Disney Happy Thoughts Only!

@TikiTikiFan, I LOVE this thread! THANK YOU!!!!!

I’m also weirdly very excited about planning my “opening day” outfit. I feel like I need to choose the right look, you know what I mean??
I totally do this! LOL

We ALWAYS head to Space Mountain first. We try to ride 3-4 times at rope drop! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!

I also want to buy all the things and eat all the food! But I know my eyes will be bigger than my stomach! LOL

I’m also weirdly very excited about planning my “opening day” outfit. I feel like I need to choose the right look, you know what I mean??

Oh yes! I bought this shirt:

07110D85-76D1-4E4C-AB86-E67C0B70809C.jpeg

Got it from Shop Disney and it’s super cute. It sparkles! Gonna wear one of the Disney Minnie masks that matches. (I’m optimistic mine will fit- I ordered a large.. fingers crossed!) And of course my sequin silver Minnie ears. I guess I’m going for the sparkle. 😂

Oh yes! I bought this shirt:

View attachment 508391

Got it from Shop Disney and it’s super cute. It sparkles! Gonna wear one of the Disney Minnie masks that matches. (I’m optimistic mine will fit- I ordered a large.. fingers crossed!) And of course my sequin silver Minnie ears. I guess I’m going for the sparkle. 😂
Omg is that a recent thing??? Must go to shop Disney immediately! LOVE that shirt!!

I found it fit true to size- normally their clothes always run big on me (at least other tanks or fashion tops I’ve ordered. I ordered my normal size and it fit perfect- for once haha! It’s patiently hanging in my closet just waiiiiting for our trip.

Awesome thanks!! It may or may not be in my cart now... :)

As much as I’m looking forward to the parks, I’m really excited for the hotel! I’m sick of my house. Been working from home since March and will be the rest of the year so I am like get me outta here!

Staying onsite for the first time at the Grand and this is like a bucket list item for me. I’m normally super cheap when it comes to hotels but the situation right now made me do the big upgrade. And now I’m so excited- I keep watching youtube videos of the rooms, pool, etc.

As much as I’m looking forward to the parks, I’m really excited for the hotel! I’m sick of my house. Been working from home since March and will be the rest of the year so I am like get me outta here!

Staying onsite for the first time at the Grand and this is like a bucket list item for me. I’m normally super cheap when it comes to hotels but the situation right now made me do the big upgrade. And now I’m so excited- I keep watching youtube videos of the rooms, pool, etc.
We will be at the grand too. Got the upgrade since DLH was not opening. Haven’t stayed there since 2004. Super excited!!

That shirt is adorable! I always plan out my outfits. Lol. Are the Minnie headbands tight on your head? I get headaches and have always been scared to try them because of that.

That shirt is adorable! I always plan out my outfits. Lol. Are the Minnie headbands tight on your head? I get headaches and have always been scared to try them because of that.

Ohhh yes. I have issues with migraines so actually I buy mine on Etsy. I try to find ears with thin headbands and find that makes all the difference. My favorite shop is CaliandMeBoutique. Cheap and good quality. I have a few pairs from her and I can wear them all day with no issues- usually forget I have them on. They fly off easier tho so gotta put them away for fast rides haha.

Ohhh yes. I have issues with migraines so actually I buy mine on Etsy. I try to find ears with thin headbands and find that makes all the difference. My favorite shop is CaliandMeBoutique. Cheap and good quality. I have a few pairs from her and I can wear them all day with no issues- usually forget I have them on. They fly off easier tho so gotta put them away for fast rides haha.
Thanks! I’ll check it out!

I just saw on the hojo cam that the Pixar pal around is lit up!! This makes me SO happy!! (It wasn’t on last night when we looked.)

TikiTikiFan, thank you sooooo much for this thread - I really needed it!!!! And everyone posting plans is making me smile and feel truly happy.

I've been rebooking a trip for my great-nephew since spring break, so the focus will cater to him. And my sister will be joining us without a park pass just for a break from home, so sharing drive time and hanging at the hotel and DTD - we're staying at GCH. My sister has the best sense of humor when we are on road trips, and she cracks me up wearing tie dye shorts & tank tops...even if it's raining (I have the greatest picture of her pumping gas the last time we drove down). I bought a couple of Harry Potter audio books for the car trip too (been listening to them multiple times in the last 3 months when I run errands).

#1 - Main Street: The music and atmosphere is my happiest place (it gave me such joy being on hold listing to the music and hearing the Disney-man announcements when I last rebooked our hotel).

#2 - Spending lots of time in Galaxy's Edge for my Star Wars fan nephew.

Dining: If it's open we will try something at Oga's Cantina. Patio dining at Carnation Cafe (with fried pickles and a cherry milkshake) and Jolly Holiday (grilled cheese with tomato soup and one of those raspberry Mickey desserts). If they have them, we will get a fancy donut at the stand near the entrance to Frontierland. Lunch at Cafe Orleans....I'll take some Monte Cristo & Pommes Frites back for my sister!! Vanilla ice cream bars dipped in dark chocolate with Mickey sprinkles at Clarabelle's in DCA. I'll need to bring frozen bananas back from the park for my sister (she buys 2 at a time in Disneyland).

Rides: Rise of the Resistance & Millennium Falcon, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Disneyland Railroad - I love taking the full loop around the park. In DCA I love Guardians, but don't know if my nephew will be okay with it. Soarin' (would make my day if it was over California), Incredicoaster, Grizzly Rapids and Silly Symphony Swings.

Pictures: I'll take as many pictures as my phone will hold, of everything, but especially flowers & planters!!!

DTD: Shopping! Marceline's Confectionery, Earl of Sandwich, and we'll try Salt & Straw.

GCH: Lobby and pool time!

Cannot wait :flower:

Every time I get onto Soarin', I want to stretch my arms out to "fly" as we go over the clouds. With the current social distancing, I'll finally get to "fly" over the clouds like *I'm* the airplane! Totally silly!

I'm excited to have bengiets and pomme frites fence-side at Cafe Orleans, watching New Orleans Square stream past.

Getting to wear my Minnie ears. How many "ear changes" are too much? Ha! I'll probably take them all!

I'm usually there for day trips lately. I'm excited to spend two whole days, rope drop to after-hours shopping. The final train ride of the night, closing each station.

We are SO excited for Rise of the Resistance. We’re big time Star Wars fans- been twice since SWGE opened but haven’t been since Rise opened yet!

I want to devote an afternoon to just hanging out on Batuu. Disneybounding and high levels of imagination with my son. ✨

We are SO excited for Rise of the Resistance. We’re big time Star Wars fans- been twice since SWGE opened but haven’t been since Rise opened yet!

I want to devote an afternoon to just hanging out on Batuu. Disneybounding and high levels of imagination with my son. ✨
We haven’t been able to ride ROTR yet either. That’s our goal too. We haven’t watched any videos on it so we are surprised.

Every time I get onto Soarin', I want to stretch my arms out to "fly" as we go over the clouds. With the current social distancing, I'll finally get to "fly" over the clouds like *I'm* the airplane! Totally silly!

I'm excited to have bengiets and pomme frites fence-side at Cafe Orleans, watching New Orleans Square stream past.

Getting to wear my Minnie ears. How many "ear changes" are too much? Ha! I'll probably take them all!

I'm usually there for day trips lately. I'm excited to spend two whole days, rope drop to after-hours shopping. The final train ride of the night, closing each station.

Soarin provokes an emotional reaction from me every time I ride it, especially when they are running Soarin over California. When we took my parents in January, and my dad rode it for the first time, I made sure we were in the middle theater in the top row. It was magical. I love riding it with people who have never ridden before.... his reaction made my trip!

I am excited because our littlest one is FINALLY 40 inches tall! It’s literally a whole new world for our family, and she is brave so it’s on! She cannot wait to ride ROTR. I think BTMRR may be our first stop at DL, and definitely Soarin and Cars at DCA. We have the little fast pass they give kids who are too short to ride Cars. It’s been burning a hole in my wallet since last summer!

I will be the blond crying all day out of happiness at everything 🤣🤣🤪🤪

I’ve never ridden Symphony Swings because I’m afraid of heights but my son loves it. Maybe I need to just grit my teeth and do it. Goofy scared the heck outta me the first time (well and everytime after lol) but now I’m okay with the heights on it. Kinda. Maybe. Our last trip we happened to be over by it during WOC and no one was in line- they just let us stay on and ride like six times. I could barely walk afterwards (sooo queasy!) but my son thought he was like the biggest VIP ever!

I don’t even have a trip planned, but I’ve got a shirt in mind. Lol I saw pictures of magic kingdom when it opened, and they have a shirt with the castle inside a heart and it says together again. I want it! I’ll just keep stalking shop disney until it shows up I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter