Disney In Talks to Acquire Majority of 21st Century Fox

I cant grasp why so many of you think any of this is about cramming new IPs into the parks.

Because all the Work in the parks of late has been IP based - including recently acquired IP like Star Wars and Marvel

Not saying they will add the Simpsons or anything but I don't think it is a crazy thought that they would look for opportunities to leverage newly acquired assets across all platforms

I don't want Disney to own Simpsons and Family Guy because I hate those shows, but mostly Family Guy. Disney can own some fox movies, but not Simpsons and Family Guy. I don't like Simpsons but Family Guy is the worse.

I cant grasp why so many of you think any of this is about cramming new IPs into the parks.

Because all the Work in the parks of late has been IP based - including recently acquired IP like Star Wars and Marvel

Not saying they will add the Simpsons or anything but I don't think it is a crazy thought that they would look for opportunities to leverage newly acquired assets across all platforms

THIS^

Sadly been a focus ............. I mean UP and a bird show ............

I do think some IP's are a great fit and would love to see some areas "Disney-fied" but sadly there seems to a wee bit too much in places.

I don't want Disney to own Simpsons and Family Guy because I hate those shows, but mostly Family Guy. Disney can own some fox movies, but not Simpsons and Family Guy. I don't like Simpsons but Family Guy is the worse.

Your feelings on Futurama? Is that one ok?

Because this is an incredibly Parks focused board. And I completely agree with you. This has little to nothing to do with the Parks though they may be some small part of leveraging some of the IPs at some point in the future if new material based on those IPs proves successful.

I think you hit it on the head. If NEW material based on those IPs proves successful. While they certainly could try to reboot Simpsons popularity, it is not a noteworthy IP from a theme park perspective. It probably is much bigger for the TV, streaming, entertainment side of the house to have an established franchise that is quite long in the tooth.

I think you hit it on the head. If NEW material based on those IPs proves successful. While they certainly could try to reboot Simpsons popularity, it is not a noteworthy IP from a theme park perspective. It probably is much bigger for the TV, streaming, entertainment side of the house to have an established franchise that is quite long in the tooth.

They'll Never Stop The Simpsons!
Have no fears, we've got stories for years, like
Marge becomes a robot,
Maybe Moe gets a cell phone, has Bart ever owned a bear?
Or, how 'bout a crazy wedding?
Where something happens and doo doo doo doo doo...
Sorry for the clip show.
Have no fears, we've got stories for years!

I’d love to see them remake alien encounter with the xenomorph as originally intended but I think that days long gone

Do you think the Simpsons is a good fit for Disney Parks? I still remember when Simpsons clothes and lunchboxes were banned from schools. I don't think Disney wants any part of them in the parks.

They could just collect the cash that comes from Universal having to pay to keep them in their parks and/or it could become a negotiating tool to get the Marvel contract changed with minimal hurt to get that gang in Disney World.

No, I don't think Disney moves Simpsons into their parks (aside from maybe some special nights). But you could deal a nasty blow to Universal if you pull it from them and force them to completely retheme an entire land.

No, I don't think Disney moves Simpsons into their parks (aside from maybe some special nights). But you could deal a nasty blow to Universal if you pull it from them and force them to completely retheme an entire land.

Why? They’ll build something else and what did Disney gain?

Leave it there they collect royalty money just like they do Marvel. Money without any overhead. OR they use it for negotiating tool with respect to Marvel. IOA SuperHero island could easily be rethemed, the priority there for guests is the rides. Theming is second fiddle.

I know Disney has acquired a lot of IP under this deal but don't be surprised if Disney then go and sell bits of it off. I can't see what interest Disney will have in anything Seth McFarlane related like Family guy

Leave it there they collect royalty money just like they do Marvel. Money without any overhead. OR they use it for negotiating tool with respect to Marvel. IOA SuperHero island could easily be rethemed, the priority there for guests is the rides. Theming is second fiddle.

Marvel is a lot different. Sure they would retheme it, but I think it would be a big loss for them considering I have heard from a lot of people that it is the best area next to Harry Potter, and it would cost a good bit to redo the whole thing. Also shuts down a good bit of the park. And I could see Disney doing special nights/meet and greets where they may want those characters. I don't know, maybe I just envision Universal and Disney really wanting to stick it to each other to try and get upper hands more than they really do.

As for using it to negotiate, I doubt that works. I would think Universal would much rather hang on to Marvel since they know how much Disney wants that for their parks.

We've already decided that the icon for that park would be a huge clay statue of Jayne.
I will go on record as saying I will buy 1 year of Disney's streaming service for every season of Firefly they create. I mean, the park could be awesome, but I'd just love to have the Verse reopened.

And yes, the a reenactment of the Hero of Canton would be an awesome live show in any gate...

Marvel is a lot different. Sure they would retheme it, but I think it would be a big loss for them considering I have heard from a lot of people that it is the best area next to Harry Potter, and it would cost a good bit to redo the whole thing. Also shuts down a good bit of the park. And I could see Disney doing special nights/meet and greets where they may want those characters. I don't know, maybe I just envision Universal and Disney really wanting to stick it to each other to try and get upper hands more than they really do.

As for using it to negotiate, I doubt that works. I would think Universal would much rather hang on to Marvel since they know how much Disney wants that for their parks.

I'm not sure which area you are talking about in referring to re-theme .... I said they could retheme the Super Hero area easily, it's a pretty cheap and cheezy, the land that falls quite short of the other IOA lands.

And if you are saying Superhero land is next best to Harry Potter - they aren't even in the same universe. Superhero land is nothing more than Six Flags at best. Every time I walk in I am distracted by how bad it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts