 or more gift card purchase!

Hadn't heard of the $15 yet, but drat, another one I'm not eligible for. There's others for $10 on $50, and $10 on $100 reload (if you haven't reloaded a GC balance with a CC yet) and I got no love from any of them. Have to get hubby to check his email as he'd the prime member, maybe he got some. That $15 is a nice one, congrats!

Maybe already on here but another random tip when you have multiple gift cards you are entering is to use one of the other cards to scrape off the stickers. Easier than using your fingers or something else to try to peel it off.

Hadn't heard of the $15 yet, but drat, another one I'm not eligible for. There's others for $10 on $50, and $10 on $100 reload (if you haven't reloaded a GC balance with a CC yet) and I got no love from any of them. Have to get hubby to check his email as he'd the prime member, maybe he got some. That $15 is a nice one, congrats!
I've been a prime memeber forever and didn't get the $15 off 50 gift card promotion either though have gotten the reload one.

I've been a prime memeber forever and didn't get the $15 off 50 gift card promotion either though have gotten the reload one.

Do you get the offers in email or is there a place to look? I've had prime over a year but have never gotten an email deal like this.

I would recommend you buy at Giant Eagle and get 12% off but not all options work for everybody ;) lol

That’s what I’ve been doing! Just bought lots of Disney and others too. It’s 12% just on gas and adding in the credit card points it’s even more. We use so much gas it’s a great deal for us! I just move the money I would’ve spent on gas to my vacation stash :)

Btw I think you’re fairly close to me if you’re in the South Fayette area. I’m from southwestern PA.

We have family in the Pittsburgh area and I'm pretty sure they haven't paid for gas in a couple years. If someone takes a gift card, and Giant Eagle sells it, they buy it at GE for the fuel perks and then use the GC for their purchase. They figure out how to max out each fill up so I can't imagine how many hundreds they've saved over the years.

ACME started doing fuel rewards around here and they give 2x for gift card purchases (not the pre-paids) that I do use when buying gifts, but it's capped at $1.00 per gallon per fill up, max of 25 gallons. So not as lucrative as GE but we can get up to $18 off a fill up and I usually just work the sales to do it. I don't track it, I do it as a 'in the general scheme of things' discount as we use it for hubby's car and he's the one that pays for all the fun stuff like vacation. So less money spent on fuel should eventually equal more money for fun :)

Do you get the offers in email or is there a place to look? I've had prime over a year but have never gotten an email deal like this.

If you do a search for it sometimes you can find the Amazon link to it, and it'll tell you if you're eligible or not. If you don't see the direct link most times you'll get a money saving blog with the links/promocodes to check. There's been at least one that I could use the promocode for but I never got an email or a pop up in the site. If I didn't search for the link I might not have ever known I was eligible. So most appreciated when folks post what they get so I know something's out there :)

In the past, I have never checked emails from Amazon because I don't check my junk folder. The way I have mostly saved money is through sale prices but have started looking here for more ideas. I think that others have reported seeing promotions in the banner area on the Amazon site but I looked there once and couldn't find the promo they spoke of. The reload promo was on item pages just below the name of the item. You'd probably see it if you were elgible. Sorry to not be of more help.

Just another heads up to always double check your gift card balance afterwards/transfer funds to a known, safe card. My husband only bought one Target GC during the 10% off promo, and when he went to use the card it was drained. He went to customer service at the Target he bought it at, and they were able to verify that it was he who bought the card (by checking the cameras) and that he hadn't used the card himself. Someone higher up in the store even came over to explain that multiple gc bought from the store had been drained- there was a thief in the area and they were trying to catch the person o.0

ACME is doing a gift card promo:
Buy $100 or more in select gift cards*, Save $10 off your next grocery purchase of $25 or more!

Offer valid 12/08/17 – 12/21/17

I grabbed a picture in store tonight of the eligible gift cards and terms. My stores do 2x fuel rewards on gift cards so while I don't need any more Disney cards (never thought I'd actually utter that!), I probably will buy some whatever I need to get for actual gifts. What is nice is Best Buy is eligible! Assuming your not in one of the rare areas where people have problem with GC -> GC in Best Buy, you can roll Best Buy into something else.

IMG_20171210_163805 (991x1024).jpg

I got an email this morning and accidentally deleted it after I used the link. It said it could only be used once. But maybe if you google the offer you can find it.

Just another heads up to always double check your gift card balance afterwards/transfer funds to a known, safe card. My husband only bought one Target GC during the 10% off promo, and when he went to use the card it was drained. He went to customer service at the Target he bought it at, and they were able to verify that it was he who bought the card (by checking the cameras) and that he hadn't used the card himself. Someone higher up in the store even came over to explain that multiple gc bought from the store had been drained- there was a thief in the area and they were trying to catch the person o.0

Did they reimburse him in any way?? A few years ago I purchased a $50 GC from Best Buy and when I got home it was not in the bag. I called the store immediately and asked them to check around the register. They insisted they didn't see it and that there was nothing they could do. I spoke to the manager and wrote a letter all to no avail. I have never returned to Best Buy!

I got an email this morning and accidentally deleted it after I used the link. It said it could only be used once. But maybe if you google the offer you can find it.

I googled earlier and found promo codes but none worked. I had the reload for 100 get 10 back, which is more than I want right now.

Some people think the drained Target cards is a non-issue so thank you for posting. I'm so sorry you're going through that & I hope you get your money back!

Did they reimburse him in any way?? A few years ago I purchased a $50 GC from Best Buy and when I got home it was not in the bag. I called the store immediately and asked them to check around the register. They insisted they didn't see it and that there was nothing they could do. I spoke to the manager and wrote a letter all to no avail. I have never returned to Best Buy!
Woah! I never would have returned either, that's messed up.

Some people think the drained Target cards is a non-issue so thank you for posting. I'm so sorry you're going through that & I hope you get your money back!
In @TeaInNeverland's case the card was drained by a thief. Which means that they somehow cloned the gift card. I made sure to select cards in the middle of the pile when I chose mine to avoid this kind of scam.

In @TeaInNeverland's case the card was drained by a thief. Which means that they somehow cloned the gift card. I made sure to select cards in the middle of the pile when I chose mine to avoid this kind of scam.
Yep! I also pull from the middle of the pile! (Although Target gift cards are/were notorious for being stolen. Last year people bought their cards in various stores and went to use it only to find out the card had been used states away days before. They had serious tech breaches in their gift card system, but I think they fixed it a bit because those reports haven't resurfaced this year. This is actually the first report I've seen of a card being stolen and it sounds localized [tear off the scratch area, snap a pic, replace the scratch with one you bought off the internet for those who don't know the mechanics of it].)

Yep! I also pull from the middle of the pile! (Although Target gift cards are/were notorious for being stolen. Last year people bought their cards in various stores and went to use it only to find out the card had been used states away days before. They had serious tech breaches in their gift card system, but I think they fixed it a bit because those reports haven't resurfaced this year. This is actually the first report I've seen of a card being stolen and it sounds localized [tear off the scratch area, snap a pic, replace the scratch with one you bought off the internet for those who don't know the mechanics of it].)
I had that happen to me on a Target card a couple of years ago. The card was used and drained many states away. I can't remember if it was a regular Target card or one from a reseller like Raise. I did get my money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts