Disney Magic 11/11/17 from NYC

Jwhittin

Earning My Ears
I don't see a thread for this cruise yet... not surprisingly as it was just released this week! My husband and I are booked for our first vacation alone since we got married 7 years ago. Too bad the kids have to stay home for school. Can't wait! The year and a half will just fly by.....

Hello everyone,

My DW and I just got back from the October 29th Halloween Cruise out of NY. We booked this cruise on board. We loved the 4 days at sea, the day at WDW and the stop at Castaway Cay. This will be our 12th. Disney Cruise and our 4th on the Magic.

Looking forward to a Magical cruise.

We just booked this cruise with our SIL and BIL and nephew!! So excited!!! Looking to get the talk going about this cruises fish extender!! Who's in?

Hello everyone,

My DW and I just got back from the October 29th Halloween Cruise out of NY. We booked this cruise on board. We loved the 4 days at sea, the day at WDW and the stop at Castaway Cay. This will be our 12th. Disney Cruise and our 4th on the Magic.

Looking forward to a Magical cruise.

So good to hear. We're really looking forward to this cruise. Any chance you have the navigators from your cruise? Curious to see the activities/shows.

Also curious how dinner worked out for the night you were at WDW. If you returned late, were you still able to dine in main dining or did you get room service, etc?

And also the night of departure, did the ship leave port early enough to be able to see all the sites, but still make it to early dining?

Thank you!!!

Hi Party-of-five,

1) I do have the navigators. I can scan them and send them to you if you like.
2) As for dinner the night we were at WDW, my wife and I had a 6:15 dinner reservation at the Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. I believe the ship kept to their regular dining times. The also had Cabanas open from 9:30 pm to 12:30 am. Cabanas actually stayed open longer because some of the buses arrived back at the ship late do to a bad accident on the highway.
3) As for departure from New York, we left about 5:00 pm. Early dinner was at 5:45pm. We always do late dinner seating so we got to see a lot of the New York skyline as we sailed out of the harbor. It takes a while to get out of the harbor so if you want to see a lot of NY you might want to eat at Cabanas or do room service.

If your talking about departure from Port Canaveral, I believe the last bus left Epcot at around 10:00pm. So if you wanted to see the fire works you could. At each park buses left at different times.

Let me know if you want the Navigators and which days. I can send them to you.

Hi Party-of-five,

1) I do have the navigators. I can scan them and send them to you if you like.
2) As for dinner the night we were at WDW, my wife and I had a 6:15 dinner reservation at the Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. I believe the ship kept to their regular dining times. The also had Cabanas open from 9:30 pm to 12:30 am. Cabanas actually stayed open longer because some of the buses arrived back at the ship late do to a bad accident on the highway.
3) As for departure from New York, we left about 5:00 pm. Early dinner was at 5:45pm. We always do late dinner seating so we got to see a lot of the New York skyline as we sailed out of the harbor. It takes a while to get out of the harbor so if you want to see a lot of NY you might want to eat at Cabanas or do room service.

If your talking about departure from Port Canaveral, I believe the last bus left Epcot at around 10:00pm. So if you wanted to see the fire works you could. At each park buses left at different times.

Let me know if you want the Navigators and which days. I can send them to you.

Thank you for answering my questions. This is very helpful. And thanks for the generous offer to scan the navigators, but it's not necessary to go to that trouble. We have the early dining seating, so I think we will just plan to eat at Cabanas, or something, that first night as the kids (and I) are really excited to see the sites of NYC as we sail away.

I'm curious too, how did the fast pass+ work for the day at Disney? I've read that we will receive three FP+ with the park hopper ticket. Were you able to book them in advance? Were they just 'use anywhere anytime' passes? Could you get more after the first three were used?

Thank you so much! Not that I really need to know any of this 10 months before sailing, just curious,and enjoy daydreaming. :cloud9:

Thank you for answering my questions. This is very helpful. And thanks for the generous offer to scan the navigators, but it's not necessary to go to that trouble. We have the early dining seating, so I think we will just plan to eat at Cabanas, or something, that first night as the kids (and I) are really excited to see the sites of NYC as we sail away.

I'm curious too, how did the fast pass+ work for the day at Disney? I've read that we will receive three FP+ with the park hopper ticket. Were you able to book them in advance? Were they just 'use anywhere anytime' passes? Could you get more after the first three were used?

Thank you so much! Not that I really need to know any of this 10 months before sailing, just curious,and enjoy daydreaming. :cloud9:

The Fast Pass tickets are VIP Fast Passes. There is no need to reserve a time. You just walk right on. Only 3 passes per person. So pick your three favorite rides and go for it. The first buses for WDW leave PC about 7:00am -7:15am so you will get to WDW early which means the lines should not be long that early in the morning.

Just booked today. Now to pay the deposit! I'm from the Boston area and I'm very excited to cruise out of NY to CC and WDW!

Last edited:
Know it's really early but this is our first cruise and I want to make sure my kids get the full experience. Is this where the fish extender meet would be?

My husband and I are surprising our kids with this cruise! What's even more exciting is my best friend and her hubby are surprising their kids too... and then we're going to surprise them all when they find out we're all going together! It's going to be great... I'll be crying every 5 min from joy lol

This will be our first Disney cruise (have only done carnival before). Can't wait!

286 days to go... lol

Anyone else surprising someone with this trip?

My husband and I are surprising our kids with this cruise! What's even more exciting is my best friend and her hubby are surprising their kids too... and then we're going to surprise them all when they find out we're all going together! It's going to be great... I'll be crying every 5 min from joy lol

This will be our first Disney cruise (have only done carnival before). Can't wait!

286 days to go... lol

:welcome: How exciting to have it be a surprise! How old are your kiddos? When/how do you plan to tell them? We surprised our kids years ago with a WDW trip. It was a lot of fun. This is our third DCL cruise - we really enjoyed our last two cruises. Our crew actually prefers it over going to the parks. The kids have so much fun in the clubs, going to movies, exploring the ship. And DH and I enjoy sipping cocktails and relaxing. :beach:

Not in quite the same way - but I think it's safe to say we surprised ourselves! Apparently Disney's advertising works! We had no plans to cruise DCL any time soon (having moved to Celebrity mostly due to itineraries for our last and next cruises), but after DH saw one of the Marvel Day ads online, it was about 12 hours until we were booked! My DH, DD15 and I will be travelling with my in-laws, who apparently also saw the same ad and was thinking the exact same thing!

We're looking forward to the cruise - we love DCL sea days, and along with a Castaway Cay and PC/WDW day, it's a pretty awesome Disney-filled itinerary. We'll be adding a couple of nights in NYC after - we've never been, so are looking forward to seeing some of the sites.

:welcome: How exciting to have it be a surprise! How old are your kiddos? When/how do you plan to tell them? We surprised our kids years ago with a WDW trip. It was a lot of fun. This is our third DCL cruise - we really enjoyed our last two cruises. Our crew actually prefers it over going to the parks. The kids have so much fun in the clubs, going to movies, exploring the ship. And DH and I enjoy sipping cocktails and relaxing. :beach:

My kids are 14 and 7 and hers are 7 and 4. My daughter is the biggest Disney fan so she is going to freak out when she finds out! We're going to attempt to wait until Halloween to tell them so that the wait isn't so unbearable for them (like it is for me right now lol).

My kids are really into YouTube and love watching videos of parents surprising their kids with Disney cruises, so my hubby and are are going to call them into the living saying we found the best Disney surprise video but it'll Actually be a video for them :)

We haven't been to Disney world yet so it's gonna be amazing :)

Last edited:
Not in quite the same way - but I think it's safe to say we surprised ourselves! Apparently Disney's advertising works! We had no plans to cruise DCL any time soon (having moved to Celebrity mostly due to itineraries for our last and next cruises), but after DH saw one of the Marvel Day ads online, it was about 12 hours until we were booked! My DH, DD15 and I will be travelling with my in-laws, who apparently also saw the same ad and was thinking the exact same thing!

We're looking forward to the cruise - we love DCL sea days, and along with a Castaway Cay and PC/WDW day, it's a pretty awesome Disney-filled itinerary. We'll be adding a couple of nights in NYC after - we've never been, so are looking forward to seeing some of the sites.

That's awesome! NYC is so fun, we live in CT only like an hour from Times Square so we try to hang there at least a few times a year.

Love it! We were all ready booked when the Marvel announcement was made, but it has made it all the more exciting for my kiddos. HUGE marvel fans here. Two years ago at MNSSHP the whole family dressed as Marvel characters, DH and I were Capt America and Peggy Carter, out littlest guy was 'baby capt', we had spider man, Tony stark, and scarlet witch. It was a hoot!

The days at sea are our favorites too. My Dream is to do a transatlantic cruise someday. :cloud9:

My kids are 14 and 7 and hers are 7 and 4. My daughter is the biggest Disney fan so she is going to freak out when she finds out! We're going to attempt to wait until Halloween to tell them so that the wait isn't so unbearable for them (like it is for me right now lol).

My kids are really into YouTube and love watching videos of parents surprising their kids with Disney cruises, so my hubby and are are going to call them into the living saying we found the best Disney surprise video but it'll Actually be a video for them :)

We haven't been to Disney world yet so it's gonna be amazing :)

Oh that is so fun! I don't think I could wait until Oct! Too exciting! But it will be so worth it to see their faces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts