Disney Resorts Switching to Paperless Registration?

Disney hotels have been behind the curve since the micro processor was invented...

They never felt there was value in infrastructure investment
With the recent additions of online check-in and the ability to receive a text message with your room number, I'd say they are starting to make investments in updating their technology and getting back in line with other hotel chains. They could just use a few more advancements.

With the recent additions of online check-in and the ability to receive a text message with your room number, I'd say they are starting to make investments in updating their technology and getting back in line with other hotel chains. They could just use a few more advancements.

That was rolled into their IT upgrade known as "my magic plus"...

And They were 10 years behind on those things as well.

They don't pay for what isnt absolutely necessary...

Are they replacing the mobile scanners at the dining locations as well? Those things are also about a decade past their prime.

Technology appears to be eliminating more jobs. I always enjoy visiting with the people that check us in to our resort. It seems rather cold to have little interaction with any people. I guess soon the characters will be robots as well. Wouldn't that be great getting an autograph from a robot.

Technology appears to be eliminating more jobs. I always enjoy visiting with the people that check us in to our resort. It seems rather cold to have little interaction with any people. I guess soon the characters will be robots as well. Wouldn't that be great getting an autograph from a robot.
Nothing says this would be getting rid of a job. Just making a job easier. Imagine the number of registration cards Disney files in a single day. There's thousands. And they aren't needed when there are thousands that are already electronically filed when Guests select online check-in. This would just make the company more green and wouldn't require them to use as much paper for registration cards or for parking placards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!