Disney Magic Kingdoms

I have dopey. At level three he can for tokens get worker garden sheers or grumpy ears. I'm not sure where he is more helpful. Garden sheers don't seem to be a problem to come by even without dopey. Is dopey better used getting grumpy ears?

He has a 4 hour task that came up when he hit level 3 so I had him do that today after the 12 hour task overnight and then I will have him get shears until about 6pm but then back to the 12 hour tasks (got one Grumpy head from him overnight last night)

There’s been a lot of comments over the last day or so about Grumpy and the increased element of gambling in this game. Personally, I don’t have a problem with gambling in itself. But what I find completely indefensible and inexcusable from Gameloft, is their refusal to publish the odds of obtaining each prize, including the odds of winning Grumpy outright.

In almost any other form of gambling you know the odds when placing your bet. At least then you can make an informed decision on whether, and how much, to bet. But not in this game.

I think it’s disgusting and challenge anyone at Gameloft to respond to my post and defend their refusal to publish the odds.

Simply saying an item is “legendary” is no good. There is clearly a huge difference in the probability of obtaining Grumpy’s ear hat and winning him outright, despite both being categorised as legendary.

For the most part I agree with what you said. That said, I’d prefer that he was purchasable with gems, say 500-600 gems. I don’t like the gambling aspect, especially when we really don’t know the odds.

Also agree with what you said about what legendary really means, but that’s just part of the problem. We’re on day 3 and there are just to many questions left to be answered: How many magic chests will we have the chance/ability to get for the length of the event? Will their be additional ways to get them? Will we be able to get him after the event is over? Until I know more I’m not willing to spend 100s of gems to purchase magic chests.

One thing I really wish they did was remove the gem reward for leveling a SW character and reward a magic chest instead.

So is gems the only way to get the new magic chests for Grumpy? I got one from the advent calendar, but I have almost no gems, so don't see how I can ever get enough of his tokens. Oh, maybe I will get one with the clouds. Oh well, I have to hope I get REALLY lucky... this whole event seems skewed towards those who have been playing for ages and have a million potions and hundreds of gems, or those who have lots to spend. 3.99 for Dopey is my limit, it's Christmas you know, there are lots of things that need real money right now.

So is gems the only way to get the new magic chests for Grumpy? I got one from the advent calendar, but I have almost no gems, so don't see how I can ever get enough of his tokens. Oh, maybe I will get one with the clouds. Oh well, I have to hope I get REALLY lucky... this whole event seems skewed towards those who have been playing for ages and have a million potions and hundreds of gems, or those who have lots to spend. 3.99 for Dopey is my limit, it's Christmas you know, there are lots of things that need real money right now.

I've been playing for a long time, have millions of magic, quite a few gems saved up, etc. And none of that is really helping me with this one. I've chosen not to spend real money on this Grumpy thing just out of sheer principle. It's not that I "can't" afford Grumpy, it's that I find this entire thing distasteful and refuse to pay them for chests that might or might not give me what I want. I also have better places to use that money. I agree that, in general, it really gets easier after you have played for a while (I remember feeling really, really behind lots of people here in terms of characters and main storyline), but Grumpy is a straight out money grab and I don't think it's really any easier for me than it is for anyone else who isn't willing to just spend a ton of money until the get him. I had the one chest so far, with one owl in it. And nothing else Grumpy related. But I'm feeling grumpy. Does that count? :rotfl:

For the most part I agree with what you said. That said, I’d prefer that he was purchasable with gems, say 500-600 gems. I don’t like the gambling aspect, especially when we really don’t know the odds.

Also agree with what you said about what legendary really means, but that’s just part of the problem. We’re on day 3 and there are just to many questions left to be answered: How many magic chests will we have the chance/ability to get for the length of the event? Will their be additional ways to get them? Will we be able to get him after the event is over? Until I know more I’m not willing to spend 100s of gems to purchase magic chests.

One thing I really wish they did was remove the gem reward for leveling a SW character and reward a magic chest instead.
I'd prefer it too if we had at least the option of purchasing him outright for gems.

That's a good idea - awarding magic chests for levelling event characters. But I fear the developers are too greedy to even consider it.

So I have taken my first full-length practice test today and I am a few minutes away from welcoming Sneezy, not too shabby thus far! (considering the time I have lol)

Congratulations on both counts! I bet that test was looooooonnnnnngggggg. Hang in there! :goodvibes:

I'd prefer it too if we had at least the option of purchasing him outright for gems.

That's a good idea - awarding magic chests for levelling event characters. But I fear the developers are too greedy to even consider it.

I agree. I have played other games, like Gardenscapes and Township and, while you can spend real money in both, I never felt like I HAD to or I'd get punished later on (as in not having the costumes to make the characters I worked so hard to earn able to actually be useful in this event). I played those two for a long time without ever feeling pushed to spend. I have no problem spending something on a game I enjoy, but I sure don't enjoy it when it feels like low-level extortion. ;) So hear that, interns. I only spend when I DONT have to. Frankly I'd rather pay for a longer Disney vacation than a few pixels.

I've been playing for a long time, have millions of magic, quite a few gems saved up, etc. And none of that is really helping me with this one. I've chosen not to spend real money on this Grumpy thing just out of sheer principle. It's not that I "can't" afford Grumpy, it's that I find this entire thing distasteful and refuse to pay them for chests that might or might not give me what I want. I also have better places to use that money. I agree that, in general, it really gets easier after you have played for a while (I remember feeling really, really behind lots of people here in terms of characters and main storyline), but Grumpy is a straight out money grab and I don't think it's really any easier for me than it is for anyone else who isn't willing to just spend a ton of money until the get him. I had the one chest so far, with one owl in it. And nothing else Grumpy related. But I'm feeling grumpy. Does that count? :rotfl:
Yes! Chests are great for nice to have items, the occasional suprise treat and a bit of extra help. But having to rely on them makes me feel very uncomfortable, especially with there being SO MANY owl tokens required. I guess I will wait and see what happens. I stupidly thought it was going to be the ordinary chests that gave the tokens and ears for Grumpy, not ones that we would have to buy...

Like many, Grumpy is making me grumpy. I had over 700 gems starting this event. Between buying a dopey, opening my last Parade slot and buying a few magical chests, my gems were depleted. I bought a gem package to boost it back up. I have to be honest, I get that some don’t want to spend real money on this, but in life i find that I do spend a fair bit of money for things that entertain me, I count this as one of those. It’s not uncommon for me to drop $20 or so per event. That being said, it seems to me that it’s going to take a lot more than that to get Grumpy based on the drop rate I’ve had so far. ☹️

And one other comment/question...where is Snow Whites prince?!?

Really? Today I've gotten two worthless gold chests and a few silver chests, but having problems finding bronze! Problem is so far for this event bronzes are the only chests that give any useful items. I believe it's 4 different SW items, non of the other chests offer SW items. I know that will change later in the event, but seems like they didn’t really think that out to Well.

Building the Magic Mirror now! Will be ready for when I wake up tomorrow. Haven't been able to be active in the mini event but somehow I am 20th with only 30 lol I really do hate these clouds like many others mentioned above

Last edited:
Building the Magic Mirror now! Will be ready for when I wake up tomorrow. Haven't been able to be active in the mini event but somehow I am 20th with only 30 lol I really do hate these clouds like many others mentioned above

I think I'm the only person on this forum that loves the clouds! They are cute and sparkly, though I agree that they hide VERY well which can make them a pain on occasion.

Congrats on the tests so far and you are keeping up well with the quest line here too. After building magic mirror I think it's Doc and Sneezy that each have a fairly short quest. There is also 2nd crow tapper quest in there somewhere with 15 crows every 10 min or so. I've got all 3 characters to level 3 now and am working on Doc pulling himself together for 4? hours. We'll see after that.

So far I got:
Doc - Level 5
Sneezy - Level 4
Dopey - Level 3

currently on a 6 hour Doc/Sneezy mission called Save Snow... Soon
Followed up with a 2 part quest, Take One For The Team:
  • Sneezy - Hold Down The Fort (2h)
  • Doc - Search Alone (1h)

Last edited:
So far I got:
Doc - Level 5
Sneezy - Level 4
Dopey - Level 3

currently on a 6 hour Doc/Sneezy mission called Save Snow... Soon
Followed up with a 2 part quest, Take One For The Team:
  • Sneezy - Hold Down The Fort (2h)
  • Doc - Search Alone (1h)

Looks like we’re basically at about the same spot.

So far I got:
Doc - Level 5
Sneezy - Level 4
Dopey - Level 4

Was planning on sending on Doc/Sneezy on the 6h mission right before bed, but accidently send them early, so it will be done at 3am for me.

my happiness has been tanking from this update. The ads for chests and parade happiness ether time out so I miss out on them all together or its the damn frosted flakes hokey game that crashes so I miss out on it and have to reload the game =_=

my game is still a pain in the a.. as the ad's don't work ... *sigh*

also the grumpy thing bothers me. it may seem like a 'fresh' feature, something new, but 60 owls and 40 hats?!?
who thought about this high number? at that point it is purely about selling gems... it is impossible to get him just with free resources unless you may have accumulated hundreds of gems before which most people don't... it is sad that it is about the $.. know game loft is not a charity organization but they should keep the payable things for additional things like special set's or something, not for chests which may help you with characters t get or may not.... i got one owl from the chest... why should i spent 15 gems on a chest which may give me only one owl? it won't be very helpful when i need 60(!!) of them...

someone actually got grumpy out of the chests?

So, I live in Maryland and cannot participate in the current Facebook game for 250 gems. I suspect it is because of Maryland on line gaming law. I wonder that the gaming associated with legendary chests and Grumpy do not violate the law as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!