Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Freedom card by Chase is giving 5% cash back using Chase Pay starting Oct 1. I was trying to figure out a website where I could buy already discounted Disney gift cards and then get 5% cash back on top of that. BJ's doesn't seem to offer Chase Pay. I tried adding a card to Sam's Club, but check out didn't seem to have an option for Chase Pay either. I know the deal doesn't start til October, but i'm trying to plan ahead! ;)

For future planning, you might want to sign up for the Chase ink cash credit card which earns 5% back at Office Supply stores. You can then buy Visa and Matercard gift cards at Staples and Office Depot which they usually have fee free every few weeks. You can then use the Visa and MasterCard gift cards anywhere to buy discounted gift cards.

While the Chase ink card is a business card, pretty much anyone can call themselves a business (have you ever sold something on ebay) and get the card.

So the Freedom card by Chase is giving 5% cash back using Chase Pay starting Oct 1. I was trying to figure out a website where I could buy already discounted Disney gift cards and then get 5% cash back on top of that. BJ's doesn't seem to offer Chase Pay. I tried adding a card to Sam's Club, but check out didn't seem to have an option for Chase Pay either. I know the deal doesn't start til October, but i'm trying to plan ahead! ;)
Walmart dot com has Chase Pay and Sam's accepts WM GCs. Another option is buying discounted WM GCs on the Raise app, paying with paypal, and then using the GCs at Sam's.

That's odd, especially since they are discontinuing Chase Pay (presumably because actually uses it). I deleted the app from my phone when I got the email, but now I see it's not going away until January. I wonder why they are promoting a dying system.

Only the app is going away. Chase Pay will live on

Went to our first (most likely last) Not-so-scary halloween party on the 20th. It was very crowded for a ticketed event in my opinion. We spent too much time in lines either waiting for characters or rides (and my kids wanted rides more than anything). Wound up at the flag pole for the 11:00 parade. Had a good spot. The headless horseman came through, and then the party patrol. Party patrol took some kids around and did some dancing. Then we waited, and waited. And then the cast members took down the rope and people were walking down main street to the gates. This was about 11:40 pm. So either I feel asleep and missed the parade, or they cut it short for some reason. It was odd to say the least. We decided to get out to the bus lines, so we wouldn't be waiting for a bus until 1:00 am.

It was disappointing to say the least.
I have it in Nashville
Wow! So crazy you would have it there and nothing here in jackson!

I know this is discussed here quite often, but I confess that I haven't paid close attention because I didn't think it would be relevant to me. I was given a $125 Visa prepaid debit card.

What's my easiest way to convert it to a Disney GC?

For future planning, you might want to sign up for the Chase ink cash credit card which earns 5% back at Office Supply stores. You can then buy Visa and Matercard gift cards at Staples and Office Depot which they usually have fee free every few weeks. You can then use the Visa and MasterCard gift cards anywhere to buy discounted gift cards.

While the Chase ink card is a business card, pretty much anyone can call themselves a business (have you ever sold something on ebay) and get the card.
Do you get the 5% cash back even on gift cards? It seems that most "deals" have a way to filter those out.

The exclusions for the Lowe's Amex offer are "
Excludes purchases shipped outside of the US, e-gift card purchases, corporate gift card purchases, bulk gift card purchases, ATGstores.com, Lowe’s Zone, Custom Blinds and Shades, Porch, Resolve, and The Mine."

So only e-gift cards are excluded (since they are probably not sold by Lowe's itself, but by an outside company like giftcardmall), any gift cards purchased in store are not excluded.
I'm almost certain that in-store gift card purchases are "Corporate gift card purchases" which would be excluded (i.e. Disney, Applebees, Outback Steakhouse...are "corporations"). I could be mistaken, but I'm thinking not.

I'm almost certain that in-store gift card purchases are "Corporate gift card purchases" which would be excluded (i.e. Disney, Applebees, Outback Steakhouse...are "corporations"). I could be mistaken, but I'm thinking not.
Actually, corporate gift card purchases are bulk gift cards purchased at a discount by a company and often used as incentives for their employees or customers. Buying gift cards for Disney, Outback, etc. off the display in store is something different. I’ve never had a problem with a Amex offer crediting when purchasing gift cards with the corporate gift card exclusion.

You are mistaken. Corporate gift card purchases are corporations that come in and buy gift cards in bulk.

i currently need to buy 2 gift cards for purpose other than Disney lol. I will be buying a restaurant gc and one other. does BB still pay out with thei QR code? What about their own rewards back? I received a 10% back if i use their CC. I have not gone to best buy in months and i know its for a reason but i can't recall why.

Any other ways to get a discount or cash back on physical gift cards I can buy in store. Thanks

Are you referring to the Swagbucks QR code? If so, the last couple times I tried it months ago, it was dead. I haven't tried it since the switch so I'm not sure if it every switched back... If you decide to try it out, let me know if it ever ends up crediting for GC purchases :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!