Disney Run

CAL2

DIS Veteran
Hi, we will be at Disney from Monday 16th September to Friday 20th. The Disney run is that weekend 21st-22nd. Will the parks be busier because of the run for the whole week? We have a 4 day park ticket and don't know whether to do Monday-Thursday or Tuesday - Friday. What would you do ?

It gets busier the closer it gets to the Run weekend. I would do Monday - Thursday. The events start on Thursday with the opening of the Expo. Also people flying in from outside of Europe will come in at least one or two days before the run to overcome jetlag.

how busy is busy, what are the wait times like? more on the child's rides as we are taking our 2year old granddaughter.

We are use to the crowds at WDW, so hopefully not as busy as that. I'm hoping for wait times of around 20mins or less as I think that maybe my granddaughters limit :worried:

We are use to the crowds at WDW, so hopefully not as busy as that. I'm hoping for wait times of around 20mins or less as I think that maybe my granddaughters limit :worried:

You have 4 full days, you could see most of both parks in 2 days with EMH and a plan. Try to do most on your first two days, then everything else will be a bonus.

Due to the run the crowds are different from busy in Summer or Christmas. The run attracts more adults than families. So the kiddie rides will be relatively quieter.

When you do Peter Pan, Tea Cups, Dumbo and Buzz during EMH you have done some big ones. Pays des Contes Fees and Casey Junior rarily have lines over 20 minutes. That leaves Pinocchio and Show White (although might be too scary), lines look longer than they are and move quickly.
And Autopia ... I do not know to be honest, somehow I always overlook this ride... just check the app to see the wait times. There must be a time during those 4 days where you have a wait below 20 minutes. Probably ride after opening, during parade & fireworks.

Last edited:

FYI-my wife and I are going over for the Disney races from the states.
We are flying out Wednesday evening with an early Thursday arrival. We will do the Expo Thursday evening and may hit a park for a few hours. Friday is a park day for us, as is Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon if I have legs left.

I'm with the poster above that the overseas runners will be arriving in the Wed/Thursday window. I'd do the Mon-Thurs over Tues-Fri.

Thank you, Monday and Friday are our travel days. we arrive about 1.30pm on the Monday and leave about 4pm on the Friday. Our original plan was Tue - Friday as we had more time on the Friday and our little one may be tired on the Monday after all the traveling. Nothing worse that an over tired and excited 2 year old:furious:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!