Disney Has the Best Chicken Nuggets Ever! - Update Dump - Finally Completed!

It wouldn't be any fun without you! I'll see you again in what? 5 months? :duck:

tumblr_m2l9gzyf8g1qcskq6.gif

Just for that lip, i'm sticking around :snooty:

Most of the time. 3:30 am when he is screaming is a different story though...

Preachin' to the choir, my friend.

But you're going in January. Not July. Lower crowds and more reasonable temperatures. You'll be fine. :rolleyes1

Man I hope so. You're right about the temps for sure. No one in this family does good with heat, so at least we got that on our side.

I can see this. I mean it is a good show. I love the projections and the fireworks and how it all ties together with the music. But it just didn't wow me in a way that it needed to. I've got that connection to Wishes and it just didn't appeal in that same way.

:hippie:

I know... I'm not judging, if that's your choice, fine. But it feels like we're busy enough just getting the kids bathed and in bed at night, re-packing the park bag with diapers, etc, getting everybody up and ready... I just don't want to add more work to the equation.

100%!

I enjoy the park, but honestly, exploring WS in the heat didn’t appeal too much to me.

Nope! When we went for F&W in October 2013, it was barely bearable, couldn't imagine July, ick.

The posted wait was 80 minutes.

I seriously can't believe you did it. :worship:

I briefly considered how expensive this ride was going to be.

Yep, never leave the women to themselves in Mouse Gears.

37516197410_71e1af3eb5_k.jpg

Haha nice!

After I got a drink for myself and DS, she got mad and decided she did want her own.

Andy. I don't feel bad for you. You KNOW that girls change their minds faster than the Reds losing during the 2012 playoffs against SF......:teeth:

(Ahh that felt good. Welcome back, Alicia. Welcome back.)

Next was the most important thing there is to do in Mexico. Visit La Cava del Tequila! I usually get the San Angel Inn Margarita. Nothing fancy, just the standard. And I love it, so why change, right?

That's my mom's fav as well!

Well this time, I did decide to change it up. I chose a Blood Orange Margarita. I thought it was OK, but wished I had stuck with my standard choice. DW ordered a Cucumber Margarita, took one drink and didn’t want any more. She didn’t like it and said she just wanted a frozen margarita from the stand outside, so BiL offered to take the Cucumber Margarita and buy her one from the stand. He actually liked it.

I think i've had several now, and while the cucumber can be refreshing, it can be overwhelming at times too, making it too much.

The problem with drinks from la Cava is that they just aren’t big enough

Ugh yes.

I’m sure people who saw margaritas in the kids’ cupholders thought we were awesome parents.

But the cupholders are for us, yes? Don't the kids have their own in the tray? No??? Oops, been using them wrong for 5 years now.

Quick question: Does anybody else say the Maelstrom spiel on the lift hill in a really crappy Norwegian accent?

“You are not the first to pass this way, nor shall you be the last.”

Just me?

Yes. Just you, yes.

However, I wouldn't mind hearing you say this in a crappy Norwegian accent! Vi-de-o! Vi-de-o! Vi-de-o!

Anyway, I thought the ride was very well done. I always enjoyed Maelstrom. I can’t say that I was terribly upset that it went away though. I think this is a very nice replacement and something much needed in EPCOT. The park really needs more to interest kids and while I get the traditional concerns about not wanting to see EPCOT overrun by characters, it just makes sense. I don’t want to see the countries lose their feel and identity, but if we can fit in an IP here and there to add to the experience, why not?

Glad to hear this. Our FP windown is coming up in a few weeks and wasn't really considering this but will now!

The reason for the cropping is… well, you remember when we stopped at the baby care center and LG didn’t want to nurse? Well, DW might have used a few of the dark rides to accomplish that task. She didn’t realize there is a camera on this ride now.

I wondered! I saw little baby feet poking out. Gotta love the dark rides for that very reason with babies.

It is physically impossible for us to walk past that shop without stopping.

Goodness yes. That place is ridiculous.

Yep… where’s Mom?

:rotfl2:

Our service for the meal was fantastic. We had drinks in no time and they took our orders. DW and I got a pepperoni pizza to share, but everyone else chose to order pasta dishes.

I almost forgot to mention this... a couple came in and were seated at a table next to us. They ordered a pizza and a couple of drinks. They each ate 1 slice of a large pizza and then left. We were joking about it being such a waste and when they came to bus the table, BiL asked if he could have the rest of their pizza.

Did he really eat the pizza?!? This seriously sounds like my brother. When I was a Senior in HS and my brother was a sophomore, he would ALWAYS, hit up my friends for the rest of their pizza or sandwiches during lunch because he didn't want to have to spend his money so he could save it. No one told me about it till years later when several different friends over time would say, "Yeah, your brother would ask me once every few weeks for my lunch, so i'd give him money instead." :eek: But I could seriously see him asking for leftover pizza at a restaurant like that too.

She threw an absolutely huge, ugly tantrum as we were leaving EPCOT.

Oh no, that sucks. I feel like i'll be experiencing this in January. Q throws the most dramatic tantrums i've ever seen. Hmm, i'll definitely be showing video of that, it's quite entertaining.

Gertie’s Ice Cream of Extinction

Peevy’s Polar Pipeline

Oh geez, are these new? :confused3 Never heard of them!

Eventually the fireworks, music and projections began.

And we were all impressed.

Really? Another one I was going to pass up. I'll have to take a look at our schedule again and see if we can make it to this.

All the kids were asleep by the time we boarded a bus. Sis2 again helped us with DD and I think everyone holding a kid was at least able to get a seat. This night soured me on the bus service as a whole. I understand having to wait on a bus. Maybe I come off as sounding privileged, but they call AKL a deluxe resort. If I’m paying a deluxe price, I feel like I should expect my bus service to be something better than that???? I don’t know, but when you’re waiting 45 minutes to leave a park, and all you see is the very same bus show up twice for your stop while the values are cranking a bus past you every 5 minutes… it just doesn’t sit very well.

....while 10 Pop buses blow on through right? :rolleyes1

It's always hit or miss at DHS with the Deluxe buses I feel, but I agree with you.

It would have thawed in less than 2 seconds on the asphalt of World Showcase that afternoon.

Eep!

I left that detail out, didn't I? It was about an hour.

Better... but still pretty long.

Thanks. We were having a great time on the ride!

::yes::

Seems like each age has it's own set of unique challenges. And really, those challenges come at different ages for each individual kid.

True.

::yes:: I tend to prefer sticking to the basics too. Some of the exotic flavors sound interesting, but when you're talking La Cava del Tequila prices... yeah, I don't want to be that adventurous.

Cha-ching!

Well, I'd certainly rather have a freshly mixed drink from la Cava than a frozen drink out of a machine... :rolleyes1

I always prefer frozen. But frozen and freshly made? Now we're talking.

I thought that was what they used to empty my wallet?

:laughing:

I just can't resist. Although when it was Maelstrom, I used to always speak along with the narration in a crappy Norwegian accent too, so this is really just a continuation.

:laughing: You should've narrated the entire ride, then.

We had the boat to ourselves. 11 people in your travel party can do that.

Ah, yes. I suppose so.

Thanks to smart phones!

And dumb people!

They just kind of awkwardly laughed when he said it. I don't think they could tell if he was serious or joking. They said they can't do that and threw it away.

I would've been very surprised if they gave it to him.

Just for that lip, i'm sticking around :snooty:
Well, now I've gone and done it... :duck:

Preachin' to the choir, my friend.
Spent last night driving around with him until 2:30. He's sick and wouldn't sleep. So we drove around. A lot. And I'm trying to stay awake at work on 4 hours of sleep.

Man I hope so. You're right about the temps for sure. No one in this family does good with heat, so at least we got that on our side.

Nope! When we went for F&W in October 2013, it was barely bearable, couldn't imagine July, ick.
Um... yeah.

I seriously can't believe you did it. :worship:
If there was something else we really wanted to do, we probably wouldn't have. But in this case, waiting in the AC didn't seem so bad.

Yep, never leave the women to themselves in Mouse Gears.
Thankfully they didn't buy anything.

Andy. I don't feel bad for you. You KNOW that girls change their minds faster than the Reds losing during the 2012 playoffs against SF......:teeth:

(Ahh that felt good. Welcome back, Alicia. Welcome back.)
:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2: At least they weren't eliminated by May 1 like this year.

That's my mom's fav as well!
Good choice!

I think i've had several now, and while the cucumber can be refreshing, it can be overwhelming at times too, making it too much.
::yes:: I think that's what it was. Just a bit too much.

They need to cut back on the ice. Although, I have to admit that despite the less than adequate volume, at least they don't skimp on the alcohol.

But the cupholders are for us, yes? Don't the kids have their own in the tray? No??? Oops, been using them wrong for 5 years now.
We have a City Mini double stroller. We have cupholders on the handle for us to use, but we have that tray that we attach in front of the kids that we can put snacks on and it has a cupholder for them to use. We put what was left of the margaritas in the kids' cupholders since it was going to rain. No need to water them down, right? That way we could put the rain cover over the stroller and keep them protected.

es. Just you, yes.

However, I wouldn't mind hearing you say this in a crappy Norwegian accent! Vi-de-o! Vi-de-o! Vi-de-o!
Nobody wants that. Trust me.

Glad to hear this. Our FP windown is coming up in a few weeks and wasn't really considering this but will now!
It's a tough call if you don't really want to do it.

I wondered! I saw little baby feet poking out. Gotta love the dark rides for that very reason with babies.
You do what you gotta do.

Goodness yes. That place is ridiculous.
We always get some caramel corn. Always. And usually something else from there to try as well.

You've been away from the Dis for too long. Apparently you haven't heard that Photobucket doesn't work anymore.

Did he really eat the pizza?!? This seriously sounds like my brother. When I was a Senior in HS and my brother was a sophomore, he would ALWAYS, hit up my friends for the rest of their pizza or sandwiches during lunch because he didn't want to have to spend his money so he could save it. No one told me about it till years later when several different friends over time would say, "Yeah, your brother would ask me once every few weeks for my lunch, so i'd give him money instead." :eek: But I could seriously see him asking for leftover pizza at a restaurant like that too.
No... I don't think they knew whether or not he was being serious. They kind of gave him and awkward laugh and told him they couldn't do that.

Oh no, that sucks. I feel like i'll be experiencing this in January. Q throws the most dramatic tantrums i've ever seen. Hmm, i'll definitely be showing video of that, it's quite entertaining.
Good luck!

Oh geez, are these new? :confused3 Never heard of them!
They've only been there ever since the park opened... no big deal.

Have you ever seen a big @$$ dinosaur along Echo Lake? I mean Gertie's Ice Cream of Extinction is really easy to miss. :rolleyes1

Peevy's is a little harder to spot so I'll give you that one. It is basically behind Keystone Clothiers facing Echo Lake.

Really? Another one I was going to pass up. I'll have to take a look at our schedule again and see if we can make it to this.
I know... so much going on in the evenings now that it is hard to fit it all in!

....while 10 Pop buses blow on through right? :rolleyes1

It's always hit or miss at DHS with the Deluxe buses I feel, but I agree with you.
Exactly!

Better... but still pretty long.
::yes:: Not something I'd ordinarily do, but we kind of wanted to try to knock it out so that we wouldn't have to come back to EPCOT if we didn't want to later and it helped that we could use Rider Swap so not everybody would have to wait.

I always prefer frozen. But frozen and freshly made? Now we're talking.
Frozen isn't bad. I'll take them either way. But freshly made is the key.

:laughing: You should've narrated the entire ride, then.
The first line, I have memorized. The rest is a little bit spotty. I could probably remember the "disappear, disappear" part while Elsa is belting Let it Go, but I'd rather just sit back and listen there.

Wait, what's up with PB?? Can we no longer use it? What is everyone using now? Help please!

Ouch. You're brave to wait it out. I guess it also kept you out of the heat.

This was the first time that DD was going to be able to ride TT. She was pretty excited about it and both of the kids wanted to sit in front.

37516214640_e39d0bc29c_k.jpg

Great ride photo. Everyone is having a blast.

Another great ride! Looks like it was worth the wait for everyone.

Which would have been fine if he’d been ok with being held.

Poor guy. He just wanted to move around.

We took the usual ride on It’s a Small Mexico. Our kids always love that ride and LG was no exception.

We can't pass this up too.

I’m sure people who saw margaritas in the kids’ cupholders thought we were awesome parents.

I'm getting a clear picture of this.

Anyway, I thought the ride was very well done. I always enjoyed Maelstrom. I can’t say that I was terribly upset that it went away though.

I agree with this. I need to ride it again just to make sure.

DD still was worried about getting splashed in the face when we went down a hill.

So cute!

Well, DW might have used a few of the dark rides to accomplish that task. She didn’t realize there is a camera on this ride now.

Perfect! I didn't realize there was a picture either. Now we all know.

It is physically impossible for us to walk past that shop without stopping.

This is me too. My favorite snack spot in Epcot.

Yep… where’s Mom?

I'm wondering, does she have a small attention span?

At least DS was being nice and helping with Niece…

37065141524_06d5c4f5ed_b.jpg

This so sweet.

Mom had heard about the pick a pearl in Japan, and decided that she wanted to do that with DD and Niece. That was one priority that we had to get done before leaving EPCOT, so we headed that way.

We love pick a pearl. Definitely a girls perfect activity. DD got a real nice size pear too.

This is where it all went south…

I'm sorry.

Let’s just say she’s almost as hard headed as I am and I made it clear I wasn’t taking it off and she needed to get her rear end in the stroller or walk.

I'm thinking you two are a lot alike and will butt heads for many years to come.

DD had calmed down on the boat ride and was actually smiling so we decided to go ahead and try to see the fireworks.

So happy she got it turned around.

Nope, closed too.

Bummer.

And we were all impressed.

So were we. Sounds like another win for you.

This was literally the worst bus experience I’ve ever had.

I had one like this in May.

Wait, what's up with PB?? Can we no longer use it? What is everyone using now? Help please!
They've changed their terms where you have to sign up for some ridiculously overpriced plan to host pictures that you're posting on a third party site. I've switched to flickr because as of now, it is still free.

Ouch. You're brave to wait it out. I guess it also kept you out of the heat.
::yes:: That was a big factor. We wanted AC, so why not?

Great ride photo. Everyone is having a blast.

Another great ride! Looks like it was worth the wait for everyone.

Poor guy. He just wanted to move around.
Yeah, it made things rough for him. I think it is a lot easier when they can either walk or when they're still immobile.

We can't pass this up too.
The kids love it!

I'm getting a clear picture of this.
Just put it on the parent of the year application.

I agree with this. I need to ride it again just to make sure.
::yes:: It's definitely a good ride. Probably not worth the huge standby wait, but I'll use FP for it.

Perfect! I didn't realize there was a picture either. Now we all know.
I knew it was there, but I'd just totally forgot about it.

This is me too. My favorite snack spot in Epcot.
Love the caramel corn there.

I'm wondering, does she have a small attention span?
Actually no...

This so sweet.

We love pick a pearl. Definitely a girls perfect activity. DD got a real nice size pear too.
She really liked doing it a lot. I'm sure that won't be the last time.

I'm sorry.
It happens...

I'm thinking you two are a lot alike and will butt heads for many years to come.
Sadly, you're probably right.

So happy she got it turned around.

So were we. Sounds like another win for you.
::yes:: I was glad we saw it. I like Star Wars and even at that, I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did.

I had one like this in May.
:headache:

I’d noticed that TT was back up and running so we decided we’d go for it.

Ouch.

DD’s car was pink and efficient and made to look pretty while DS built a truck with the biggest wheels possible and it crushed the capability rating.

So, your kids are walking stereotypes.

They had a great time and they were excited to get right back in line.

Can't blame them there! Looks like they're having a blast in the photos.

We had a minor meltdown with DD here. She got in line with me and didn’t want one. After I got a drink for myself and DS, she got mad and decided she did want her own.

Oh man, Drew does this all the time. Drives me nuts. I've gotten to the point where I do the opposite of whatever his first response is to a question, because I know he's going to change his answer.

Nothing fancy, just the standard. And I love it, so why change, right?

Well this time, I did decide to change it up. I chose a Blood Orange Margarita. I thought it was OK, but wished I had stuck with my standard choice.

That'll learn you. If it ain't broke...

The FP was definitely a must have for this one! The queue was massive and it was great to walk right past all those suckers and get right on a boat.

I'm sure it's a great thrill ride, absolutely worthy of a FP.

Quick question: Does anybody else say the Maelstrom spiel on the lift hill in a really crappy Norwegian accent?

“You are not the first to pass this way, nor shall you be the last.”

I try hard to avoid thinking about that ride.

Anyway, I thought the ride was very well done. I always enjoyed Maelstrom. I can’t say that I was terribly upset that it went away though.

I don't miss it. I defy anyone to tell me what the story was.

"So, uh...you get in a boat, and there's a storm, and then some trolls find you, and you go backwards, and uh...then you get to see a painting of a cruise ship and an oil rig."

The reason for the cropping is… well, you remember when we stopped at the baby care center and LG didn’t want to nurse? Well, DW might have used a few of the dark rides to accomplish that task. She didn’t realize there is a camera on this ride now.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I threw out the idea of leaving EPCOT to head for DHS to see the Star Wars fireworks show. BiL and Niece are Star Wars fans so they were all in and everybody agreed that it would be a good idea so that we wouldn’t have to rush to try and watch it after Fantasmic.

Wait, people thought you had a good idea?? I need to sit down. :faint:

Yep… where’s Mom?

I feel like "Where's Mom?" should have been the title of the TR.

Our service for the meal was fantastic. We had drinks in no time and they took our orders. DW and I got a pepperoni pizza to share, but everyone else chose to order pasta dishes.

I don’t know what is wrong with them.

:sad2:

hey ordered a pizza and a couple of drinks. They each ate 1 slice of a large pizza and then left. We were joking about it being such a waste and when they came to bus the table, BiL asked if he could have the rest of their pizza.

I'm with him! You can't let pizza like that go to waste. It's a crime against humanity.

We have a bar that mounts to our City Mini double stroller with trays. We use the trays in the parks for drinks and snacks for the kids on the go and we’d mounted fans to them to keep the kids cool. Well, DD decided she absolutely didn’t want that bar on the stroller. She wanted us to take it off… NOW!

Let’s just say she’s almost as hard headed as I am and I made it clear I wasn’t taking it off and she needed to get her rear end in the stroller or walk.

If only they hadn't confiscated your taser at the gate.

It was just an altogether ugly hour or so with her being an absolute brat.

I'm sorry. I've been there. Irrational temper tantrums are why I don't have much hair left.

I mean it is a 90 degree day in mid-July. There’s a fireworks show getting ready to start in about half an hour. Who in their right mind would want ice cream?

Since Gerties was closed, I considered Peevy’s Polar Pipeline for a frozen Coke.

Nope, closed too.

Disney not taking the opportunity to make money? What is this world coming to?

I don’t know if the rain had chased the crowd from the park earlier, but we had a prime spot for the show and we could have literally walked up 5 minutes before it started and been within a few feet of where we were standing.

And still the CMs came along and instructed everyone to move forward and make room. I think most everyone turned around, looked at the vacant street behind us and decided to just preserve our personal space despite the urges of the CMs.

As well you should have. C'mon, guys. Let's not go on autopilot here.

I’m sure that HEA will grow on us over the years, but at this point in time, I have to say we definitely preferred the Star Wars show to HEA. We loved it!

Cool! I'll look forward to seeing it!

We saw one bus driver come and get a load of passengers just after we arrived at the bus stop.

The next bus we saw pull up to the AKL stop was the very same one.

We were far enough back that I think it was bus number 4 that we were finally able to get on. By the time they finally dispatched more buses to the AKL stop, we’d been waiting over 45 minutes, and there wasn’t a sole around waiting at the other bus stops. We still couldn’t fit all of the AKL guests into the queue, but at least they had 3 buses waiting in line to pull up to the bus stop.

People were really getting ugly in the line. There was a CM with an iPad that caught an earful from some guests. I guess that didn’t do anything.

Wow, that is pretty bad. Terrible that the bus service wasn't adjusted, but also terrible that people are taking out their anger on what is most likely the wrong people.

I briefly considered how expensive this ride was going to be.
Ha! Sounds like in general Rider Swap can be an pricey endeavor!

Visit La Cava del Tequila!
I have yet to actually make it in there. It is on my must do on our next trip!

The cupholders are for adults not kids...

Well, DW might have used a few of the dark rides to accomplish that task. She didn’t realize there is a camera on this ride now.
Were there people behind you? That must have been an awesome photo pass photo for them!

We exited the ride to find a very crowded gift shop. That place was packed. The rain was absolutely pouring down and nobody wanted to leave.
That is the worst. We sometimes would rather be in the rain in those super crowded gift shops. It must also be a nightmare for the CM's.

After eating our fill of delicious pizza and making approximately 50 trips to the restroom with 1 kid at a time, we were ready to move on. At least DS was being nice and helping with Niece…

37065141524_06d5c4f5ed_b.jpg
So sweet!

Everyone was in better spirits now! We’d enjoyed the show and DD’s theatrics were long forgotten.
Disney is good for that. Sucks that it happened, but anyone with kids has had it happen to them! Disney is tones of fun but also SUPER exhausting...

People were really getting ugly in the line. There was a CM with an iPad that caught an earful from some guests. I guess that didn’t do anything.
I always feel bad for that person. They can ask a million times for a bus but ultimately they don't control anything. Sounds like they underestimated the amount of people going back to that resort.

Mom easily made it out in time to get on the same bus with us. We joked that we should have all just stayed in the park for an hour or so instead of trying to get back to the room.
I think for once, your mom had the right idea! We did this after Fantastic the last time we were there. We took our time and the lines were at least a bit better.

::yes:: Not something I'd ordinarily do, but we kind of wanted to try to knock it out so that we wouldn't have to come back to EPCOT if we didn't want to later and it helped that we could use Rider Swap so not everybody would have to wait.

Makes sense.

Frozen isn't bad. I'll take them either way. But freshly made is the key.

Well, now I've gone and done it... :duck:

Not out of the ordinary for you.

Spent last night driving around with him until 2:30. He's sick and wouldn't sleep. So we drove around. A lot. And I'm trying to stay awake at work on 4 hours of sleep.

Dude, I feel your pain. We've had to do that with Cal a few times and it sucked. Luckily, *knock on wood* Q hasn't had one of those inconsolable nights...yet. Do you wake up the other kids too and take them along?

They need to cut back on the ice. Although, I have to admit that despite the less than adequate volume, at least they don't skimp on the alcohol.

I wonder if they'd ever skip the ice if you asked? At MCD's, I always order my teas without ice...:scratchin

We have a City Mini double stroller. We have cupholders on the handle for us to use, but we have that tray that we attach in front of the kids that we can put snacks on and it has a cupholder for them to use. We put what was left of the margaritas in the kids' cupholders since it was going to rain. No need to water them down, right? That way we could put the rain cover over the stroller and keep them protected.

Oooh gotcha, I thought you meant the top :thumbsup2

We always get some caramel corn. Always. And usually something else from there to try as well.

I can't remember if we've ever gotten the popcorn before. It's always the cookies or candy.

They've only been there ever since the park opened... no big deal.

Crap:blush:

Have you ever seen a big @$$ dinosaur along Echo Lake? I mean Gertie's Ice Cream of Extinction is really easy to miss. :rolleyes1

YES I HAVE! D'oh!

Peevy's is a little harder to spot so I'll give you that one. It is basically behind Keystone Clothiers facing Echo Lake.

And in my defense, we never order ice cream in January:confused3

They've changed their terms where you have to sign up for some ridiculously overpriced plan to host pictures that you're posting on a third party site. I've switched to flickr because as of now, it is still free.

Wow, $400 for an account?! Thanks for the recommendation of flickr, I'll be checking that out.

Oh man, that DD tantrum sounds AW. FUL. It really makes me cringe because I can totally see my DD being exactly like that on a trip someday. She is already very hardheaded and vocal when she doesn't want something a certain way.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the Star Wars show so much! I just couldn't get into it for some reason.

Oh no! What a crappy way to end the night with that bus situation! I think if they tout their bus transportation as a perk of staying onsite, they should never have the ridiculous lines that some of the resorts tend to get at the end of the night. It's not rocket science to dispatch tons of buses to all resorts at park closing!

Any parent who spotted those drinks would understand the need for alcohol...

Yep… where’s Mom?

Hah! Kind of looking forward to seeing where this pops up in each update.:rotfl2:

At least DS was being nice and helping with Niece…

What an adorable photo!:goodvibes

They each ate 1 slice of a large pizza and then left. We were joking about it being such a waste and when they came to bus the table, BiL asked if he could have the rest of their pizza.

That's just shameful. My gosh. I would have so been tempted to reach over and grab a slice.:rotfl:

I couldn’t believe it when I saw that we virtually had our pick of any TSMM FP that we wanted.

That's awesome! Guess that also explains why the park was so empty for the fireworks. Bummer you weren't able to use the passes, though.

Ahh, kids. They have their moments.

Nope, closed too.

I can't believe all those places were closed for the night.

I’m sure that HEA will grow on us over the years, but at this point in time, I have to say we definitely preferred the Star Wars show to HEA. We loved it!

Good to know. I've yet to see the Star Wars show, but if it's better than HEA, I'm all for it.

We were far enough back that I think it was bus number 4 that we were finally able to get on. By the time they finally dispatched more buses to the AKL stop, we’d been waiting over 45 minutes, and there wasn’t a sole around waiting at the other bus stops.

Wow, that's ridiculous. One bus for all those guests...And add the end of a long park day and I can only imagine the reactions people were having. If there were any resorts even moderately close to AKL, you probably could have hopped on an adjacent bus and been back before the bus made one circuit.
With as popular as AKL is now, you would think Disney would have the bus system figured out.

The first line, I have memorized. The rest is a little bit spotty. I could probably remember the "disappear, disappear" part while Elsa is belting Let it Go, but I'd rather just sit back and listen there.

Not a fan of frozen (except Olaf), so I think I would've RATHER talked vs. listened. ;)

I can think of two reasons why they wouldn't allow this
1) Health code
2) They can't sell you a pizza if they give you someone else's leftovers

I love Disney, but they are in business to make money, so I think #2 more likely

I know you didn't have much time for photos, but the photos you have are fantastic. Another one here.

Some good looking kids you've got there. Good thing they take after DW. :lmao:

Hey Andy, where's mom? Don't see her in this picture...did she wander off again?

I can really relate to your tantrum outbreaks with DD. I hope it improves.

I can relate to your bus woes too. For many years, I was an advocate for using the Disney transportation system vs. spending extra money on a car rental. Our December trip had such bad bus service that we rented a car this trip. Our lives got about a million times easier with the car - well worth the $197! So much less loss of time and standing around impatiently! This point was driven home when we decided to leave our car at the Boardwalk the last day (ate at Bon Voyage) and then later take the bus from MK to Boardwalk to get the car before heading to the airport. And the wait for that BW bus!!! It was awful. Other buses would come through and literally drive away with nobody, yet they just wouldn't stop for our miserable looking line. The guy at the front of the line said that it had been awful his whole trip and they waited an hour once and his kids all had to go potty the whole time. I think he had been waiting 45 minutes for this one. I think we're rental car converts now.

Oh my god! Twice now I thought I responded here and both posts are gone!

I remember posting because you mentioned the San Angel Margarita and I commented that I would be having one Saturday. Well, since I'm at WDW now it will have to wait a tiny bit as I have some stuff to do today. :rolleyes1

Now I know of four TRS I need to get to....before @pkondz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter