Disney Magic 7-night Mediterranean, June 23rd, 2018

I think I'm going to do something similar, but maybe hire a private car service (I'm not comfortable driving in other countries). I'll pay $ for ease of travel.

You are not paying that much more. I think private transfer is about 150, the rental will cost me 75 after insurance. I just like to drive and use the car to see some extra places

You are not paying that much more. I think private transfer is about 150, the rental will cost me 75 after insurance. I just like to drive and use the car to see some extra places
Drive safely! We reserved a private car transfer for 125 euros (~$150) through the port of Civitavecchia official website. They also offered us a transfer from FCO to our hotel in central Rome for 45 euros (I read online that taxis for that trip are a flat rate of 48 euros).

I think you have to have more posts for me to be able to send you a private message? Not sure.

Just a few weeks now!
I ended up getting a Disney hotel. I was on the wait list and they had openings. For ease of travel, I just went with their hotel choices in Roma and Barcelona. One less thing for me to do!

I decided against Milan for the same reason that you are thinking about not going. It's a long day of travel. The day before we are going to Florence (which is a 2 hour drive) and then a 1 hour drive to Pisa. From Pisa, it's only 45 minutes back to the port. I figured one long day was enough. Currently, I am booked on the Portofino by boat tour, but I am thinking of changing it to the Ultimate Italian Rivera.
Funny...I thought about changing to the Ultimate Italian Riviera excursion and now its sold out. Guess I'll stay with the Portofino excursion :earboy2:

Drive safely! We reserved a private car transfer for 125 euros (~$150) through the port of Civitavecchia official website. They also offered us a transfer from FCO to our hotel in central Rome for 45 euros (I read online that taxis for that trip are a flat rate of 48 euros).

Yes, taxi is roughly that range. My flight lands at midnight, so I am stuck paying for more if I want to get car service. Plus i Have 3 luggages, so a typical italian car might not fit them. The plan is to stay in Rome for a few days, tour the city and then grab a car Friday, stay outside of Rome, get a goodnight of sleep and drive to the port in the morning. I also have rental cars lined up in Genoa, but let's see if I will end up using it

It's almost time! :mickeyjum

Thanks for the advice and camaraderie leading up to the trip. I hope everyone has a safe journey to Italy, and maybe we'll meet face to face on the ship. My friend and I have late dining BTW, and I'm known to frequent trivia and the adult after-dinner shows.

It's been a few weeks now, but what an MAGICAL trip we all had! Loved everything we did! Now to plan another one:earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter