Disney Resorts Reopening

Azziefan

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,
Do you guys think some regular non DVC resorts will begin to open by July 15 since all the parks are opening and since they’ve frozen the ability for non DVC to make reversions to focus on already planned guests? I’m staying at pop June 23.. wondering if they would cancel on me if pop was closed or if they would move me? I would think pop would be opened bc it’s a large value and so easy to social distance... thoughts? Need some positive thinking here lol

Hi everyone,
Do you guys think some regular non DVC resorts will begin to open by July 15 since all the parks are opening and since they’ve frozen the ability for non DVC to make reversions to focus on already planned guests? I’m staying at pop June 23.. wondering if they would cancel on me if pop was closed or if they would move me? I would think pop would be opened bc it’s a large value and so easy to social distance... thoughts? Need some positive thinking here lol
I'm assuming you're meaning June 15 and not July 15? Either way, wish it was more positive, but from what the CM told me on the phone today (who couldn't help much since all the systems are down), unless you change your reservation, it will automatically cancel on your expected day of arrival if the resort isn't open; they are not automatically moving individuals. We're supposed to be arriving two days before everything is scheduled to be open in July according to their filed plan, but the CM had not heard whether resorts were going to allow quests with reservations in July to arrive as a "soft-opening" even if the parks aren't open, or 7/11 will be a hard date opening for the non-DVC properties.

Guess it's wait on Disney and see...

I'm assuming you're meaning June 15 and not July 15? Either way, wish it was more positive, but from what the CM told me on the phone today (who couldn't help much since all the systems are down), unless you change your reservation, it will automatically cancel on your expected day of arrival if the resort isn't open; they are not automatically moving individuals. We're supposed to be arriving two days before everything is scheduled to be open in July according to their filed plan, but the CM had not heard whether resorts were going to allow quests with reservations in July to arrive as a "soft-opening" even if the parks aren't open, or 7/11 will be a hard date opening for the non-DVC properties.

Guess it's wait on Disney and see...
Wait what??? they are just canceling ppl who are booked at resorts that are not going to open?? Thats some BS! How is that fair if youve had it booked for a damn year and then its just canceled instead of contacting and letting us change it to what ever is open??

I just spoke to DRC and was told at this time the only plans for resort openings are the ones already mentioned (DVC and campground) I asked what that meant for the rest of us and they had no answers yet.. Very disheartening, I hope we know something soon, I finally thought our trip was good.. I cant book my scooter rental or anything else until we know for sure..

I just spoke to DRC and was told at this time the only plans for resort openings are the ones already mentioned (DVC and campground) I asked what that meant for the rest of us and they had no answers yet.. Very disheartening, I hope we know something soon, I finally thought our trip was good.. I cant book my scooter rental or anything else until we know for sure..

Yeh they'll have to give info on the others soon. Probably trying to make final decisions on which to open or not.

I think they’re definitely opening some non DVC do y’all agree? I think they’re deciding and then will grandfather people into those if there’s are closed

Yesterday on the website it said that "Disney Resort hotels are scheduled to begin reopening by July 11"?

It has now been removed from the website. There is now no date available for hotels opening dates.

Don’t u think if it doesn’t they’ll Just move Us to another resort ?

I don't really know - Pop seems like it would be the resort they would move others TO, not away from. It is one of (if not THE) largest resorts on Disney property. I could see them closing the All Stars first.

Edit: Now that I think on it however, it would make more sense to spread people out rather than cluster large populations...

Who knows. Maybe I'll get my first Deluxe stay out of this...

I have a question I can’t really find an answer to. So we are staying mid August at AKL jambo house. When they say dvc resorts are open, is that just referring to the kidani side or all of AKL? The same would apply to other resorts such as Beach club.

Thoughts!?

I have a question I can’t really find an answer to. So we are staying mid August at AKL jambo house. When they say dvc resorts are open, is that just referring to the kidani side or all of AKL? The same would apply to other resorts such as Beach club.

Thoughts!?
Hey there! Wondering about the same thing, although I can fill in a little more info. We are DVC, and I’m currently booked in AKV-Jambo DVC starting August 1. I just booked it yesterday morning when I saw our early July trip was a no-go, and looking at overall DVC availability there are many DVC members also booked there. I’m a little nervous that although our emails from DVC have said all WDW DVC is open, AKV-J (AKL) was not specifically called out by name in different lists posted different places. That said, I don’t think overall Disney can legally not open all the timeshares, sooo.....

My guess is they didn’t specifically say Jambo as it would confuse non DVC guests and potentially make them think cash reservations were open? I am going to keep close to the topic and will post here if I get any indication things are changing. At a minimum we should know by 6/22 when the rest of WDW DVC opens, and if not well before that they will have yet more irate DVC members on their hands :upsidedow

Allison

PS - I would assume that would also apply to Beach Club - if it’s partially open makes sense to be open to both sides.

Jambo house will be open on 6/22 because it is considered a DVC property. I spent 2 hours on the phone this morning verifying this. We check in on 7/6.

We also have a reservation starting on 7/11 at Coronado. The parks will be open and we have tickets, but not sure we will have a place to sleep at this point.

I think they could leave AKL-J closed as it could just considered and extension of AKL-K. Our contract is not for AKL but I don’t think they designate. I hope I’m wrong as really want Jiko to be open.

edit. Just saw the above, never happier to be wrong!:-)

I don't really know - Pop seems like it would be the resort they would move others TO, not away from. It is one of (if not THE) largest resorts on Disney property. I could see them closing the All Stars first.

Edit: Now that I think on it however, it would make more sense to spread people out rather than cluster large populations...

Who knows. Maybe I'll get my first Deluxe stay out of this...

POP also has the advantage of the skyliner which is going to be one of the easiest forms of trransportation to social distance.

for what its worth, we have reservations for July 15-17. We have had these for some time, as all six of our other dates have come and gone.
Panic set in when I read the announcement that resorts would not be open on July 11.
I called twice and got two different CMs. Both told me that that pertained to new reservations not existing ones so we are safe.
Im thinking that is the way they will control crowds. We are pass holders but 3 hours away and would need accommodations .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!