Disney Riviera Resort

From Twitter just now...

Celebrate the travels of Walt Disney and Disney’s Riviera Resort

https://twitter.com/DisneyParks/status/1090339049838125061

Extended quote:

Now, you might ask, ”What does all of this have to do with the all-new Disney’s Riviera Resort slated to be the 15th Disney Vacation Club resort?” I’m so glad you asked! Walking into this resort, you will be surrounded by the elegance of a modern European retreat, as if you were entering the same in Europe today and will experience the blended touch of old-world glamour, as Walt may have experienced on his grand journeys. And here, at this upcoming resort at Walt Disney World, you’ll have the opportunity to be immersed in Disney charm with all of the stories and food and art that were inspired by Europe and now imagined by Disney — and it all goes back to the inspiring travels of Walt Disney himself!

Our Walt Disney Imagineering partners say it best: Disney’s Riviera Resort pays tribute to Walt and Lillian’s European travels, and connects Disney artistry and storytelling to the region’s renowned art heritage. It’s a resort that will transport Disney Vacation Club members and guests across the ocean to Southern Europe, to an elegant, modern and relaxing destination that feels at home along the world-famous Mediterranean coastline.

Over the next several weeks we’ll share more with you about what you can expect with your stay at Disney’s Riviera Resort. Hope you’ll grab an espresso and read along! What are you most excited about experiencing at this beautiful new resort?”

I hope the espresso comment is a hint to an amenity like the “free” Nespresso machine in the VGF lobby.

I've always wanted Disney to build a European-themed resort. I still think that building smack-dab in the middle of Carribean Beach is the mistake here. Total theme clashing when they could have made this a sibling hotel to CBR with a similar theme or something close to it.

The Riviera Pool looks pretty awesome with the Stone Turret Slide!:cheer2: Very nice family friendly Fantasia splash area for the little ones! Eager to see it! :-)

I've always wanted Disney to build a European-themed resort. I still think that building smack-dab in the middle of Carribean Beach is the mistake here. Total theme clashing when they could have made this a sibling hotel to CBR with a similar theme or something close to it.

I’m surprised they went with a different theme. I don’t know how I feel about it yet, and probably won’t until we stay at Riviera sometime down the line.

At the MK resorts, it doesn’t bother me that I can see other resorts with completely different theming nearby. We’ll see if I feel the same about this.

I’m surprised they went with a different theme. I don’t know how I feel about it yet, and probably won’t until we stay at Riviera sometime down the line.

At the MK resorts, it doesn’t bother me that I can see other resorts with completely different theming nearby. We’ll see if I feel the same about this.
They went with a different theme because they are two different resorts. They aren't being branded as sisters or anything.

They went with a different theme because they are two different resorts. They aren't being branded as sisters or anything.

Totally. I’m more surprised they didn’t go with something similar or complementary in theming (kind of like how Boardwalk is different, but cohesive and complementary in theming to Yacht & Beach.) I was surprised when Riviera was announced and it was a totally different style.

I do like it and we’ll probably try to use points there on the trip after next.

Last edited:
Now that’s the sort of high-quality custom touch I expect from Disney resort themeing.

I wouldn't say I was turned off by the concept art that had been released previously but I did find them kind of bland and just "meh." As DH put it, he flat out doesn't care what the room looks like. He is more concerned with the pool, location, and other amenities. I don't know that I would go so far as to say I don't care what the room and resort decor looks like but I do like the looks of the themeing released today much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter