Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you didnt have an ADR at Y&Y? I made an ADR for our Sept trip so I wondered if I needed to sign up for Landry Rewards too......I haven't been following the discussion.

I did this at Y&Y, Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex on our last trip. Yak & Yeti they had literally just opened the doors so we just had to wait for them to get settled then we were seated (no reservations). Rainforest Cafe, it took about 15 minutes. They were very busy, and I honestly couldn't understand their system. You checked in with someone out front, who then gave you a piece of paper to wait in another line by the hostess. She told me I didn't need to wait in line. BTW if you eat in the "Ice Age" room there, it is FREEZING cold. I couldn't eat my food fast enough to get out of there! :sad2:

It works great and you get points for spending money at the restaurants! I earned another $25 while we were there! I kind of saw the initial $25 as putting money toward my food budget. Just like buying a gift card.

I didn't make one (well did originally but cancelled) since we did Landry's rewards. We've done two previous times at YnY before getting the Landrys card. Both were with ADRs and we waited ~20mins each time, at not terribly busy times. But with the Landry's card we just walked up when we were ready for lunch, no ADR, and were seated in less than 5mins.

Really, I should have signed up for a Landry's card in 2016. We were trying to eat at the Bubba Gump at Santa Monica pier and the line was crazy! I bet it took over 15min just to get to the hostess stand, hour wait... meanwhile there were Landrys members even able to skip the checkin line at that restaurant and be seated immediately lol.
I know what you mean about the Bubba Gumps on the Santa Monica Pier! We've eaten there before, too!

So how much is the Landry's rewards card? I should look into that.

I think I goofed just now at Best Buy :( I had $10 in rewards I wanted to use on a movie so I did that transaction but the cashier scanned my QR code. Then I did a separate transaction after the movie transaction.....bought $100 DGC and she scanned my QR code again. Did I just short myself on swagbucks? Actually both receipts say SWAGBUCKS $0 AFFILIATE SKU.

I think I goofed just now at Best Buy :( I had $10 in rewards I wanted to use on a movie so I did that transaction but the cashier scanned my QR code. Then I did a separate transaction after the movie transaction.....bought $100 DGC and she scanned my QR code again. Did I just short myself on swagbucks? Actually both receipts say SWAGBUCKS $0 AFFILIATE SKU.
I don’t think you did. I think you can only get the bonus once a day but can still get Swagbucks for each purchase. Unless the movie cost $50 after the Reward you should be fine, hopefully.

I know what you mean about the Bubba Gumps on the Santa Monica Pier! We've eaten there before, too!

So how much is the Landry's rewards card? I should look into that.
$25 one time fee. But then you get a $25 reward to use on your first purchase so as long as you go to a Landry’s it’s free. You also get $25 for your birthday month each year.

I don’t think you did. I think you can only get the bonus once a day but can still get Swagbucks for each purchase. Unless the movie cost $50 after the Reward you should be fine, hopefully.
Oh, thanks for responding! I will just have to wait and see,then!

I didn't make one (well did originally but cancelled) since we did Landry's rewards. We've done two previous times at YnY before getting the Landrys card. Both were with ADRs and we waited ~20mins each time, at not terribly busy times. But with the Landry's card we just walked up when we were ready for lunch, no ADR, and were seated in less than 5mins.

Really, I should have signed up for a Landry's card in 2016. We were trying to eat at the Bubba Gump at Santa Monica pier and the line was crazy! I bet it took over 15min just to get to the hostess stand, hour wait... meanwhile there were Landrys members even able to skip the checkin line at that restaurant and be seated immediately lol.

I did this at Y&Y, Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex on our last trip. Yak & Yeti they had literally just opened the doors so we just had to wait for them to get settled then we were seated (no reservations). Rainforest Cafe, it took about 15 minutes. They were very busy, and I honestly couldn't understand their system. You checked in with someone out front, who then gave you a piece of paper to wait in another line by the hostess. She told me I didn't need to wait in line. BTW if you eat in the "Ice Age" room there, it is FREEZING cold. I couldn't eat my food fast enough to get out of there! :sad2:

It works great and you get points for spending money at the restaurants! I earned another $25 while we were there! I kind of saw the initial $25 as putting money toward my food budget. Just like buying a gift card.

Semi-:offtopic:

I got the Landry's card because it totally made me jealous when the person at the check-in would say "Now seating Landry Select Member *Insert Name*" and the party walked up after me and my ADR. I waited about 20/30 minutes in December. For my next trip I have an ADR and a Landry's card. Should I keep the ADR and present the Landry's card? Or cancel the ADR and just go with the Landry's card? Its going to be spring break time so I didn't know if having the Landry's card in addition to the ADR would help me get in the fastest.

I got the Landry's card because it totally made me jealous when the person at the check-in would say "Now seating Landry Select Member *Insert Name*" and the party walked up after me and my ADR. I waited about 20/30 minutes in December. For my next trip I have an ADR and a Landry's card. Should I keep the ADR and present the Landry's card? Or cancel the ADR and just go with the Landry's card? Its going to be spring break time so I didn't know if having the Landry's card in addition to the ADR would help me get in the fastest.
I'm curious about this as well. I did just sign up today. We have an ADR in early September.

You don't need the ADR at all. The Landry's club members get seated before people with ADR's so I would just go with my card. That's what we have always done and never waited more than 5 minutes at any of the Landry restaurants.

How long does the 750 SB bonus usually take to credit after a purchase at Best Buy? I can't remember how long it's been in the past.

I'd keep the ADR. What if that location quits participating in the Landry's program or something changes? You wouldn't stop kicking yourself the whole trip!

My $20 Dosh credit just went from pending to available from the Sam's club membership purchase I made on 3/7! That was a great deal ( buy membership at $45, get a $45 credit and $20 Dosh)!
can that $45 credit be used on a disney gift card?

Don't know if anybody noticed but Dosh added Kroger with 5% cash back. Hoping since it is new that it last for a while. Chase freedom is 5% on grocery stores staring April 1. So potential to save 10% on gift cards. Daily Dosh limit of 10 a day though so you could do up too 200 in gift cards a day. If dosh tracks with the gift cards there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!