• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney in 3 days?

azaria

Earning My Ears
Currently I am planning a Disney vacation Memorial Day weekend with my roommate who has never been. We will only be there for 3 full days-and plan to hit the three main parks at least. Is this reasonable or are we crazy? I have heard of others going for only 3 days, I just want to make sure we can make the most out of the vacation!!! Any help is appreciated!:wave2:

<b>Welcome to the DIS and Adult/Solo Board, azaria</b>. It might be a bit crowded on a holiday weekend. I'd advise you do some research. Decide which attractions are most important to you and concentrate on those. Make use of fast pass whenever possible. Don't try to do everything- take a bit of time to relax.

Planning will be key here. Also, take advantage of Fast Pass and get to the parks early each day. If you can, download current park maps and schedules for the weekend and study them. Too many people waste time initially going over the map and then figuring out where things are and what to do then and there.

Make PS's for at least some key meals in advance also. That will save you time too. Get snacks &/or light meals on the run.

The parks:
Epcot - Since it is the largest one, plan to be there the whole day. You can take breaks within the park, so there is no need to leave and then come back. Skip Spaceship Earth initially. Tons of people line up there first thing, while later in the day there is often NO line. Grab a Fast Pass for Test Track or Mission Space instead and then explore around Future World. Go to Honey I Shrunk the Audience or the Living Seas before TT or MS. When World Showcase opens I often head towards France or Italy first and then wind my way back towards Future World. Again, crowds hit Mexico and Canada first. If you can and like, plan a dinner at the Rose & Crown to start around 7:30-8pm to sit down after a long day and watch Illuminations from there. Make a PS though.

MK - This park often stays open late on a Holiday weekend. Don't linger on Main Street initially. See it later. If the street is crowded, remember that the gift shops connect and you can often breeze right through there with fewer crowds (except at the end of the day). Head towards the far reaches of the park, such as Splash Mountain and get a Fast Pass. Then hit the other highlights and work your way back towards Main Street. If you are willing to skip the afternoon parade, go to Toon Town or Fantasyland then (late night is good too).

MGM - Make sure to take in a stage show or two. These are great and not to be overlooked. Pick a Fast Pass of your choice and skip over The Great Movie Ride until later in the day. Lunch times can be good for Indie Jones (bring a snack with you) or the Backlot Tour. If you can get a Fantasmic dinner package, do it. It will assure you a seat at the show.

Do any shopping early in the day or by mid-afternoon. Have the packages sent to your Disney Resort or put the packages in a locker for later pick-up. The shops are a zoo before park closing. Use that time to get in any last rides or attractions.

Margiej, thanks for the tips! I am use to planning 7 and 8 day visits and felt a little overwhelmed planning a 4 day trip (my first solo).

We've been there on some very HOT Memorial Day weekends, so be prepared to dump some of those plans to go back to your resort and relax!

Reading and planning and discussing the things that are most important to see is a must. I know you said the 3 parks, and I'm assuming you're not planning to go to AK, but the Festival of the Lion King is not to be missed IMHO, and you can cool off on the rapids ride.

Bobbi

:D

I didn't realize there were 3 main parks. If I had to pick 3, I would leave out MGM. But then again. TOT & RnR are big must-dos for most. Hmmm. Well you know DAK closes early, so you could do a.m. DAK and p.m. MGM. It just stresses me out just thinking about trying to do either MK or EC in just one day.

Don't get stuck in a rut at EC. So many times when I go with other people who are down on a short break, they fiddle around future world for so long just to realize there's a whole other world in the back. By that time they only have 2-3 hours to see it. I'm a big world showcase fan, so I'd recommend spending 9-11 at future world and hitting WS as soon as it opens at 11.

Oh... about Mission Space... My group felt HORRIBLE after riding it, like we had the flu (headaches, nausea, lethargy), and left the park directly afterward. I've heard that reaction from LOTS of people here (you know they put vomit bags on it now?) So... I would save it until right before close. Future World does close early, except they've been leaving Test Track open until park close, so I'm sure they're doing the same for Mission Space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter