Disney Rewards

I have one, not for the rewards points, and not for the picture of the castle. But because there are SOME discounts at times for using it (WoD, it gets you 10% off as I recall) and the no interest on things, like DVC downpayment, and vacation packages, and of course the pins!

johno

We are charter card holders and use it for everything - we had over $800 in rewards for our anniversary trip. Always have more than $200, sometimes a lot more depending on how long between trips and what big purchases we've put on the card. We pay off every month - like PP, it's our "checking account". I only use checks when that's the only option. It may not be the highest rewards, but it's been working for us - we usually use it for souvenirs, etc. And the 10% at WoD is a nice perk too.

Can someone tell me about the pins? We just started pin trading!

We use the Disney Rewards VISA to help offset our trips - ha! However, this last year they capped us at $750 in rewards. They said that is the limit of money paid back thru rewards. We lost out on about $50 in rewards because of this. We, also, use this for all our monthly bills and tuitions and pay off at the end of each month - came in handy too for our add-on and the 6 month pay off for that. I just have to watch the rewards amount at the end of the year to make sure we don't go over the 750 and lose out again. :goodvibes

We use the Disney Rewards VISA to help offset our trips - ha! However, this last year they capped us at $750 in rewards. They said that is the limit of money paid back thru rewards. We lost out on about $50 in rewards because of this. We, also, use this for all our monthly bills and tuitions and pay off at the end of each month - came in handy too for our add-on and the 6 month pay off for that. I just have to watch the rewards amount at the end of the year to make sure we don't go over the 750 and lose out again. :goodvibes

Wow! Didn't know they capped it at $750. Thanks for that info cncDisney4, that's good information.

Hmm...didn't know about the cap. I also don't read all those "changes to agreement" things I get sent either... ;)

Is that an annual cap? I remember the Citi rewards having a cap of $350 or something...

Are you sure this is still true? Mine changed a few months ago to 2% (or maybe 3%?) instead of 5% but added utility bills at that rate. Could be that yours is different though.

I'm 99.99% sure that the new lower rates apply to everyone, even new cardholders. I was so disappointed when they lowered the cash-back percentage. :(

I use three different cards.

GM M/C pays 5% on all purchases. "Rebate" is actually applicable only to a new GM car purchase. Max is $500/year so when we reach that, we switch to a different card. So far lifetime on that card we have redeemed over $5,000 and currently have about $2,300 in earnings applicable to next car purchase. When you consider the interest charges on a car loan, the current $2,300 is actually worth more since it reduces the loan balance, saving several hundred dollars in interest.

2nd is BP gas. 5% rebate on BP gasoline purchases, 2% on Travel and Dining, and 1% on everything else. Can redeem as either (1)BP gift card, (2)Check paid to yourself, (3)Contribute to a fund

3rd is Disney Visa. Basically 1% in Disney Dollars. We use this card, swapping with the BP card, when the purchase will only be at 1% anyway, and we've maxed out the annual rebate allowed toward the GM card.

Of course, never carry a balance over for any month or the CC interest wipes out any advantage to having a rebate. We always pay the full balance every month.

Perhaps this has been said, but the rate goes sky high if you miss a payment. I've had the card for quite awhile and I missed a payment and my rate went up to 24.99%. I had previously been an exemplary customer, but went on vacation and forgot to pay it before I left. They would not budge on the rate, so I cancelled the card.

I know this sounds suspect, but honestly, it is true. That's okay, I figure that we will wait awhile and then if there is an especially good promo, try again. Or find something else. No biggie to me, the rewards were nice but didn't really add up to much.

For those that don't know, but each working adult in the household can have a Disney Visa account, then read the fine print... you can have 2 accounts. This will help with the $750.00 cap. If you pay your bills online, the statements line up with each other. We have 4 Disney Visa cards. We use them for Business to help with the Cap.

Hmm...didn't know about the cap. I also don't read all those "changes to agreement" things I get sent either... ;)

Is that an annual cap? I remember the Citi rewards having a cap of $350 or something...

Yes, it is an annual cap. I just looked on my on-line statement and it has it under the Disney Rewards page. We use it for personal not business and have decided to just start using the only other card we have when we reach the $750 cap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter