Disney Gift Cards

Darklighter

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot...

We live in BC, Canada and are coming to Disneyland in October. We are able to buy Disney gift cards up here at some local stores. The cards say they are good for use in Disneyland, but nothing about the value in $US vs $CAN. So my question is, if we purchase a $50 gift card up here in $CAN, is it worth $50 US in the parks? That would seem like a huge loophole - does anyone know how this would work?

Thank-you,
Darklighter

I doubt it. If you spend $50 for a gift card with Canadian money, it’s probably about $37 in USD

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot...

We live in BC, Canada and are coming to Disneyland in October. We are able to buy Disney gift cards up here at some local stores. The cards say they are good for use in Disneyland, but nothing about the value in $US vs $CAN. So my question is, if we purchase a $50 gift card up here in $CAN, is it worth $50 US in the parks? That would seem like a huge loophole - does anyone know how this would work?

Thank-you,
Darklighter
I'm also from B.C. and have used Canadian gift cards lots. That $50 CAN will convert to US when you use it in DL. I believe it gives you the exchange rate of the previous day. I consolidate my cards on the disneygiftcard.com site so I'm not packing around a bunch of cards. It works great!

Thank-you for replies - looks like I have my answer first-hand. Kinda figured it would be something like that.

I would definitely use disneygiftcard.com youll know your exact amount when you add the cards there. not only that but if your buying multiple cards you can transfer your balance onto 1 card if you wanted.

I haven't done this with Disney gift cards, but I have moved between countries with gift cards from Old Navy and other vendors that operate in both Canada and the U.S. Like previous posters, I've found that the stores give you the exact exchange rate--so better than what you would get at a bank or other currency-exchange place, where they take a pinch for themselves. GL! And visit the Canadian board for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter