Disney Magic Kingdoms

The general consensus on Reddit is that all of these changes have been made in anticipation of the anti loot crate legislation that expected to pass soon. That would certainly affect Gamelofts primary money maker so I believe it.

Also, the characters for the rest of the TC have been cracked:

Week 2: Woody, Bullseye, Hamm, Rex
Hook, Footie PJ Darling, Tink, Wendy
Jack Sparrow, Tia Dalma, Will
Elsa, Hans, Kris, Olaf, Sven
Anna

Week 3: Goofy, Eve, Pete, Wall-E
Buzz, Louie, Mowgli, Zurg
Red Fairy, Tangled Guy, Blue Fairy
Felix, Army Lady, Scary Lady, Spam Dude, Vanellope, Blue Lady
Ralph

Well, this completely made my day so I thought I would share this with you all. Just about to head to the office and checked my mail where I found an envelope. Inside were three signed photos from Josh Cooley, on which he drew storyboard style drawings for each of the films I sent. And he wrote this great note on Pixar stationery in which he talks about finishing up work on Toy Story 4, and added a sketch of Forky. At least I don't have to wait over a month for him to finally be released in DMK. Guess I already got him. OK, off to work. At least tomorrow starts a nice four-day-weekend!
Cooley (493x640).jpg

Well, this completely made my day so I thought I would share this with you all. Just about to head to the office and checked my mail where I found an envelope. Inside were three signed photos from Josh Cooley, on which he drew storyboard style drawings for each of the films I sent. And he wrote this great note on Pixar stationery in which he talks about finishing up work on Toy Story 4, and added a sketch of Forky. At least I don't have to wait over a month for him to finally be released in DMK. Guess I already got him. OK, off to work. At least tomorrow starts a nice four-day-weekend!
View attachment 402513
This is awesome!!

So cocos will be much harder to get this time and they are trying to sell them now? And then an add to get one more coco in the item list?

The Sultan costs 300 gems or a $9.99 bundle?

If the interns were a WWE wrestler I'd say they turned heel

Another update:

Hi Kingdomers! Thanks for all the comments about changes to the Happiness Rewards System.

We have reached out to several players requesting User IDs, and we are reviewing our data to better understand what we can do to ensure that this system results in a more positive experience for our players.

While we look into this more closely, we are sending all of our players 160 Happiness (which will move you into the Ecstatic tier) along with 350 Elixirs which can be used to cast Merlin’s Happiness Safeguard spell – please note that you’ll need to have access to Merlin to cast this spell.

Finally, we will be removing activities that help generate happiness lasting longer than 1 hour as we noted in our previous communication. We had intended to remove them in this update, and the fact that they were still included was an oversight on our part. Sorry for that!

Thank you in advance for your patience while we look into this!

Another update:

Hi Kingdomers! Thanks for all the comments about changes to the Happiness Rewards System.

We have reached out to several players requesting User IDs, and we are reviewing our data to better understand what we can do to ensure that this system results in a more positive experience for our players.

While we look into this more closely, we are sending all of our players 160 Happiness (which will move you into the Ecstatic tier) along with 350 Elixirs which can be used to cast Merlin’s Happiness Safeguard spell – please note that you’ll need to have access to Merlin to cast this spell.

Finally, we will be removing activities that help generate happiness lasting longer than 1 hour as we noted in our previous communication. We had intended to remove them in this update, and the fact that they were still included was an oversight on our part. Sorry for that!

Thank you in advance for your patience while we look into this!

I got the reward, but still had a mother gothel 4 hour happiness task, probably have to force close the game and then bring it back up. Lovely.

The elixir is interesting, think of it as an opportunity to learn about all the neat things Merlin can do for you... so you'll know how to spend your own elixir in the future!

View attachment 402513
That's awesome! What was the letter you penned for him? How long did he take to respond? Pretty nice of him as he probably has been a bit busy as of late.

So cocos will be much harder to get this time and they are trying to sell them now? And then an add to get one more coco in the item list?

The Sultan costs 300 gems or a $9.99 bundle?

If the interns were a WWE wrestler I'd say they turned heel

Funny you mentioned WWE, because I was gonna make a different WWE analogy the other day.

For anyone who doesn’t know WWE has their own app for their one network. Old shows, new shows, PPVs, etc. Anyways, during their quarterly financial reports, one of the things they constantly push on is “viewer engagement” which is basically how many hours people spend viewing the network. To inflate these numbers, they intentionally make make their monthly PvPs longer than they need/should be, basically so they can inflate these relatively meaningless numbers. Basically that is what I feel this game has been doing lately. I wonder if them requiring players to log in and play more often they can sell that extra “view engagement” as a way to sell some of the higher ups that the game is more popular than it really is?

Last edited:
I guess since all intern hands are on deck trying to fix the unhappiness fiasco there is no one left to watch for the leader board cheaters. This morning, about an hour after the TC began, I already had the top 10 on my leader board between 10 to 15k. They should be the ones losing all their happiness!!!

View attachment 402513
That is seriously cool. You have such a great collection.

I have all the Aladdin characters but I am not spending the gems on the Sultan. Mainly because I highly doubt I will be able to get Rajah even playing nonstop. I only have Anna and Elsa, and in one of the previous tower challenges that was enough for me to fall short despite having all the other character sets and an excess of cocoas. So I’m saving these gems for the next event. Aladdin is one of my favorite movies but I could care less about this tower challenge, it’s all such a blatant money grab now.

That's awesome! What was the letter you penned for him? How long did he take to respond? Pretty nice of him as he probably has been a bit busy as of late.
Thanks! I wrote to him back in July of last year, which tells you how nutty it must have been at Pixar since last summer with TS4 in production. As an avid autograph collector, I have a sizeable Disney-themed collection of folks, whether it be from voice talent, parks-related, artists, or the Disney Legends. I sent him three photos, one each from Up, Toy Story of Terror, and Inside Out. On each photo, he included some great storyboard-style sketches of appropriate characters from the films If I wasn't at work right now, I'd be happy to scan an upload the photos. They will eventually have to go onto my website anyway!

Sounds like quite a few people are passing on Sultan. I did use gems to get him, I hope I don't regret it in the long run. 300 gems for a premium character (that actually hasn't really done anything "premium" yet) seemed like a bargain after the Ringmaster. But now I'm down to 149 gems. Gonna gave to run my parades into the ground to earn some gems back. I used elixir to get him to lv 2 right away to start earning cocoa. Seems like the cocoa is being rationed this time around.

Sounds like quite a few people are passing on Sultan. I did use gems to get him, I hope I don't regret it in the long run. 300 gems for a premium character (that actually hasn't really done anything "premium" yet) seemed like a bargain after the Ringmaster. But now I'm down to 149 gems. Gonna gave to run my parades into the ground to earn some gems back. I used elixir to get him to lv 2 right away to start earning cocoa. Seems like the cocoa is being rationed this time around.
Wait. Talk to me here. We can now use elixir to move characters up faster?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter