Disney Magic Kingdoms

Thanks for all this info! It sounds like characters and maybe some select attractions are the best use of my limited gem supply. Is there a cheat sheet for what each character drops? I can afford Pluto now, but I'm wondering if I'm at a point where the tokens he drops won't do me much. In which case I may be better off trying to save for Rex instead (though maybe I'll be past needing him by the time I save that much too!). If I could only afford the first character in a limited time event, is it even worth bothering?

All the character info is on the DMK wiki. If you've only been playing for 10 days you're not even close to being too far for Pluto. He's probably the single most useful premium character in the entire game, and he has tasks for characters that appear much later (Daisy, Minnie, Donald). Plus he has a 60-second happiness task.

Don't worry about limited-time events right now, you're not far enough along for that stuff to matter, and we have no idea what's coming up, if anything.

I have Nick and Judy at level 8, Flash at 7 and Bogo at 4. After completing tasks that required Nick and Judy to be at level 8, the game has not advanced. I did notice that Nick, Judy and Bogo all have a "build race track" task as their next thing in the list. I am wondering if I am at a point that I can not advance the game unless I get the racetrack? If this is the case that's kinda sad that the only way to advance the game is by luck of the draw with a platinum chest.

I have Nick and Judy at level 8, Flash at 7 and Bogo at 4. After completing tasks that required Nick and Judy to be at level 8, the game has not advanced. I did notice that Nick, Judy and Bogo all have a "build race track" task as their next thing in the list. I am wondering if I am at a point that I can not advance the game unless I get the racetrack? If this is the case that's kinda sad that the only way to advance the game is by luck of the draw with a platinum chest.
I'm closing in on that point also. After burning through several chests bought from Merlin, I'm still without the race track.

I'm closing in on that point also. After burning through several chests bought from Merlin, I'm still without the race track.
Not sure if you two are overthinking this? I don't think you have to already "have" the race track in order to build it. We didn't have the police station or doughnut shop but we were able to build them both. Hell, we never had any of the buildings for the entire game yet we built every one of them. Unless I'm missing something, why would this one be any different?

Not sure if you two are overthinking this? I don't think you have to already "have" the race track in order to build it. We didn't have the police station or doughnut shop but we were able to build them both. Hell, we never had any of the buildings for the entire game yet we built every one of them. Unless I'm missing something, why would this one be any different?
The buildings are usually in the shop but as of right now the only way to get the racetrack is through a platinum chest. I hope this changes and we are able to build it without having to get it through a chest. My point was "IF" you have to have the racetrack to advance the game and the only way to get the racetrack is by luck of the chest then that would be kinda crappy.

There are other quests for other characters that require a specific building. For example, Be Our Guest Restaurant. There are Beauty and the Beast characters that have a task that requires that specific building. But if you did not purchase it during the event, you are out of luck until it is offered again. It was not required to complete the main storyline for Beauty and the Beast. There are some attractions that are required to progress the main story line. For example, I think princess fairy tale hall is one of them, that the game pretty much stops until you build it. The race track opens up different side tasks but is not required for the main story line of finding and welcoming Bogo. (At least as far as I have played the Zootopia expansion.)

The buildings are usually in the shop but as of right now the only way to get the racetrack is through a platinum chest. I hope this changes and we are able to build it without having to get it through a chest. My point was "IF" you have to have the racetrack to advance the game and the only way to get the racetrack is by luck of the chest then that would be kinda crappy.

The only way to advance the game when the chests came out was for Prince Charmings glove, which was either a silver or gold chest and had a horrible drop rate. Now the drop rate from his glove during normal game play is much much better so people aren't stuck there for a long time.

I wasn't sure if the race track would be available as part of the main story line. I remember when they were trying to make people pay for it, which was a joke. Perhaps it was just a way to help people get pawpsicles early until the building became available to everyone. I got mine through a chest, so I'm fine when I get to that point, but I can't see these Gameloft interns leaving people hanging. Other events had blue and yellow tasks, yellows moved the main story line along and the blues were just side tasks. Everything has been yellow so far, so hopefully players don't get stalled when they get to this task?

My point was "IF" you have to have the racetrack to advance the game and the only way to get the racetrack is by luck of the chest then that would be kinda crappy.

I guess I don't see it that way (just my opinion). If that is a game feature, then just go with it and eventually you will get it and can advance. It's funny that I see some people are in such a hurry to get through a facet of the game, but as others can tell you, when you do, there is really nothing more to do. So, why be in a rush? Just my thoughts.

Other events had blue and yellow tasks, yellows moved the main story line along and the blues were just side tasks. Everything has been yellow so far, so hopefully players don't get stalled when they get to this task?

I don't think people will get that "task". From what I can find looking at the wiki, it isn't related to the story-line nor does it have any side tasks. Though it does have an activity with Judy for Nick's Tie Token.

It's funny that I see some people are in such a hurry to get through a facet of the game, but as others can tell you, when you do, there is really nothing more to do. So, why be in a rush? Just my thoughts.

I totally agree. I'm enjoying not having to race through this one. And the game isn't nearly as much fun when I'm all caught up and have nothing left to do.

I just got Bogo to level 5 and then he had another task. Send Bogo to Little Rodentia for donuts. Donut day is a 16 hour task.

Oh, cool, so there's more content, that's good to know. Kinda weird the wiki doesn't list it, though. Thinking about it, it would actually be nice if the game told you when a story-line is over (whether it be a main story-line or a side-quests one). That's something The Simpsons Tapped Out does and I find it quite helpful. :)

I finally have enough elixir to buy one of the attractions in Merlin's shop! I can't decide between whether to get Jumpin Jellyfish or the Golden Zephyr attractions. From what I can tell, Jumpin Jellyfish can help when they do the Striking Gold mini-events, but other than that, there really isn't any reason to get one over the other. Which attraction did other folks get first?

I finally have enough elixir to buy one of the attractions in Merlin's shop! I can't decide between whether to get Jumpin Jellyfish or the Golden Zephyr attractions. From what I can tell, Jumpin Jellyfish can help when they do the Striking Gold mini-events, but other than that, there really isn't any reason to get one over the other. Which attraction did other folks get first?
I have enough elixirs to get both. Trouble is I haven't bothered with either yet. I keep thinking that, once I blow these out on one of these seemingly random attractions, they will go ahead and add something worthwhile. Just like Tower of Terror was only available through the platinum chests, I don't want them to add something cool to Merlin's shop and I'm out of benches.

All the character info is on the DMK wiki. If you've only been playing for 10 days you're not even close to being too far for Pluto. He's probably the single most useful premium character in the entire game, and he has tasks for characters that appear much later (Daisy, Minnie, Donald). Plus he has a 60-second happiness task.

Don't worry about limited-time events right now, you're not far enough along for that stuff to matter, and we have no idea what's coming up, if anything.

Thanks for the link and advice! I finally spent my gems on Pluto today after looking through the wiki at all the character info (haven't decided if I'm going to get pluto's house next or open the 2nd chest pedestal as I can't afford both right now). I'm now 17 days in, even more hooked than before, and working on collecting all my goodies to welcome Daisy, Mike, and Ms Swann. Just opened space mountain today, Cinderella is about 30 minutes from being welcomed, I finally maxed out Mickey yesterday, and I have 6 characters ready for leveling up again...

Is there a help group to get me over my addiction?? LOL

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with videos? I keep trying to watch the ads to earn my extra gems for the day and I keep getting an error that videos are unavailable right now. Anyone else getting this or know what I should do? Thanks

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with videos? I keep trying to watch the ads to earn my extra gems for the day and I keep getting an error that videos are unavailable right now. Anyone else getting this or know what I should do? Thanks

Mine have been like that off and on today.

I've had the same error message for the past 24 hours. I just tried now, and I was able to watch my two ads for gems. I find about every month or so there is a day when the ads are not available, but then by the next day it's back to working. It's frustrating to miss out on those two gems, but I just write it off as a glitch and wait for it to sort itself out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter