Disney... Party of Three! - Rescheduled Date TBD (New 9/21 - New PTR Link)

Nice preemptive strike there. ::yes::

I don't feel the need for everything to be equal... but I also know what works. ;)

Good luck!

It's not looking very good as now I absolutely don't see anything before 12:30, but I'd hold the ADR and see how things shake out. As an alternative we could eat at Akershus for lunch and go to Le Cellier for dinner (essentially swap the two ADRs), but I feel like Akershus makes so much more sense for dinner. The waiting game continues!

Then Disney released their After Hours events… and scheduled the Villains After Hours the night we were going to go to the dessert party and see the Magic Kingdom Fireworks. :rolleyes:
As they tend to always do... I wish they'd post these things sooner because I can't think of a trip that we haven't had to re-arrange plans because of something like this coming out after we already had things planned out.
I was really annoyed, but as most PPO breakfasts tend to admit you in the order you check in I think we’ll be fine.
::yes:: And always just keep checking back. I'm sure you'll find something. If you're on touringplans, make sure you use their tool that checks for ADRs opening up! Might work for both this and LeCellier.

Just got all caught up on your PTR. Your plans look great. Those are all some of our favorite restaurants!

Joining in, albeit super late.

Yay for the Poly Villas! I think that's going to be part of our next trip- the resort is just so gorgeous and I know my girls would love it.

Oh my goodness, that is a lot of food!! It's a great assortment of places, though, and awesome if you know you like to do that many sit downs.

As they tend to always do... I wish they'd post these things sooner because I can't think of a trip that we haven't had to re-arrange plans because of something like this coming out after we already had things planned out.

I imagine it won't be any better once we're actually able to go... who knows if they'll even be hosting these extra events?!

::yes:: And always just keep checking back. I'm sure you'll find something. If you're on touringplans, make sure you use their tool that checks for ADRs opening up! Might work for both this and LeCellier.

That's certainly true - you can usually find what you want if you keep looking.

Just got all caught up on your PTR. Your plans look great. Those are all some of our favorite restaurants!

:welcome: Jon! Thanks so much for joining in!

We'll be planning all over again once we're able to go... but I think we'll stick with many of the same restaurants. We really had everything planned so well!

Joining in, albeit super late.

Yay for the Poly Villas! I think that's going to be part of our next trip- the resort is just so gorgeous and I know my girls would love it.

Oh my goodness, that is a lot of food!! It's a great assortment of places, though, and awesome if you know you like to do that many sit downs.
:welcome: Thanks so much for joining in!

I'm super sad to have cancelled our reservation at the Poly Villas... it would've be so much fun! I would absolutely do the point rental again - it was super easy and DVC Rental was excellent to work with. I hope when we're able to reschedule our trip we'll have another shot at the Poly Villas!

I started eating that way during my 2012 Disney Trip and I've done it every time since. Our 2012 trip involved the Deluxe Dining Plan (which was ABSOLUTELY too much food!), but now we just order a few things or share meals so it's really not too much. I love the atmosphere and variety of the restaurants and find it forces me to take a break (and keep hydrated with plenty of water and iced tea). I hope M will still be up for restaurant meals once this is all over - she's always been excellent at restaurants, but now it will be awhile before we dine-in!

One Day Left... Or Not
a.k.a. Darn the Pandemic

My post today (and posts that should have written over the past few months), should have been full of building excitement about our upcoming trip. We should have been on our way to Disney tomorrow, ready to check-in to our beautiful room at the Poly Villas and enjoy our first Disney meal at Via Napoli.

Enter the pandemic.

I feel very silly being so sad about something that is definitely a trivial thing. We are healthy, our families are healthy, and we are still employed. This is not a once-in-a-lifetime moment like a wedding or graduation - Disney World will still be there! I have some concerns due to my husband's job in healthcare and our older parents, but thus far we've fared well. We're very fortunate and I can't overlook that. That is what is actually important.

Still, DARN IT! I was SO looking forward to showing my family (and especially M!) Disney World!

M is just shy of two-years-old, but I'm 100% certain she would've loved Disney. She can name multiple Disney characters (Mickey and Minnie seem to be the favorites) as well as a few princesses (I think Ariel is her favorite, but she also seems partial to Belle and Rapunzel). She can even name all seven dwarves in one of her Look and Find books! (There are ADULTS who don't know the seven dwarves!) She also ADORES Olaf, so I think meeting him would've been a wonderful highlight. I'm also certain she would've loved the rides based on how she loves to move "fast!" and "spin!"

Trip reporting-wise, it was fairly easy to cancel everything. The pandemic news was building just before our Fastpass window opened, so I ended up not even buying our park tickets. We knew we wouldn't be comfortable traveling if COVID-19 was going full-force. That turned our to be a good decision as Disney World closed a few days after our window opened.

For the first time in my life I purchased travel insurance for our accommodations. I think I was nervous about the inability to cancel, so I caved on my usual "I don't need travel insurance" stance. That turned out to be an excellent decision as we cancelled in time to receive a full refund. DVC Rental Store continued to be excellent to work with and I would re-book with them in a heartbeat. I also believe they were flexible with other families that did not purchase the travel insurance. I didn't read their messages as closely as we were already covered, but they sent several emails with updates and seem very customer-oriented about working with folks during this unprecedented time.

Similar to many others we were unable to get refunds on our airfare, but we're hopeful our airlines will survive and we'll be able to use our funds within the next two years.

I know Disney World will reopen before we feel comfortable flying and being there. I know Disney may change long-term, but I'd really like our visit to be without masks and to include fireworks and character meals. As such, I don't see us traveling before a vaccine is available so this may be a rather long pre-trip report!

As she always does, my mom made me feel better about missing out on M's first trip. She assured me that I found Disney World completely magical when I visited as both a four- and six-year old. She's convinced M will think everything is amazing even if we have to wait a year or two to visit. Plus, imagine how many characters she'll know by then!

In the meantime, I look forward to rejoining your trip reports... and maybe finally finishing my own?! (We don't need to hold our breath on that one, but you never know!)

Thank you for joining in and for hopefully continuing to follow along as we wait and then re-plan our trip. I look forward to making it just as magical as this trip would've been!

To end on a happy note, here is our family for the past few months - M has grown a ton!

A very socially distanced hike (thank goodness we've been able to get outside and hike safely!):

IMG_3713_zpsyzj8pppu.jpg

Our best version of a recent "family portrait":

IMG_3652_zpslgaax9z4.jpg

And finally, the adorable M with her "earmuffs" while Daddy is using the "LOUD!" lawnmower:

IMG_3816_zpsh8eg6rto.jpg

At least it's been great fun to spend so much time with this adorable little lady during this trying time. :love:

Best wishes of happiness and good health to all of you! Here's to the future!

I’m so sorry that you had to cancel M’s 1st trip. This whole time is so trying. I look forward to the day I get to read all about it!

I'm so glad you posted, I've been wondering where and how you are! Also glad you guys are doing well :goodvibes Crazy weird scary times for sure but I remain hopeful that we're on our way to better days and that's coming from a New Yorker!

It really stinks having to cancel for sure; we had our April Disney cruise that was supposed to be for my son's 18th birthday cancelled and then our Memorial Day Disney trip too; waiting on our June trip to also go down the drain so now fingers crossed for July 4th! I started a PTR just to have a reason to stay on the boards and not get sad :)

And finally, the adorable M with her "earmuffs" while Daddy is using the "LOUD!" lawnmower:
Our DGD is almost 2 and HATES loud noises, her mom has to hold her when she vacuums lol. Today they were over and we all went for a walk; a few guys were mowing their lawns and she freaked a bit when we went by. I know to them it's not funny but I think it's cute!

My post today (and posts that should have written over the past few months), should have been full of building excitement about our upcoming trip. We should have been on our way to Disney tomorrow, ready to check-in to our beautiful room at the Poly Villas and enjoy our first Disney meal at Via Napoli.

Enter the pandemic.
Sigh...
I feel very silly being so sad about something that is definitely a trivial thing.
No, it's not trivial. You are allowed to be sad at a disappointment.
Is it the worst thing ever? No... But you're still allowed to feel down about it.
M is just shy of two-years-old,
Whoa! How did that even happen???
She can even name all seven dwarves in one of her Look and Find books! (There are ADULTS who don't know the seven dwarves!)
Uh, oh... That's me.
I always forget... um...

Dopey
Doc
Sneezy
Bashful
Happy
Grumpy...

<googles>
SLEEPY!!

I forget Sleepy.

For the first time in my life I purchased travel insurance for our accommodations. I think I was nervous about the inability to cancel, so I caved on my usual "I don't need travel insurance" stance. That turned out to be an excellent decision as we cancelled in time to receive a full refund. DVC Rental Store continued to be excellent to work with and I would re-book with them in a heartbeat.
Nice move!
Similar to many others we were unable to get refunds on our airfare, but we're hopeful our airlines will survive and we'll be able to use our funds within the next two years.
Yep. Me too.
As she always does, my mom made me feel better about missing out on M's first trip. She assured me that I found Disney World completely magical when I visited as both a four- and six-year old.
You're mom sounds like a smart woman. :)
She's convinced M will think everything is amazing even if we have to wait a year or two to visit. Plus, imagine how many characters she'll know by then!
I took my youngest when she was 4 and then 8. She has zero recollection of her first time.
(But she had fun. :))
Our best version of a recent "family portrait":
Nice shot! :)
Awww...

I'm glad to hear you are all safe and healthy. 🥰 So sorry you had to cancel M's first trip- we were supposed to be in Disney right now too and I know it's small in the grand scheme of everything going on but we're allowed to be sad too.

And your mom is right! I didn't go to WDW until I was 10 and I fell in love so whenever it is you're able to take M, she'll love it!

I'm so disappointed for you that M's first trip has to be postponed! I know how exciting a first trip can be. You're absolutely allowed to feel sad about the missed opportunities. However, as tough as it might be, just remind yourself how sweet the trip will be when you do get to go! Everything will feel twice as magical and special. And if you have to wait 1-2 more years, M will only get taller and be able to ride more attractions. You never know, she might hit that 40 inch threshold and a whole new slew of ride options will open up!

I’m so sorry that you had to cancel M’s 1st trip. This whole time is so trying. I look forward to the day I get to read all about it!

Thank you, Cindi. It will certainly happen someday - I'm very hopeful it will be within the next year or so. I'm really hoping we'll be able to go before M's third birthday so she's still "free." :thumbsup2

I'm so glad you posted, I've been wondering where and how you are! Also glad you guys are doing well :goodvibes Crazy weird scary times for sure but I remain hopeful that we're on our way to better days and that's coming from a New Yorker!

Hi, Ariane! Sorry I disappeared for awhile! It's been nice to be back and (slowly!) get back into the magic! Especially considering the news is now even more of a dumpster fire (understandably so, but still depressing), it's nice to have a place to escape for some mostly upbeat and happy news.

I hope you and your family are continuing to be okay in New York! I feel for much of the country, but especially those in New York and the tri-state area. :love:

It really stinks having to cancel for sure; we had our April Disney cruise that was supposed to be for my son's 18th birthday cancelled and then our Memorial Day Disney trip too; waiting on our June trip to also go down the drain so now fingers crossed for July 4th! I started a PTR just to have a reason to stay on the boards and not get sad :)

I haven't had a chance to comment on your reports yet, but I saw how many trips you've had to cancel or shift. It's such a bummer! Since I'm not anxious to travel anywhere I certainly wouldn't be anxious to go on a contained cruise ship right now... but I look forward to hopefully going on a Disney Cruise someday! I'm so sorry you had to miss out on so many fun experiences. With the July re-opening, hopefully you'll be able to be there for your late July trip!

:laughing:Our DGD is almost 2 and HATES loud noises, her mom has to hold her when she vacuums lol. Today they were over and we all went for a walk; a few guys were mowing their lawns and she freaked a bit when we went by. I know to them it's not funny but I think it's cute!

M is like her mother in that she usually doesn't like startling sudden noises (honestly, her dad is a bit like that, too!), but usually sustained noises don't seem to bother her. I brought down the earmuff headphones just in case (I'd originally bought them for things like Disney fireworks!) and was surprised when she was so into wearing them. I thought for sure she'd rip them right off! :laughing:

No, it's not trivial. You are allowed to be sad at a disappointment.
Is it the worst thing ever? No... But you're still allowed to feel down about it.

Thank you, I appreciate that! I was just looking forward to it so much... but imagine how wonderful it will be when we can finally go!

I'm sorry that your trips have also probably been impacted. What a year to buy an annual pass!

Whoa! How did that even happen???

I know! I feel like she was just a baby! As it's finally getting warm enough here, I dressed her in a tee shirt, shorts, and sandals... and I'm like, "where did this little girl come from?!" It's crazy how big she's getting! Slow down, time!

Uh, oh... That's me.
I always forget... um...

Dopey
Doc
Sneezy
Bashful
Happy
Grumpy...

<googles>
SLEEPY!!

I forget Sleepy.

Sneezy is the one I had to look up. Doc, Dopey, Happy, and Grumpy are pretty easy to identify, while Bashful, Sleepy, and Sneezy all kind-of look the same for me! :laughing:

Nice move!

There's a first time for everything. Thank goodness I picked the right first time!

Yep. Me too.

As long as the airlines stay in business, I'm sure we'll have no problem using the points. We're really looking forward to traveling once we feel it's safe!

You're mom sounds like a smart woman. :)

My mom is ALWAYS a smart woman. :thumbsup2

I took my youngest when she was 4 and then 8. She has zero recollection of her first time.
(But she had fun. :))

I had an excellent time when I went at four and six years old, and my sister had a great time when she went at seven and nine. I'm sure whenever our first trip is that M will LOVE it.

Selfishly, I'd just love if we could travel before M is three so we didn't need to get a park ticket or pay for her at buffets. It would be a much more economical trip!

Nice shot! :)

Thank you!

LOTS of family time these days... but I'd say that's an upside to this pandemic!

I'm glad to hear you are all safe and healthy. 🥰 So sorry you had to cancel M's first trip- we were supposed to be in Disney right now too and I know it's small in the grand scheme of everything going on but we're allowed to be sad too.

Thank you, Courtney! I hope you're staying safe and healthy, too - I worry about you since you're an ER nurse (in the New York area, right?). I hope you and your family are okay and will continue to be safe.

It's a bummer to miss out on a fun trip - I know I'm not alone in my disappointment. It will be wonderful when we feel safe to travel again!

And your mom is right! I didn't go to WDW until I was 10 and I fell in love so whenever it is you're able to take M, she'll love it!

Thank you for that! I know that's true - I loved Disney immensely when I saw it for the first time at four-years-old. I'm sure M will love it no matter what age she is when she visits!

I'm so disappointed for you that M's first trip has to be postponed! I know how exciting a first trip can be. You're absolutely allowed to feel sad about the missed opportunities. However, as tough as it might be, just remind yourself how sweet the trip will be when you do get to go! Everything will feel twice as magical and special. And if you have to wait 1-2 more years, M will only get taller and be able to ride more attractions. You never know, she might hit that 40 inch threshold and a whole new slew of ride options will open up!

Thank you so much, Alicia. You're absolutely right that we'll love every moment once we're actually able to go. I actually think it may be better in the long run as I may be better about shrugging off some of the things that have bothered me in the past. I'll just be so happy to be there that running behind schedule or running into unmagical guests will just be a blip in the radar rather than hurricane moment! That should do a ton to encourage my husband want to visit again - and that's what I'm hoping for in the long run anyway!

I'm really hopeful that we can visit before she's three (so much more economical!), but it would be fun if she was able to go on a few more rides. It would be super fun if she was big enough for the Barnstormer or another "bigger" ride by the time we'd go!

Thank you, I appreciate that! I was just looking forward to it so much... but imagine how wonderful it will be when we can finally go!
Yes!!!
I'm sorry that your trips have also probably been impacted. What a year to buy an annual pass!
:sad2:
I know. And when the parks open, my pass will re-start its countdown... and will probably expire before the border is open.
As it's finally getting warm enough here, I dressed her in a tee shirt, shorts, and sandals... and I'm like, "where did this little girl come from?!"
Awwww!!
It's crazy how big she's getting! Slow down, time!
::yes::
I remember that all too well.
As long as the airlines stay in business, I'm sure we'll have no problem using the points. We're really looking forward to traveling once we feel it's safe!
Oh, man. Me too! I wanna fly!
I had an excellent time when I went at four and six years old, and my sister had a great time when she went at seven and nine. I'm sure whenever our first trip is that M will LOVE it.
Selfishly, I'd just love if we could travel before M is three so we didn't need to get a park ticket or pay for her at buffets. It would be a much more economical trip!
Not selfish at all. Just good economical sense. Just because she's little, doesn't mean you can't still enjoy life!

Tap, tap, tap... is this thing on?

Well, hi there! :wave2:

I'm not sure how many of you are still around (it's quieter around here than I remember a few years ago!), but I wanted to drop in and share we're finally planning our first family trip!

I started a new pre-trip report and I'd LOVE to see a few familiar faces!

Please join me over at Our First Family Disney Trip... Take Two! :goodvibes

Yes!!!

:sad2:
I know. And when the parks open, my pass will re-start its countdown... and will probably expire before the border is open.

Awwww!!

I remember that all too well.

Oh, man. Me too! I wanna fly!

Not selfish at all. Just good economical sense. Just because she's little, doesn't mean you can't still enjoy life!
Well hi there, stranger. :)
On my way over... :car:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!