Disney Magic 7-night Mediterranean, June 23rd, 2018

We booked this cruise while on board the Northern Europe cruise last month so this will be our second cruise. We are really looking forward to this itinerary! It will be me, my husband, our 7 year old daughter, and our 5 year old son.

Hi! A little late to the party but we also booked this cruise on the Northern Europe cruise last summer. It will be me, my husband, my 13 year old daughter and 75+ mom. It's our 5th Disney cruise and between other Med sailings and some work trips, I've been to many of the locations, but I feel like I only scratched the surface in terms of exploration, so I'm so excited for this adventure!

Hi all! Our trip is in 75 days and I’m so excited I can barely stand it! I’ll be traveling with my husband, twin DS aged 12, and DS age 8. Most excursions have been booked, except Marseilles which I can’t decide on.

Hi, I'm new to the board but not to Disney or cruising. This will be my 5th Disney cruise and my friend's first cruise ever. We are Disney fanatics from California and we're so excited for this trip!

I've been to several of the ports before with a different cruise line, but my friend hasn't been to any of them, so we'll be splitting up some days so she can see the main attractions and I can venture a little off the beaten path. Looking for other adults to pal around with in a city or two.

BTW I *love* the Magic. I was on the UK-Iceland-Norway itinerary in June 2016 and didn't want to leave the ship. It really was one of the best vacations I've ever taken, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for another cruise in the future.

Hi all! Our trip is in 75 days and I’m so excited I can barely stand it! I’ll be traveling with my husband, twin DS aged 12, and DS age 8. Most excursions have been booked, except Marseilles which I can’t decide on.
One of my co-workers lived in Provence for a year and highly recommended seeing Cassis and Aix, so those are what I'm trying to decide between at the moment.

This will also be my family's 7th cruise non-Caribbean or Bahamian and I'm freaking out (with nervousness and excitement). Just booked last night... It will be myself DW, DH, DD18(as time of sailing), DS12, and DS11. I don't even know where to start for planning.... I want to arrive 2 days early and then stay about 1 or 2 days. Any suggestions/tips from anyone would greatly be appreciated :-)
This reply is almost a year late so you've likely figured out your plans BUT in Barcelona I like the area of La Rambla. It's a huge street with restaurants, stores, markets, etc. not far from the port. It's busy and chaotic and walkable.

For Rome, I don't know the layout of the city well even though I've been there twice. The touristy things are pretty spread out, so there's lots of possibilities. We chose a pre-cruise hotel near Villa Borghese (I think someone up-thread mentioned this area too).

One of my co-workers lived in Provence for a year and highly recommended seeing Cassis and Aix, so those are what I'm trying to decide between at the moment.
Thanks so much for the suggestions! For some reason, I’ve been unable to decide what to do at that port stop. All my other port adventures are booked.

Is anyone staying at a non-Disney hotel in Rome or Barcelona? Any suggestions other than the ones offered?
The Parco dei Principi in Rome and the Renaissance in Barcelona have been unavailable for months. I’m on a waiting list, but I’m sure there are plenty of other great options! I just need to go ahead and book and not wait on disney’s availability. Thanks!

I’m a SPG member (Starwood hotel group) so that helped limit my choices. Got the Barcelona hotel for free using points! For Rome I used hotels.com to search for specific features and narrow down my options. There are SO MANY possibilities depending on price, location, amenities, etc. if I can figure out how to DM you, I’ll let you know the specific properties I booked.

This reply is for PamelaH — I thought I was responding to her specific post but I guess not. Sorry!

Anyone have advice for our day in Genoa? I’m conflicted between going to Milan, going to Portofino, or staying in Genoa. I’ve never been to any of them before and can’t decide!

I feel like I *should* see Milan, but it’s 2.5 hrs each way to and from, and I’m not sure I want to waste so much of my day in transit. I’m also not super into shopping, which is Milan’s claim to fame.

A coworker recommended Portofino, which looks gorgeous, but I’m doing several other costal port adventures and they might all start blurring together.

Is Genoa worth seeing? I could stay close to the ship, have a more leisurely/less ambitious day, and save the other cities for possible return trips to Italy.

I’m a SPG member (Starwood hotel group) so that helped limit my choices. Got the Barcelona hotel for free using points! For Rome I used hotels.com to search for specific features and narrow down my options. There are SO MANY possibilities depending on price, location, amenities, etc. if I can figure out how to DM you, I’ll let you know the specific properties I booked.

This reply is for PamelaH — I thought I was responding to her specific post but I guess not. Sorry!
Yes, if you can figure out how to send me where your best chices are...I'd appreciate it!! Thanks!

Anyone have advice for our day in Genoa? I’m conflicted between going to Milan, going to Portofino, or staying in Genoa. I’ve never been to any of them before and can’t decide!

I feel like I *should* see Milan, but it’s 2.5 hrs each way to and from, and I’m not sure I want to waste so much of my day in transit. I’m also not super into shopping, which is Milan’s claim to fame.

A coworker recommended Portofino, which looks gorgeous, but I’m doing several other costal port adventures and they might all start blurring together.

Is Genoa worth seeing? I could stay close to the ship, have a more leisurely/less ambitious day, and save the other cities for possible return trips to Italy.
I decided against Milan for the same reason that you are thinking about not going. It's a long day of travel. The day before we are going to Florence (which is a 2 hour drive) and then a 1 hour drive to Pisa. From Pisa, it's only 45 minutes back to the port. I figured one long day was enough. Currently, I am booked on the Portofino by boat tour, but I am thinking of changing it to the Ultimate Italian Rivera.

Any advice/tips for transportation from Rome city center to the cruise terminal on embarkation day? Train? Taxi? Uber? Shuttle? Any other options? I want to do whatever is easiest, even if it costs more than other options. I didn't book the hotel through DCL, so an official transfer is out.

I decided against Milan for the same reason that you are thinking about not going. It's a long day of travel. The day before we are going to Florence (which is a 2 hour drive) and then a 1 hour drive to Pisa. From Pisa, it's only 45 minutes back to the port. I figured one long day was enough. Currently, I am booked on the Portofino by boat tour, but I am thinking of changing it to the Ultimate Italian Rivera.
I decided to go with Portofino by boat, too. It was sold out but I guess someone cancelled so I got a spot. A coworker recommended the Ultimate Italian Rivera because it goes to more places (and he's visited all of them and loved all of them), but I think I need a shorter excursion. I'm going to be pooped.

All of the cruise documents have arrived! We are a month away from the cruise. We hadn't told our children where we were going, but Mickey Mouse called us the other night and finally told them.:earsboy:

Yes, if you can figure out how to send me where your best chices are...I'd appreciate it!! Thanks!
I think you have to have more posts for me to be able to send you a private message? Not sure.

Just a few weeks now!

Any advice/tips for transportation from Rome city center to the cruise terminal on embarkation day? Train? Taxi? Uber? Shuttle? Any other options? I want to do whatever is easiest, even if it costs more than other options. I didn't book the hotel through DCL, so an official transfer is out.

I am getting a one way rental from Rome to the cruise terminal, we have too many luggages. It's simply too difficult to carry everything on a train, it's just easier to drop it off in a car

Did anyone set up an FEfor.this cruise? I can't find one anywhere!!!!

I don't believe one was set up via this group; however, there was one done through a page for this sailing on a social media platform to not be named here, but that one closed about a month ago.

I am getting a one way rental from Rome to the cruise terminal, we have too many luggages. It's simply too difficult to carry everything on a train, it's just easier to drop it off in a car
I think I'm going to do something similar, but maybe hire a private car service (I'm not comfortable driving in other countries). I'll pay $ for ease of travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!