Disney Magic How To Do London Like A Local

It's true that it's legal to drink beer wine and cider with a meal but most chains have a blanket policy of 18yrs stated clearly on their menu so don't be surprised or upset if you are not able to.

Most pubs are open to all ages for food during the day. In the evening she may get ID'd on the door. Just play it by ear.

Oh and I totally agree. People will know you're tourists regardless of what you wear, so dress however you feel comfortable.

Now that I am in the middle of planning my September 2020 Western Europe Cruise from Dover, its time to bring this thread back to life.

To start with, here are some photos of UK currency, bank notes and coins.

Unlike USA bank notes, UK bank notes are different sizes and different colours. The £5 and £10 notes are made from polymer, a type of plastic. On 20 February 2020, a new polymer £20 will be issued and the current paper note will be withdrawn from circulation. There is also a paper £50 note not in the photo. Bad PinkTink UK Coins.png

Bad PinkTink UK Bank Notes.png

Since this is really not a Disney Cruise Line trip planning topic, I’m moving it to the UK forum.

I'm not so sure. The description for this this forum says, "For UK visitors' posts about WDW, Orlando and Florida"? It seems like everyone in this forum already knows about how to visit the UK probably. But those of us going to Europe for cruises are needing this type of assistance.

This has been an interesting perspective on visiting somewhere I lived, and am, in American terms, from. I am not sure ALL the advice is necessary, but, a lot is useful.

The Kings Cross area used to be synonymous with night time trouble, but I really feel (especially having stayed there recently) that the regeneration means that there are definitely worse places to stay now.

So many people in London are tourists, that looking like a tourist is not a huge problem.

For those anxious about Oysters, if you are only staying a couple of days, then stopping at the station once a day to get a daily travel card will likely be a better option, it covers all your London travel needs (you need a supplemental ticket for the water bus / boat, but that's the same with the Oyster card) and means you are just buying one ticket a day, then using that. It means all the problem of not having contactless credit / debit cards is eliminated, and it is what I did when I forgot to order my son a young person Oyster ahead of time (you can't pick those up on the day) it means all your travel is covered, no matter what you decide to do, or how lost you get.

Remember you can easily walk between some tube stops (Covent Garden area especially is BUSY and you can walk to Leicester Square or Piccadilly Circus or Holborn very easily)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!