Disney Magic 7-night Mediterranean Barcelona to Rome, June 16, 2018

anricat

DIS Veteran
Just booked this morning! When we sail this will be Disney Cruise number 5 for us. Previously we sailed on the Dream 3-night Bahamas, Magic 5-night Caribbean, Wonder 7-night Alaskan, and Magic 5-night Bahamas.

We are a family of three from Austin, TX (I'm originally from Boulder, CO and DH is originally from Nashville, TN). We have a DD who is currently 8, but will be 9 (just shy of 10 actually with a birthday on July 4) at the time of sailing.

We booked this as well. This will be Disney Cruise #7 for us. We did Mexico from CA on the Magic in 2008, Mexico from Galveston on the Wonder, Caribbean on the Fantasy, Iceland/Norway on the Magic. This June we are doing N. Europe on Magic and at Thanksgiving Bahamas on the Dream.

We are from California. There will be four of us traveling. My husband and I and 2 daughters that will be 17 and 7 (almost 8) at time of travel.

Glad to find a group! We booked on opening day. DH, me, and 3 DS (18, 16, and 13 when we go). We may bring a friend, but she doesn't know if she can come yet.

Just booked this one. This will be our 5th cruise and 4th ship (Grand Slam). 1st Dream 4 night, 2nd Fantasy 7 night, 3rd upcoming Dream 3 night, 4th upcoming Wonder 7 night. It will be me and DD will have just turned 11 the week before.

Last edited:

We are in! We are so excited! This will be our first platinum sailing for the hubs and I. So far we have 6 in two rooms and two sets of friends that have booked as well! We actually have some friends that we made on the 12 night British Isles cruise on this one as well. So excited!!

Last edited:
We are joining you all. Just switched from the next cruise to this one. Besides me it will be DH, DD who will be 7 and DS who will be 3. We all did the inaugural British Isles cruise last summer. Can't wait for this one.

With 399 days until we sail (or 57 weeks), I have been looking at hotels for our post cruise stay in Rome. Does anyone have any suggestions for a family friendly hotel?

Thanks! Can't wait for this cruise.

Last time we were in Rome we stayed at Hotel Raffaelo and we really liked it, but we were a couple. I have it on my list to investigate. You do have to take the subway to the Coluseum and other sites, but the price was good, it was clean and had a nice breakfast.

Booked my pre and post cruise hotels this week. So excited! Just waiting and watching for airfare to be somewhat reasonable.

Booked my pre and post cruise hotels this week. So excited! Just waiting and watching for airfare to be somewhat reasonable.

We've booked pre-cruise. Still working on post-cruise since I'm not sure how many days we will be spending in Rome. I've been looking at the airfare and it's sort of terrifying at the moment. I really hope it comes down!!

We are excited to join this trip. It will be my husband and I along with our 2 girls ages 9 & 12 at the time of sailing. My stepdad is also surprising my mom with this cruise and we have to keep it a secret until her birthday (which also happens to be Christmas). I am not sure I can talk to my mom for 5 months b/c I am so excited it might slip - ha ha! Look forward to sailing with you!

Our family is interested in sharing some private excursions, potentially in several ports, but starting right now with Naples. We want to do a tour that includes Pompeii, Herculaneum, and a wine tasting lunch (which is still kid-friendly, non drinkers just pay less) with knowledgable licensed guides for the archeological sites.

We are a family of three with a DD that will be nearly 10 at the time of the cruise. We split a tour on our Alaskan cruise and it was so great to have a private tour with another family. We really got a personalized experience and made some great friends.

PM me if you might be interested!

Anyone interested in getting a fish extender group going?
This will be our tenth Disney cruise (finally platinum!) and our third time participating in a fish extender group (hopefully!)

HI! I just paid my deposit for our trip - both excited and terrified at the same time! I know we are paying a premium for booking so late in the game - but unfortunately with our schedules we can't book a year out. We will be travelling with our 3 kids - ages 13 (girl), 11 (boy) and 7 (boy - just shy of 8).

This is our 2nd disney cruise - did our first in 2016 to Alaska - and I was hooked! We are a total of 7 in our party: four of us: myself, husband and kids (DD aged 5, and DS aged 3) are originally from Toronto/Chicago. And the extended family: MIL, SIL and BIL are from Denver/Chicago.

Just started working on the details - port excursions, hotel bookings etc... Not all the port adventures are listed for our itinerary yet. Am happy to share non Disney excursions with others. I've reached out to a lot of tour companies in Napoli so far. And will be speaking to the tour guide we used for our wedding in Sienna. I am hoping he will do the tour out of Livorno for us.

Am debating doing our first Fish Extender this trip. the kids might be old enough to enjoy!

Hoping that the kids will be willing to do Kids Club on this cruise. Didn't work out last time. Would be great for them to meet other kids their age.

Anyone interested in getting a fish extender group going?
This will be our tenth Disney cruise (finally platinum!) and our third time participating in a fish extender group (hopefully!)
Hi there, we are signed up for a FE via the FB page.

I've tried everything to find it in on FB.. i found the cruise before the 16th and after...

If anyone else on this board what's do to a board FE - please let me know!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter