Disney Magic Kingdoms

Sounds like quite a few people are passing on Sultan. I did use gems to get him, I hope I don't regret it in the long run. 300 gems for a premium character (that actually hasn't really done anything "premium" yet) seemed like a bargain after the Ringmaster. But now I'm down to 149 gems. Gonna gave to run my parades into the ground to earn some gems back. I used elixir to get him to lv 2 right away to start earning cocoa. Seems like the cocoa is being rationed this time around.
I thought long and hard about this guy. I don't have many of the gem characters from the main storyline. Just never had enough gems for them. So instead, I use my gems on limited time content. I did not use gems for grumpy but won him in a chest recently. He is currently collecting for level 10.

I have 365 gems. While purchasing him would get me closer to one of my criteria for quitting, I feel like most premium characters, they have little impact on non-tower events. For tower events, especially levels 2 and 3, they are important unless you have enough cocoa. I'll gamble with it and see how this goes, I doubt I'll get the last concession, not that I have use for it.

Wait. Talk to me here. We can now use elixir to move characters up faster?
Buy the tokens from Merlin?

I thought long and hard about this guy. I don't have many of the gem characters from the main storyline. Just never had enough gems for them. So instead, I use my gems on limited time content. I did not use gems for grumpy but won him in a chest recently. He is currently collecting for level 10.

I have 365 gems. While purchasing him would get me closer to one of my criteria for quitting, I feel like most premium characters, they have little impact on non-tower events. For tower events, especially levels 2 and 3, they are important unless you have enough cocoa. I'll gamble with it and see how this goes, I doubt I'll get the last concession, not that I have use for it.

Buy the tokens from Merlin?
Ahhh. Got it, thanks. Haven't checked Merlin's bag of tricks yet since the update. Not sure what he's peddling these days.

so just saw they gave out a bunch of happiness and elixir and there is a new message in the mailbox

Basically says they've heard the complaints and they are doing some data testing to see if they need to adjust the happiness factor and while they do that use the happiness they just gave you (that moves everyone to estatic level) and then the elixir can be used by merlin to protect happiness

Guess it is good to know that they did see the complaints are are willing to look into it

so just saw they gave out a bunch of happiness and elixir and there is a new message in the mailbox

Basically says they've heard the complaints and they are doing some data testing to see if they need to adjust the happiness factor and while they do that use the happiness they just gave you (that moves everyone to estatic level) and then the elixir can be used by merlin to protect happiness

Guess it is good to know that they did see the complaints are are willing to look into it
They also shouldn't have messed with that which was not broken, which caused this uproar in the first place. Over 3k comments and reactions on their Facebook page -- all of those people couldn't be wrong, could they?

They also shouldn't have messed with that which was not broken, which caused this uproar in the first place. Over 3k comments and reactions on their Facebook page -- all of those people couldn't be wrong, could they?

well, yeah, of course not - but I guess they wanted to make the happiness thing a bit more relevant (and get people to watch adverts, etc.) but this was poorly produced

Sounds like quite a few people are passing on Sultan. I did use gems to get him, I hope I don't regret it in the long run. 300 gems for a premium character (that actually hasn't really done anything "premium" yet) seemed like a bargain after the Ringmaster. But now I'm down to 149 gems. Gonna gave to run my parades into the ground to earn some gems back. I used elixir to get him to lv 2 right away to start earning cocoa. Seems like the cocoa is being rationed this time around.

I did the same. But so far he's done his cocoa task three times, and has returned empty handed each time.

Wait. Talk to me here. We can now use elixir to move characters up faster?
Yep, I bought the tokens from Merlin. I think it ran me 1400 in elixir to buy the 4 tokens to get him to lv two. His jobs are pretty long to earn his stuff, so I thought I'd speed him up a bit. I still have 58k in elixir, so I'm ready for the next attraction that won't fit in my park.

So I think I'm a hypocrite. I don't like aspects of the game and yet I still play.....

Spent the gems to get Sultan (I'm a character completionist, and December is going to KILL ME, if they start anything while I'm away)
I did notice we get more TC/EC now. Instead of 2, you get 4, (oooooh, aaaaaah)
I personally like that you can watch an ad and get cocoa. I'll watch as many ads as they let me.

I have over 80K in Elixir, so I might be able to buy some tokens to speed up Sultan, at least to level 2, so he can go try and earn some extra cocoa.

Also, someone please explain that legislation thing mentioned a few pages back. What's that about? Thank you.

Yep, I bought the tokens from Merlin. I think it ran me 1400 in elixir to buy the 4 tokens to get him to lv two. His jobs are pretty long to earn his stuff, so I thought I'd speed him up a bit. I still have 58k in elixir, so I'm ready for the next attraction that won't fit in my park.
Too bad I just sent him on his 4-hour task to most likely not bring anything back. Will level him up as soon as he comes back empty-handed.

So I think I'm a hypocrite. I don't like aspects of the game and yet I still play.....

Spent the gems to get Sultan (I'm a character completionist, and December is going to KILL ME, if they start anything while I'm away)
I did notice we get more TC/EC now. Instead of 2, you get 4, (oooooh, aaaaaah)
I personally like that you can watch an ad and get cocoa. I'll watch as many ads as they let me.

I have over 80K in Elixir, so I might be able to buy some tokens to speed up Sultan, at least to level 2, so he can go try and earn some extra cocoa.

Also, someone please explain that legislation thing mentioned a few pages back. What's that about? Thank you.

Doesn’t make you a hypocrite at all. All of us have our own breaking points and you just haven’t reached yours yet. Nothing wrong with that. For me Moana’s flowers did it, and happiness was the final nail. Still playing so I can hit a made up goal though. :rotfl2:

This board has kept me playing much longer than the game should have and I’ll miss it much more than the game.

Doesn’t make you a hypocrite at all. All of us have our own breaking points and you just haven’t reached yours yet. Nothing wrong with that. For me Moana’s flowers did it, and happiness was the final nail. Still playing so I can hit a made up goal though. :rotfl2:

This board has kept me playing much longer than the game should have and I’ll miss it much more than the game.
Remember the good ol' days when we used to get a free three cocoas right from the start? And the days back when Tinkerbell, Jessie, and at least four or five other characters would be out on constant cocoa task? And, of course, by "the good ol' days" I mean the last Tower event just a couple of months ago. Well, at least we can BUY cocoa packs now. Crooks.

Remember the good ol' days when we used to get a free three cocoas right from the start? And the days back when Tinkerbell, Jessie, and at least four or five other characters would be out on constant cocoa task? And, of course, by "the good ol' days" I mean the last Tower event just a couple of months ago. Well, at least we can BUY cocoa packs now. Crooks.

I am not buying Cocoa Packs.

Where is this video to watch for cocoa? I see nothing on my game
Took me a bit to find it, too. Go into your Tower Challenge section, and then click the present icon (fourth one down). It's directly to the right of Rajah. Looks like one a day, so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter