Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok.... I'm reading the DoC article on stacking the Sams offer for membership..... and wondering exactly how I'm supposed to do this.... if I go thru the amex link, how do I also go thru any of the other links for an extra $ back? And Dosh.... is this for real? I have to link a cc (that would be my amex) and they keep that? I have the save $5 on sams,plus $1 for adding a card.....thanks

Amex should just give you the credit when you join, you shouldn't need to follow their link. For the Target/box store online purchase offer I had activated it, forgotten about it and then went to target. They didn't have what I wanted so they used one of their little handheld devices to place an order for me. When I swiped my Amex card I instantly got an email that I earned a cash back offer.

Wait... So I can double dip in this case? AWESOME I mean the extra 5% isn't much... but all those "not much" items can add up :D
Yes scan everywhere. I scan my receipts on receipt hog, SB, ibotta, fetch, Checkout51 all while using dosh or ebates instore or retail me not offers.

I know nothing about Dosh (1st day on this thread), but I have never seen an Amex offer that requires use of Amex offer link. They literally just need to see the particular vendor and purchase (or multiple purchases depending on offer fine print) total to trigger the cash back. Chase is a lot more finicky in my experience.
Amex should just give you the credit when you join, you shouldn't need to follow their link. For the Target/box store online purchase offer I had activated it, forgotten about it and then went to target. They didn't have what I wanted so they used one of their little handheld devices to place an order for me. When I swiped my Amex card I instantly got an email that I earned a cash back offer.

In the case of the AMEX Sam's offer, you DO have to follow the Amex link. Per the offer page:

Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to purchase a new Membership online at SamsClub.com/JoinAMEX by 1/31/2020. Not valid in-Club, via mobile app or by phone. See terms for exclusions.

However, I saw a bunch of chatter on Slickdeals on how to stack the Amex offer with plenty of other deals. I haven't tried it yet myself since I wanted to see how other people got it to work, but here is the link on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/user/bob_bar...czl/sams_club_1year_membership_with_60_bonus/

So I have a few amex lowe's offers and lowes is also 5% on RMN. Whats the chances of RMN actually working since I have to scan the receipt?

In the case of the AMEX Sam's offer, you DO have to follow the Amex link. Per the offer page:

Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to purchase a new Membership online at SamsClub.com/JoinAMEX by 1/31/2020. Not valid in-Club, via mobile app or by phone. See terms for exclusions.

However, I saw a bunch of chatter on Slickdeals on how to stack the Amex offer with plenty of other deals. I haven't tried it yet myself since I wanted to see how other people got it to work, but here is the link on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/user/bob_bar...czl/sams_club_1year_membership_with_60_bonus/
Thank you for the correction - I did miss that. And also thank you for the Slickdeals link... It's nice that they pay you to join LOL

So I have a few amex lowe's offers and lowes is also 5% on RMN. Whats the chances of RMN actually working since I have to scan the receipt?
I would be hesitant to try it. Personally, I wouldn't want to risk getting blocked from RMN.

So the Freedom card by Chase is giving 5% cash back using Chase Pay starting Oct 1. I was trying to figure out a website where I could buy already discounted Disney gift cards and then get 5% cash back on top of that. BJ's doesn't seem to offer Chase Pay. I tried adding a card to Sam's Club, but check out didn't seem to have an option for Chase Pay either. I know the deal doesn't start til October, but i'm trying to plan ahead! ;)

That's odd, especially since they are discontinuing Chase Pay (presumably because actually uses it). I deleted the app from my phone when I got the email, but now I see it's not going away until January. I wonder why they are promoting a dying system.

thanks!

I need to rant about paypal for a min. Id been using paypal to pay on Raise to get my discover 5%. For the 2nd time, they have been charging the wrong method of payment or taking it out of my paypal balance :mad: I just called 2 weeks ago about this same thing and all I got was an I'm sorry, it won't happen again. Today I got an "This is an isolated incident" response. Im irrationally angry with their lack of caring or response or willingness to fix the dang issue.

I need to rant about paypal for a min. Id been using paypal to pay on Raise to get my discover 5%. For the 2nd time, they have been charging the wrong method of payment or taking it out of my paypal balance :mad: I just called 2 weeks ago about this same thing and all I got was an I'm sorry, it won't happen again. Today I got an "This is an isolated incident" response. Im irrationally angry with their lack of caring or response or willingness to fix the dang issue.
Do you have it as your preferred way to pay, or are you changing it to the credit card each time? PP used to do that ALL the time. IIRC at one point you were required to use a balance if there was one. I changed my preferred payment to my credit card and have not had that problem in over a year.

Do you have it as your preferred way to pay, or are you changing it to the credit card each time? PP used to do that ALL the time. IIRC at one point you were required to use a balance if there was one. I changed my preferred payment to my credit card and have not had that problem in over a year.
I have my discover marked as the preferred way to pay. And they've used it for several transactions while I had a PP balance. Just this one they decided for "security reasons" they would take from my balance instead of charging the card.

That is what I get for just scanning and not checking full offer terms🤣 I was interested enough to check the details for Chase offer; it says directly with merchant. Amex offer is a much better deal, though.

So the Freedom card by Chase is giving 5% cash back using Chase Pay starting Oct 1. I was trying to figure out a website where I could buy already discounted Disney gift cards and then get 5% cash back on top of that. BJ's doesn't seem to offer Chase Pay. I tried adding a card to Sam's Club, but check out didn't seem to have an option for Chase Pay either. I know the deal doesn't start til October, but i'm trying to plan ahead! ;)

Chase is also doing 5% back for PayPal purchases. BJ's accepts PayPal for online orders.

I've had this happen twice before. I think the only way to totally prevent it is to not keep a balance and remove the cards that you don't want charged since the preferred payment method option doesn't always work correctly.

Let us know if AMEX lets it go through and gives you the credit. Gift cards were one of the exclusions. If it works I'll send DH to grab one. He got the offer, I didn't.
The exclusions for the Lowe's Amex offer are "
Excludes purchases shipped outside of the US, e-gift card purchases, corporate gift card purchases, bulk gift card purchases, ATGstores.com, Lowe’s Zone, Custom Blinds and Shades, Porch, Resolve, and The Mine."

So only e-gift cards are excluded (since they are probably not sold by Lowe's itself, but by an outside company like giftcardmall), any gift cards purchased in store are not excluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!