Disney Happy Thoughts Only!

TikiTikiFan

DIS Veteran
I think it’d be fun to have a space to talk about our excitement of Disney opening, what we want to do first when we get back, what treat is your first go to, what you think of WDWs modified interactions, etc. that’s purely focused on the happy.

I’m so oversaturated with the stress of COVID it’d be nice to have a space to talk out our excitement without that reminder. Not that we should ignore it (definitely not!) but I just thought it’d be fun to have a space for happy thoughts to exist in their own bubble.

My friend’s a therapist and she recommended to me that setting aside a specific time of day for reading news/engaging with the pandemic stress to keep informed is a way to keep balance as long as you try to avoid it spilling into all your other daily narratives. Which I think is a good idea!

So with that in mind... anyone want to join a happy Disney narrative with me?

I’ll go first: I really like the character interactions they’re doing with the WDW opening. It’s clever and so much fun. I’d be interested to see what creative ways they could do things with our Pixar characters at DCA? Maybe use old parade floats? I’m curious how they’ll do that over there.

I know it sounds cliche but the first thing we’re going to do when we get there is ride Peter Pan. That ride is so full of childhood nostalgia for me and was my son’s first ever ride that I tear up just thinking about it. Then we’re booking it straight to Pirates and Haunted Mansion.

I think our first day restaurant might have to be Carnation Cafe- outdoor seating, of course. 😉 But that Main Street Vibe is essential.

Thank you for this! Hmm let's see.

Characters- I also love what they are doing with the characters at WDW. I hope they do something similar for DL. They could use the Main Street vehicles for characters to ride and wave in. This could also be the perfect time to bring back some rare characters, like Marie or Snow White and all her Dwarves.

Rides: I'm torn on my first ride. I would say Indy since it's my favorite, and I miss the tune of the music. My first ride at DCA would be Soarin'.

Food: I need a Churro and a Raspberry Dole Whip !

Oh Soarin would be my first choice at DCA too! The soundtrack for that makes me weepy these days!

Oh churros! Churro for breakfast, dole whip for second breakfast, carnation cafe for lunch, corn dog for second lunch, cafe orleans for dinner, churros and dole whips again, and again... Day One might just be me eating lol

We are going to go to Disneyland sometime next year, if all restrictions are off! We have never been to Disneyland and can't wait to experience it after hearing so many good things about it. We are looking forward to all the parks/attractions in California, esp the redwood forests. Thank you for this break from you know what:)

If anyone follows livingbyDisney on Instagram she has some fun videos from WDW. Jack Sparrow interacting by the pirates ride from a distance. I like her- she’s realistic but also positive.

They could put some of those New Orleans Square balconies to use!

If anyone follows livingbyDisney on Instagram she has some fun videos from WDW. Jack Sparrow interacting by the pirates ride from a distance. I like her- she’s realistic but also positive.

They could put some of those New Orleans Square balconies to use!
Yes I love her posts!

I watched a video from the Cast Member Preview opening of WDW this morning, and it was so uplifting to see one of the parks running again.

A trip truly feels like it’s started once I’ve ridden POTC so that will be the first thing I do for sure (well, after I’ve gotten my Boarding Group for Rise of the Resistance that is 👍🏼).

When we go next year I'm going to indulge DH in his wish to grab a cup of coffee, head over to Tom Sawyer's island and read a book for a bit. I feel so awful since he wanted to do this last time and I cringed at the thought of a) lugging his paperback book in my bag (he loves "real" books, I'm not fussy and can read from my Kindle app on my phone for a short period of time), and b) "wasting" my precious Disney time reading. Don't get me wrong, I love reading, but whenever we are at Disney I just want to go go go!

Not even sure how many benches are over there -- I haven't been in ages. We are going to make it happen somehow though! 😍

Eating a cinnamon roll from Gaston’s in Liberty Square while watching the muppets greatest moments in American History in WDW.

Haven’t been to DL since 2014, but definitely cars land just watching the excitement of the little ones seeing Lightening McQueen and Mator

For some ideas on how DLR can have characters on display with social distancing:

Here is a video from last year's CHOC Walk in the Park. The actual Walk starts around the 25 minute mark. Watch how Disney puts LOTS of characters on display throughout DL and DCA without any M&Gs happening (except for the horses!) -- photos only, no autographs -- the Walk is very strict about keeping people moving. Not all the ideas will work on a regular park day, but the they are interesting and pretty creative.

When we go next year I'm going to indulge DH in his wish to grab a cup of coffee, head over to Tom Sawyer's island and read a book for a bit. I feel so awful since he wanted to do this last time and I cringed at the thought of a) lugging his paperback book in my bag (he loves "real" books, I'm not fussy and can read from my Kindle app on my phone for a short period of time), and b) "wasting" my precious Disney time reading. Don't get me wrong, I love reading, but whenever we are at Disney I just want to go go go!

Not even sure how many benches are over there -- I haven't been in ages. We are going to make it happen somehow though! 😍

I think I need to make more time to just sit and enjoy the atmosphere. I have the go go go mindset but we’ve been so many times now I think I need to just ~chill~ and spend an hour just sitting and taking it in without running to the next item on the list. Great idea!

For some ideas on how DLR can have characters on display with social distancing:

Here is a video from last year's CHOC Walk in the Park. The actual Walk starts around the 25 minute mark. Watch how Disney puts LOTS of characters on display throughout DL and DCA without any M&Gs happening (except for the horses!) -- photos only, no autographs -- the Walk is very strict about keeping people moving. Not all the ideas will work on a regular park day, but the they are interesting and pretty creative.

This made me think of something- I wonder how the cars in Cars Land will be handled? Could those meet and greets still happen since their handlers often stand far back? Hmmm. 🧐

This made me think of something- I wonder how the cars in Cars Land will be handled? Could those meet and greets still happen since their handlers often stand far back? Hmmm. 🧐
It might work if they can prevent guests, especially kids, from touching the cars -- so maybe having guests pose a few feet in front of the cars, but the photos would make it look like the people were standing closer?

Now that I have entered into my very senior years, there are many things at DLR that I can no longer safely indulge in. So now I enjoy the simple things -- a cup of coffee with my husband, watching the mama duck and her babies, smelling the roses, etc. Of course I can still eat, so I enjoy all the yummies. The next time I get back to DLR, I will probably make a late breakfast reservation at Carnation Cafe for the first day and just sit and enjoy watching people having fun.

My plan is to head to Guardians at DCA - I love that ride so much! Then also do silly symphony swings - I don't know what it is but I really love that ride too. Then I will eat whatever bread pudding is at Pacific Wharf and have soup on the side of my bread bowl with lots of butter. I really hope they bring back that maple bacon bread pudding - it was soooo good. Although I've really loved all of the flavors they'd had recently.

At Disneyland my plan is to head straight to pirates then Haunted Mansion. I will ride those on repeat as long as I can then get some beignets. I plan to follow up with subsequent carb loading on whatever seasonal hand pie Jolly Holiday has then eat fried chicken at the Plaza. I'm sure my stomach will be very angry at me by this point - so no better time than to ride Space then Big thunder. By that time I will likely need more carbs so it will be off to find a churro at the stand by HM on my way to Pooh's corner for some treats there. For sure I will be stocking up on churro toffee, but other tasty delights might be thrown in the mix as well.

From there I plan to walk around and take in the atmosphere and watch the lights twinkle as dusk settles. May had for a trip to Batuu then cross back over to DCA to crab an ice cream from Cozy cone and head to Radiator springs. Over to Incredicoaster and then end my day back on Guardians.

I will stay till the bitter end and be lugging the 9000 treats, spirit Jersey's, Baby groots, and Baby yoda's I have purchased and think:

Today was a good day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!