Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP!

I embraced my Red card and bought 14 $100 cards to pay off cruise.

Problem #1 - I put ONE card on Disneygiftcards.com. Ok how do I get it off/use it????????

Problem #2 -I just used the rest to pay on DCL.COM. ONE card was denied on the DLC site when I put it in. Logged in to see the balance. It said ( like all the rest ...I checked)

add $100 5/23...debt $100. 5/23 ????

But DCL DIDN’T credit me. So where did it go????

:scared::sad::sad2:

On your disney gift card, I'm guessing you transferred it to a card or two, dont you have those main cards? If not move them to a card you do have.
I can't help you with your dvc but it sounds like it's worth calling them

On your disney gift card, I'm guessing you transferred it to a card or two, dont you have those main cards? If not move them to a card you do have.
I can't help you with your dvc but it sounds like it's worth calling them

On my first Question. I guess I didn’t understand how it worked. Is it just a way to combine cards? You still have to use the (1) physical card????

On my first Question. I guess I didn’t understand how it worked. Is it just a way to combine cards? You still have to use the (1) physical card????

Yes, that is how it works.

On a side note . . . the Disney gift card website saved my skin when I lost a gift card with a high balance. I was shopping at DS and the card was not with me when I returned to the room. Luckily I had a few gift cards with me that I was able to transfer that balance to. Now I always bring an extra physical gift card with me on vacation, with both cards registered on the website.

Let me restate the main problem and see if anyone has had this happen.
1 - I bought 14 DGCs at Target yesterday. ($1400)
2 - Last night I was using them to payoff on DCL.
3 - 1, 2, 3,... BUT then one was randomly rejected.
4 - Checked its balance and it said - $100 had been added and debited on 5/23.
5 - I checked the balance of a different card I knew I had used and it had the exact same wording.

It is like the DCL site removed the $100 but didn't credit me the money.

Who do I talk to???

5 - I checked the balance of a different card I knew I had used and it had the exact same wording.

Who do I talk to???
I haven't had this same issue happen, but I'll try to offer some suggestions.

- Did you check your receipt for the time that the funds would be available? In the past when I've purchased a large amount of money in DGCs, the receipt has said a certain amount of time you're supposed to wait before you can use the cards. I don't know if it's true or not, but maybe that is what caused the glitch?

- My next suggestion would be to contact DCL, explain what happened, and see if they have a record on their end of the payments that were made. Maybe they can see the card being charged on their side and credit you the money.

- If that doesn't work, I would suggest contacting DGC customer service. I'm hesitant with this one though, because the last time I called them they only told me the same information that shows up when you check the card balance. It might be worth a shot though.

I hope you are able to get it sorted out soon!

Yes, the gift card website is mainly used for combining cards. For example, if you have a trip coming up and want to put all of your funds on one card, you can add that card to your account and transfer all of the balances from the gift cards you have onto that one card. You do have to hold on to that card to use it, and you can put a maximum of $1,000 on one card. You can store up to 5 cards on your account, and you can delete and add cards as you wish, whether or not they have money on them. I find it helpful for egift cards because you can transfer those funds onto a physical card and bring it with you to the parks. It has also saved us (like @mum22girlz mentioned) when we lost a card in the parks. We were able to easily transfer the money onto another card and move on with our day.

Who do I talk to???

Call DL, someone in charge of reservations. They should be able to see what happened.

Next time, I should say
You can always go to: https://www.disneygiftcard.com/manage
Check the balance AND history of the gift card.
upload_2019-5-24_12-30-21.png
Typically must of us go to this site to combine our cards into one - $1000 Disney Gift Card, THEN use it to pay our bill. If you had done this you would have 2 - Disney gc's = $1000.00 and $400, am I to understand you tried to use $100 per transaction to pay off bill?

Sorry no, I've never had this issue. However, WDW did put a hold on my refund for months!

Last edited:
I have different cards attached to my kids bands as well, I transfer what I want them to have when we are at Disney.
I didn't know you could attach a gift card to a MB. I know you can limit how much each band can charge in a day as we do this with our kids bands, but I always thought the charges just accrued and if you wanted to pay them with a GC, you need to stop by the front desk and do so.

Anyone see any GC deals for the holiday weekend? I have been looking, but I'm west coast so nothing regional for me. Wondering about general sales online. I know everyone is watching!

Anyone see any GC deals for the holiday weekend? I have been looking, but I'm west coast so nothing regional for me. Wondering about general sales online. I know everyone is watching!

Hopefully someone will post a Memorial Weekend List, I would but I'm swamped! Please someone take the time! Thanks! :grouphug:

What stores do we have left that we can still purchase a Disney GC with a store GC? (I know many times it’s up to the cashier....but what are the options in general)

Check you Chase cards. There’s an offer for Google Express 10% up to $14 Cash back. And it has Disney GCs. Says not available on third party purchases. But I’m going to test it out and see what happens.

I have this offer on my Bank of America Travel Card. Not sure what they mean by no third-party purchases. Third-party purchases seems to be the point of Google Express. The Disney gift cards you can buy are from Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter