Disney Magic Kingdoms

Welp, hit the time wall with about 3 days to go - so time to crank EC and those cases I guess ... Depending on timing might level up some characters more (at 4, 4, and 3) but want to avoid the item overlap. Usually characters need to be at level 5 for the final boss battle so might up them to that if I feel plenty of time but we shall see

Also at 4/3/3 and typically would consider leveling everyone up one more before the next character, but probably won’t this time. The 5 Pegasus clouds every 4 hours sucks and is really gonna slow down leveling characters more than getting there items will.

Even then, most of the attractions are not worth buying from the merlin shop. They don't do much for you. Jumping Jellyfish at least gives trophies. Toy Story Mania, Carousel of Progress, Golden Zephyr. No benefit to buying them.

For the most part I agree with you, but at the time they had them, I usually had a surplus of elixir so figured why not.

It does seems that drop rates have been intentionally scaled back to slow game play progress.

Agree! It also seems like rarely level does not match up with drop rates for items most of the time.

I have to laugh because the jokes on me, another round of quests and no Raspberries, then I noted that on the Trophy mini event, they expect you to get Statue Palace to Level 1 to get a Trophy. I have not even seen tokens for Enchanting the buildings and I sure to hell an not going to buy any. They must think we are fools.
Same thing happened with me and the Lady & the Tramp tokens for enchanting the buildings. Took forever beyond the event to finally start getting a few. I'm with you... if they think I'm buying a bundle to enchant a building, they're insane.

Same thing happened with me and the Lady & the Tramp tokens for enchanting the buildings. Took forever beyond the event to finally start getting a few. I'm with you... if they think I'm buying a bundle to enchant a building, they're insane.

Trying to think if there’s been a worse addition to the game than building enhancements? Like you said, it’s just a way for them to try and get players to buy bundles and they can’t even do that right. Do they honestly do anything that benefits players? Sure each level gives you access to more items, but those items woulda been with those buildings before they introduced building enhancements. Just an annoying and worthless feature that could have been useful if done properly.

Closest bad additions I can think of is adding 2 new lands and still not having 1/2 of them accessible 2 years (?) later. Another would be Grumpy and the convoluted process, aka spending gems and/or cash, required to get him. But remember he would be a very special character that would help with future additions/events. They obviously forgot that, because my Grumpy has been in storage for a very long time until this event began.

Last edited:

What characters drop gold trophies?
  • Snow White characters (and attractions)
  • Pocahontas (with Comfy and Dressing Room at level 1)
  • Mickey
  • Goofy
  • Hamm
  • Phil
  • Woody
  • EVE (at Level 10)
  • Megara (with the Statue Garden at level 1)
  • Pluto
  • Rex
  • Panic (with the Statue Garden at level 1, for future trophy events)

Gold Trophy event is going better than expected, considering I have a lot of folks doing non-trophy tasks at the moment. Still somehow sitting in a top 400 position. which would give me just enough Common Blueprints to do the first level enchantment on something. Haven't figured out what yet.

It looked like I had time to make a little bit of story progress, so I went for it, knowing top ten in gold trophies without any Snow White characters wasn't going to happen. Welcomed Drizella; brought Daisy Duck to level 4; Elizabeth Swann, Will Turner, and Fairy Godmother all made it to 3. A couple of these were happening before I finished the event storyline that I could do so far, when I realized I could have these characters doing something without a token conflict for the week. After reading the Reddit threads, I decided to gamble on Phil leveling also, and it looks like he's on track to be ready to go to Level 6 right around the time I can welcome Pain, so it might have worked here. I'd probably be short the Vases to level Phil there (you need 50) and to welcome Pain at that time, though, but I think I'll have time to build back up.

Looks like I'll be sitting on right around 17,500 EC or so by the time Pain unlocks tomorrow.

Wow. Talk about terrible token tasks. I took a chance to guess what tasks would be for Pain. Imagine my surprise when like none of them turned out to be useful. In fact very few legacy characters provide a token drop. And the horse needs to be level 4. Wow. Ouch.

I really wish they would spread the token collections out more among the characters. Woody is now collecting for at least three characters in my game, meanwhile there are dozens of other permanent content characters doing nothing.

Wow. Talk about terrible token tasks. I took a chance to guess what tasks would be for Pain. Imagine my surprise when like none of them turned out to be useful. In fact very few legacy characters provide a token drop. And the horse needs to be level 4. Wow. Ouch.

I guessed right on 2 of his Pains hats but that was it. My horse is ready to level to 4, kinda wish I leveled him a day or two ago, but not worth leveling now. While the 4 hour joint hat job for Pain would be nice, it’s not worth it until I welcoming Pain. Better off those 2 for Megs 6h Pain hat and Pegasus 6h Panic job.

I really wish they would spread the token collections out more among the characters. Woody is now collecting for at least three characters in my game, meanwhile there are dozens of other permanent content characters doing nothing.

Agree! It feels like they’ve gotten worse and worse dispensing jobs to different characters. That said, I’ve probably said that for every event. :rotfl:

I didn't anticipate Pegasus needing to be 4, and mine's still at 2, ready to go to 3. Probably will level him to 3 here, since I missed a lot of time today and won't be able to welcome Pain until the morning at the earliest. It also looks like the first mission that requires either Phil or Meg to be at level 5 is still a couple of days away for me, and since Phil is already at 5, and Meg is ready, it won't be too big an issue to spend the common tokens here.

Just welcomed Pain. He has a 5 minute task followed by a 4 hour task (still only level one needed)

Also kicked off a 2 part task for Phil and Meg, they are currently doing other tasks so not sure the details yet

New Raven event started 7 Ravens ever 2 hours

Good news is very little difference between the first two reward levels so just stay in top 500 and be fine (enough tokens to level up an attraction and several radiant chests)

For anyone doing the recruiting 6 Nymphs quest, how is it going for you? Has been really messed up for me. Started last night and had 6 shoes before I got my first lighting bolt. Actually think I started 0/10 for lightning bolts and then went 6/7. Have recruited 4/6 Nymphs and now have all the lightning bolts, but don’t have any shoes. Should have 2 more in 4 hours and will probably buy the remaining two, only 8 gems, so I can get it done tonight. Anyone know what’s next.

Today was busy, and I lost a six hour chunk of the day. I've recruited 3/6 nymphs, need 5 shoes and 1 more bolt to complete the quest. I've read that we need Meg at level 5 for the next quest, so I've got her leveling right now. Losing the time also means I'm further away from getting Pain to level 2 than I would like.

I was hoping to level up Pain quickly as I think he helps with the nymph items, but that's not going well. Collected all day, and could only get two of the three ear hats I still need. Only have two nymphs. Lightning bolts have been impossible to come by, while I've been maxed out with the shoes since earlier this afternoon.

Today was busy, and I lost a six hour chunk of the day. I've recruited 3/6 nymphs, need 5 shoes and 1 more bolt to complete the quest. I've read that we need Meg at level 5 for the next quest, so I've got her leveling right now. Losing the time also means I'm further away from getting Pain to level 2 than I would like.

Yep, Meg has a 4 hour quest that she needs to be level 5 for. Surprised you don’t have that quest, you might want to double check, because I got mine at the same time I got the Nymph quest. Or maybe Pain needs to be level 2, mine is, before you get access to it?
Will finish , before I go bed. Wanted to get a few lightning bolts first, just incase leveling her created a job conflict.

I was hoping to level up Pain quickly as I think he helps with the nymph items, but that's not going well. Collected all day, and could only get two of the three ear hats I still need. Only have two nymphs. Lightning bolts have been impossible to come by, while I've been maxed out with the shoes since earlier this afternoon.

Yeah, lightning bolts are rare items, my 🤬 :rotfl:I’m convinced they mess around with items drop rates throughout an event. Like I said earlier, your luck can change quickly. I started 0/11 (?) and have gone 7/8 or 7/9 since then.

Also, looks like we will have the Nymphs again, so try to stock up a few extra boots/LB before collecting your last one.

At 5 of 6 nymphs, need to level Pain to 3 for his next task. Gonna try to replenish tokens on the last nymph because based on the task list, I agree we’re gonna have to do this again later.

Also currently at 5 of 6 Nymphs and waiting for a couple more tokens from Sandals and lightening before completing that quest, it has really been slow getting hats for leveling Pain, I am still at level 1 on him and still need two more hats but all in good time. Everyone else ready for level 5.

Yep, Meg has a 4 hour quest that she needs to be level 5 for. Surprised you don’t have that quest, you might want to double check, because I got mine at the same time I got the Nymph quest. Or maybe Pain needs to be level 2, mine is, before you get access to it?

The funny thing is I was so focused on those nymphs and I knew she wasn't level 5 yet, I hadn't bothered to check what level that quest was. I've been short of Pain hats for leveling (he's still at Level 1), so Meg's been running her 6 hour task for that pretty much non-stop.

Interestingly enough, I've been super lucky with the Hercules tokens, so I only need two more to enchant one of the buildings even though I haven't bought one of the bundles, and that Statue Garden is looking decently tempting. (I'm in decent shape with the current tapper event for getting the 10 Hercules tokens also, but won't have the common blueprints to do a second building.) I saw that there's some extra tasks that Meg can do once that happens. Having Pegasus and not Panic is pushing me more that direction, also, as Pegasus should be able to help enough with Hercules, I think.... but I might just see how brutal Herc's requirements are on Friday first.

Last edited:
Every time I finish another required task, I keep expecting to hit the Hercules time wall. Nothing yet...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter