Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to give a friendly reminder to any Cast Members here that you have until January 31st to choose Disney+ over your Main Entrance Passes.
If you want to keep your MEP you don't need to do anything, if you want Disney+ then go to the HUB and follow the link from the main page under Featured News

I noticed Frozen 2 is coming to video in late February, any forecast for it coming to Disney+ ?
Short answer: I have no clue.

BUT, honestly I assume that it would be similar time-frames from exclusive video sales before streaming rights. Any film/distribution company will want to maximize video sales before going to the streaming market. I am curious though as to if/how the video market may be shrinking this timeline as more and more people latch onto streaming services. Still, there are lots of people who rely on video only or have internet service that is too poor for quality streaming in their (primarily rural) areas.

Not really news, but thought this was neat - the Mandelorian was all shot indoors utilizing giant rear projections screens to shoot film with those "real" (projected) backgrounds (not adding in CGI afterwards)

Yeah, there's a name for that, but I can't remember it right now. A couple of other productions have used this. It's like using green-screen except the actors can even see the backgrounds surrounding them. It's cool stuff.

Yeah, there's a name for that, but I can't remember it right now. A couple of other productions have used this. It's like using green-screen except the actors can even see the backgrounds surrounding them. It's cool stuff.
They're using the "Unreal" gaming engine to create video backgrounds in pre-production rather than shooting in front of a green screen and adding CGI in post-production. This allows the actors to interact more realistically with their surrroundings. As the video link below shows, it also means lighting, reflections, etc. are real and don't have to be added in digitally.

Unreal Engine Video

We just finished episode 2 and are really enjoy it also!
[/Q

Yea, it is pretty good - my kids noticed right away that Nathan Arenas is in it too - he played Jorge in that other little Disney Channel gem "Bunk'd" lol

The lead is pretty good - she reminds me of the girl that played young "Selena" in movie of the same - they are also binging "Wizards of Waverly Place", which was before their time -

The Phandom Menace is reporting there are major problems with the Obi Wan series. I can not say more because I don’t want to risk further penalties.

Go to YouTube and search Obi wan and you will see the reports.

https://variety.com/2020/scene/news/willow-disney-plus-series-ron-howard-update-1203484915/
I feel like D+ needs something soon. The Mandalorian has been over for a month. There is very little original content for anyone but kids right now. It is quite apparent why they were so anxious to lock people in for 12 months or 3 years. Lots of things have been rumored or talked about, but little of it is due this year.

For me, the archive stuff was the selling point. Original programming was just gravy. There are a lot more catalog titles they can add though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!