Disney Magic Russia with Mickey DCL 7/22 +Navigators Video & Photos

What a great resource, thanks for sharing, I've enjoyed reading it all through in one session! Very excited as we've booked a 7 night from Copenhagen for next year, I remembered you were doing this cruise and I know we will only have one day in Saint Petersburg but I am so looking forward to it!

What a great resource, thanks for sharing, I've enjoyed reading it all through in one session! Very excited as we've booked a 7 night from Copenhagen for next year, I remembered you were doing this cruise and I know we will only have one day in Saint Petersburg but I am so looking forward to it!
You will have a fabulous cruise, great ports, if you follow what we did it will be your best vacation ever.

Think we will definitely book a private tour in St Petersburg - I want to see it all! Especially the Hermitage, Catherine Palace and Peterhof and hopefully we will be able to manage it in one day by doing it this way. How far out did you arrange yours?

Think we will definitely book a private tour in St Petersburg - I want to see it all! Especially the Hermitage, Catherine Palace and Peterhof and hopefully we will be able to manage it in one day by doing it this way. How far out did you arrange yours?

Elaine,

Hello, I arrange mine about 18 months out, Anastasia are always very helpful but prices can change that far out. They should have good availability so no need to do it too soon.

I went in 2010 and 2015 for two days each, and they did what I wanted.

Now Catherine Palace and Peterhof are about an hour drive out of town, Catherines south, and Peterhof more south west so a gap between the two. I say this to manage expectations, what can be done.

We had two full days and one evening.

A private tour is the way to go, you can never get the same in on a DCL tour and half the 55 on a bus sees the inside and doesn't have a window seat.

From the Peterhof request the hydrofoil back it's quicker, the car driver will start back as you get off and is driving back as you your the gardens then get the hydrofoil. You get a good view of the ships in port.

If you are in port in the evening, ask about evening activities such as a canal bost tour, also fir maximum time, cut lunch and food, to quicker service places that Russians use.

Thank you, as always you're so helpful! I have been looking at the Active one day tour on Anastasia's site, it does include Catherine Palace, Peterhoff, hydrofoil trip back to town, Hermitage and Saviour of Spilt blood. We're in port until 11:30pm so a canal boat trip would be great to finish off. I couldn't find anything about how to pay on the website, did you pay in advance by card or on the day?

Thank you, as always you're so helpful! I have been looking at the Active one day tour on Anastasia's site, it does include Catherine Palace, Peterhoff, hydrofoil trip back to town, Hermitage and Saviour of Spilt blood. We're in port until 11:30pm so a canal boat trip would be great to finish off. I couldn't find anything about how to pay on the website, did you pay in advance by card or on the day?
1/ Whilst they have an example of a tour there you can customise it for your likes. See mine what I added in and I took out the city tour. - you see it as you drive around anyway. Now you can pay on the day, but both times near Christmas they had an offer to pre pay, for me it was 50% off. So I pre paid. Some credit cards do not work there. I have used cards and also paid by bank international payment, care some banks get it wrong, double check they follow the special rules for Russia.

Thank you again :) I'll look forward to seeing your Norway/Iceland photos after your upcoming cruise, hope you have a great time.

Disney Fantasy, how much you think the tour guide and driver tips should be? Thank you

Disney Fantasy, how much you think the tour guide and driver tips should be? Thank you
Firstly as you imply it's best to tip both and they do live on tips. The driver will be less, as it's the guide who will be with you every minute and giving you all the information. I can only give you an indication as tipping is personal. On Anastasia's paperwork it will suggest 10%. This is for the guide. The overall cost for us, a family of four, was in the region of $1000 so the tip should have been $100. That would be fine, but we had a superb guide so we tipped more. The driver we tipped in spare Roubles that we had we worked it out to be around $50. Remember ours was two days and one night. You can tip in Roubles, $ or Euros, make sure the $ or Euros are clean notes not ripped and not the very highest denominations. The cost of living there is lower than us, so the tip goes a long way, if you buy food locally as we did you will see how cheap it is. I paid for the guide to eat with us, it's a nice gesture and quite inexpensive. In the end I can tell you this is a guide but work around 10%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!