Disney luggage transport from airport questions

Aurora_Disney

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this is not the right board. I figured this was the best place to put it. So my question is about the Disney luggage service from airport to room. We have never used this, just always got our bags at luggage pickup at airport and got on the bus to resort. I think this could be a great thing as we usually pack a lot, but I am sorta worried. What experience does everyone have with this service? Missing bags? I’m just a worrier. Lol

Thanks for the help!

Been using this service since they started offering it and have never had a problem. Early mornings...late nights....mid-day....all good. They have fewer "deliveries" of luggage when their are fewer flights (i.e. late night), but every bag has arrived within the 4 hour window - most within 2 hours.

We love this service!!

Magical Express is now in its 14th or 15the year transporting millions of guests and suitcases, with really rare complaints.

just FYI, the Transportation Forum is a better, but not the only, place for DME questions :)

Great service! Drop your bags at the airport when you check in for your flight and they magically arrive in your Disney resort room typically a couple of hours after you get there. We've used it countless times and only had one hitch. Returned from the park to find our bags plus one extra suitcase (not ours) in our room. When we called the front desk they were quite relieved and they sent someone right up to get it. Some other poor soul was looking for their bag and the bell desk was in a tizzy trying to figure out what happened to it. So nothing is perfect.

Last edited:

I have a question: I have a 0630 am flight coming up and will land around 0900am. Should my luggage be in the room before I need to leave for the MNSSHP at 4pm?

Your luggage should be delivered to your resort within 3-4 hours after your flight's arrival. Your bags can only be delivered to your room if it is ready. Since your room may not be available until after 3 PM for hotel rooms or after 4 PM for DVC you should pack anything you need for the MNSSHP in a bag that you carry-on or pickup at the airport.

You can check your carry-on bag(s) with bell services at your resort if you are planing to out for the day.

Dave

Your luggage should be delivered to your resort within 3-4 hours after your flight's arrival. Your bags can only be delivered to your room if it is ready. Since your room may not be available until after 3 PM for hotel rooms or after 4 PM for DVC you should pack anything you need for the MNSSHP in a bag that you carry-on or pickup at the airport.

You can check your carry-on bag(s) with bell services at your resort if you are planing to out for the day.

Dave
I believe that it is 3-4 hours after Resort checkin, not flight landing.

Used DME over 30 times and have never had a problem. No worries. Your luggage will be there

It's awesome! In fact, I'm driving over in January, and my friend is flying. I could pick her up at the airport...............but DME will bring her in a timely manner, and we can hit the parks and her luggage will appear in our room shortly after.
The last time I used it, my GS and I flew in and our luggage was in our room by the time we checked in and got a quick bite to eat. So we immediately hit the pool and then off to the parks!

We’ve also used it many times. It’s great to not have to go to baggage claim. If you want to head to the parks, be sure to carry a change of clothes in a carry-on. It’s also great on return flights. Each resort has a drop off, and you don’t have to check bags when you get to the airport.

Your luggage should be delivered to your resort within 3-4 hours after your flight's arrival.
Not exactly (and this is why a few people get unreasonably frustrated.) Luggage should automagically be placed in the guest's room within three hours of the guest arriving at the resort.

The airline is far more likely to misplace your luggage than DME is. And if (great emphasis on IF) DME does misplace your bags at least they are within 47ish square miles and easily retrievable, not on their way to Denmark.

Depending on when your flight is landing, pack a few necessities in your carry on in case of delayed luggage arrival (or loss by airline) and let Disney work it’s magic for you. It’s a great service.

I have a question: I have a 0630 am flight coming up and will land around 0900am. Should my luggage be in the room before I need to leave for the MNSSHP at 4pm?

We have also never had an issue, but its important to remember that it will be delivered 3-4 hours after you arrive at the resort. If your flight lands at 9am, it can take roughly 90 minutes until you're at the resort using DME. So if you arrive at the resort around 10:30am, you can reasonably expect luggage delivery between 1:30-2:30pm, assuming your room is ready by then. This is an estimate and anything can happen, so I would recommend packing the items you need in your carry on or just collecting your own luggage from baggage claim to have it with you.

The only time I let DME handle my luggage is when we're arriving early and will be spending the rest of the day/night in the park. I don't chance it if there's something in my luggage that I'll need right away or if I'm arriving anytime after 4pm to avoid the late delivery.

I am another person who has been using it since they have started offering it. I go about 2 times a year. I have never had any of my bags go missing with them. 1 time I came in on a later flight and one of my bags was missing. It was the last flight in for the night for that plane and the airline people missed it and left it on the plane. They found it the next morning. But I did not have to do anything other then report it to Disney, they actually contacted the airline for me and tracked the bag down and brought it to me the next day when it was found.

We've never had an issue. The last few trips (and the next few upcoming) we have to pick up our own luggage because we arrive well after 10 pm and it's the only thing I don't like about coming in that late. I really loved not having to stand around the carousel and wait and then haul them down to DME. It was really nice to just go direct from the flight and only have my carry on bag. We just carried our swimsuits, a couple of days change of clothing, some small sized toiletries (& sunscreen) and our electronics in the carry on bag so that we could freshen up a bit and survive for a couple of days if our luggage didn't arrive. I was always far more concerned that the airline would lose it than the luggage service would.

We had a DVC room last month and the room wasn't ready until 5pm (we had an early flight and arrived around 9am). The previous trip was a regular room and it wasn't ready until 4pm. I would be more worried about not not having a room by 4pm. The luggage was in the room when we got the room ready notification.

Short answer: Yes, your luggage will be sent to your room when it is ready. As long as the room is ready before 4, you will be fine.

Long answer: It's entirely dependent on how busy the bell services team is at the resort and if the technology is working as intended.

Once the luggage arrives from the airport, it is held in the luggage room(s) until a computer program notifies the bell team that your room is ready and that the bags can be delivered to the room. If that computer program is acting up, the notification may be delayed and cause a slowdown.

After the notification arrives, each bell team operates slightly different from the other. Generally speaking, If that notification comes when the team is swamped with check ins, delivery to your room may be delayed. This is because the team prioritize live check ins (People who call from the room) over magical express bags.

If you get to your room 3+ hours after arriving to the resort and the bags have not arrived, give a call to the bell team. That should get the ball rolling quicker.

I use the luggage delivery that goes along with DME whenever I can. It is probably the only thing I miss staying at the Swan resort. Well that and Resort Airline Check in.

I believe that it is 3-4 hours after Resort checkin, not flight landing.
Actually, our most recent DME documents DID state 3-4 hours of flight landing. I was surprised at that. But it was within that time.

In answer to the OP, we have never had an issue. It’s super easy, and if your resort and airline participate, the airline/luggage check-in at the resort was just as easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter