Disney Magic British Isles September 2-9,2018

Dover Sept 9,2018.
We had breakfast and had a bus booked for trip back to London.We were going to take the train but there was work on the tracks and delays were going to happen.The bus was booked by online friend.We got back in time to check in and get to "Harry Potter Broadway show" on time. We saw part 1 and 2 on the same day.The following day we did some shopping, visited the British Museum and went to Brighton for a walk.We stayed our last night at Hilton at Gatwick Airport.We enjoyed our cruise very much.

My daughter and I loved the shows.Really cool tricks in the show!Hardest part was getting the tickets, 1 year in advance!

I go away to get married and your cruise is all over lol. It looks like you had a lot of fun! I want to see the Harry Potter play. The parts 1 and 2 are two separate plays? So you could end up not getting tickets to one?

I go away to get married and your cruise is all over lol. It looks like you had a lot of fun! I want to see the Harry Potter play. The parts 1 and 2 are two separate plays? So you could end up not getting tickets to one?
You buy the tickets in pairs we had part 1 in the afternoon and part 2 in the evening.Mind you I bought the tickets almost 1 year in advance.Might be easier now that it has been playing for awhile.

Great trip report.
Can't believe you were 4 hours total travelling on the Greenock day, I've always wondered why the ship doesn't stop at the Leith-Edinburgh terminal as it would be much closer.

I enjoyed your TR. We have the British Isles cruise booked for next year. We also plan to do the Royal Yacht and Edinburgh Castle excursion. It’s good to know in advance that we only get about an hour onboard. I also would have been perturbed waiting for people to catch up to the group when the day is already rushed.

Despite the travel time we enjoyed the tour to Royal Yacht and Edinburgh Castle.
Hi Disney Helen.... Thanks so much for the trip report and all the great pics. Looks like you had a wonderful time. This itinerary remains very high on our list but will probably have to wait until I'm retired :(

How physically demanding are the excursions at the ports? My wife uses an electric wheelchair. Would she be able to take this on the excursions?

How physically demanding are the excursions at the ports? My wife uses an electric wheelchair. Would she be able to take this on the excursions?

You would need to contact Disney about this. The port excursions are local contractors hired by Disney. The transport options vary in size depending on the size of the group. The vehicles owned / used by the local contractors may or may not be wheelchair accessible. Many of the port excursion would involve walking, and the terrain / streets/ ground may not be wheelchair friendly.

Edinburgh had cobbled streets and I think it would be difficult to navigate an electric wheelchair. The other ports would be easier although I do not recall seeing any wheelchair guests on our day trips.

Great trip report! We are doing this same cruise along with a back to back 5 night that heads to France and Belgium Sept 2020 for our 30th Anniv.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts