Disney Magic Kingdoms

I think I'm the only person on this forum that loves the clouds! They are cute and sparkly, though I agree that they hide VERY well which can make them a pain on occasion.

Congrats on the tests so far and you are keeping up well with the quest line here too. After building magic mirror I think it's Doc and Sneezy that each have a fairly short quest. There is also 2nd crow tapper quest in there somewhere with 15 crows every 10 min or so. I've got all 3 characters to level 3 now and am working on Doc pulling himself together for 4? hours. We'll see after that.
Thank you and thank you for what is to come next so I can prepare for that as well!!

Was planning on sending on Doc/Sneezy on the 6h mission right before bed, but accidently send them early, so it will be done at 3am for me.
Sent him on it this morning, he will be done in 2 hours but I won't be able to play until 2 so I didn't plan that out very well either.

So, I live in Maryland and cannot participate in the current Facebook game for 250 gems. I suspect it is because of Maryland on line gaming law. I wonder that the gaming associated with legendary chests and Grumpy do not violate the law as well.

Wow that’s interesting! You’d think the grumpy thing would violate it too

Looks like we’re basically at about the same spot.

So far I got:
Doc - Level 5
Sneezy - Level 4
Dopey - Level 4

Was planning on sending on Doc/Sneezy on the 6h mission right before bed, but accidently send them early, so it will be done at 3am for me.

I got the Welcome Bashful notice, so I guess I'm done with red missions until tomorrow. Doc & Sneezy are at level 4 ready to level up as soon as Alice finishes. Dopey is at 4 too and needs 1 ear to go to five.

Grumpy, well the original gift magic chest gave me 2 owls. Since I'm currently #1 on the cloud challenge, I'm ignoring him until I see what happens with the prize magic chests. Not a fan of buying chests on the hope of getting needed items, so I'm guessing Grumpy will be the 1st character I don't get before the end of an event.

I have Doc at 5, Sneezy at 4, and Dopey at 3. I tried sending him out for a grumpy hat and he did come home with one. But now I have one hat and one owl. Not really thinking it’s worth it at this point. Meanwhile I slept well last night, so of course that means I dropped down in the cloud competition. Frankly, I’d rather have a good night sleep if I have the choice so I can’t complain.

I don’t even see the option to purchase magic chests? Where are people finding that... I can’t find it in chests or bundles or the event menu

Also not sure which I like less: the clouds or the trees!

I don’t even see the option to purchase magic chests? Where are people finding that... I can’t find it in chests or bundles or the event menu

Also not sure which I like less: the clouds or the trees!

It’s in your chest button/tab window. On the top left portion of the screen, click on the buy chests tab. it should be the first option.

Why choose? Nothing wrong with disliking them both equally. :thumbsup2

I can't tell you how tempted I am to message Gameloft and give them a piece of my mind.

First - another event that was so close to AiW AND during the holidays? People are busy spending time with family and friends, and purchasing gifts. Not dropping cash on a game. Shame on them, this is straight up greed.

Second - my husband is a casual player. We started playing at the same time. I'm more "serious" than him. We've both spent some money on the game since we started playing almost exactly one year ago. Imagine my surprise when he had 35 gems yesterday and got 2 magic chests. In the first one was Grumpy tokens, and the last one - HE GOT GRUMPY. Seriously? The odds should be published.

I'm so mad over this event. I may just play to see how far I get, and delete the game. It was fun for a year, but greed is taking over.

Last edited:
I find the clouds much worse than the trees, in terms of searching that is. The fact that the trees are a multi-step process? So annoying. But at least I can see them. The clouds just blend in too well. It must be easier on an iPad, but I play on my little phone screen.

It’s the eighth cloud for me. It’s the bane of my very existence every two hours. Clouds 1-5 are usually grouped together. 6-7 I can find after staring at it for a hot minute. . .but 8??? Oh he’s the worst of them aaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll.
I always have problems with the 8th cloud. Usually if I force shut the game and re-open it the 8th cloud pops up where the majority of other clouds were. I also have had luck with doing this with the firecrackers/spooky spiders/etc...

I find the clouds much worse than the trees, in terms of searching that is. The fact that the trees are a multi-step process? So annoying. But at least I can see them. The clouds just blend in too well. It must be easier on an iPad, but I play on my little phone screen.

Also, the fact that you clicking on the tree tab above quests really helps! I’d be so happy if they did the same thing with the clouds. It would make the process so much better and faster!

My plan was to wait to start the clouds late and start when I woke up yesterday. Problem is I must have clicked on one the night before. Shouldn’t have a problem finishing in the top 50, currently 16th, but the 2 or 3 cycles I missed while sleeping will keep me out of top 5. :confused3

At least I’ve been able to play clouds casually and not worry about getting all 8 every 2 hours. If I get 6 or 7 every 3 or 4 hours I’m happy.:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Me thinks you are missing the part about the clouds being a contest...?

Nope, not missing that part. I understand it’s a contest and why they do it the way they do. Just making an observation, that the other would be better “for us”.

Just find them frustrating. Maybe that why the trophy contests are my favorite. I know which building and characters produce them.

I can't tell you how tempted I am to message Gameloft and give them a piece of my mind.

First - another event that was so close to AiW AND during the holidays? People are busy spending time with family and friends, and purchasing gifts. Not dropping cash on a game. Shame on them, this is straight up greed.

Second - my husband is a casual player. We started playing at the same time. I'm more "serious" than him. We've both spent some money on the game since we started playing almost exactly one year ago. Imagine my surprise when he had 35 gems yesterday and got 2 magic chests. In the first one was Grumpy tokens, and the last one - HE GOT GRUMPY. Seriously? The odds should be published.

I'm so mad over this event. I may just play to see how far I get, and delete the game. It was fun for a year, but greed is taking over.
He probably has the race track too unlike many of us. Lol

I encourage everyone to dig out your old phones and get the game on it to start gaming the system with the magic chests. play normally on your current phone and crate a cloud save state; after playing and collecting some magic, go to social, go back, close and then reload the game. After the game has reloaded on your main phone start it on your secondary phone and select the cloud save data. use as many gems as you want to on the magic chests and if you don't get grumpy restart the game on your main phone and select local data. rinse and repeat as much as you have the patience for. no guarantee but at least your not throwing hard earned gems away. I've been doing this in my free time and still haven't gotten him after opening hundreds of chests. I'm only willing to do upto 500 gems a round, the amount of the most expensive gem characters.

just as a warning, when reloading the game on your main phone after attempting to get grumpy it might look like the cloud save state is still the one you made but don't risk clicking on it, it sometimes updates right then so them gems you spent will be gone, always go for the safe local data.

don't be afraid to play dirty if their gonna play dirty

It’s the eighth cloud for me. It’s the bane of my very existence every two hours. Clouds 1-5 are usually grouped together. 6-7 I can find after staring at it for a hot minute. . .but 8??? Oh he’s the worst of them aaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll.
So true. The last cloud is always in another part of my kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter