Disney Shutting Down Three Populated MMOs

npmommie

<font color=red>Channels George Michael in her car
Is this true? Says it will close down as of sept 19 :(
Or did they get hacked again!

It is true. I have been a die hard Pixie Hollow player for nearly 4 years and they are closing too! :sad1: Not sure what I am going to do now. No game has gotten my attention, or my money, like Pixie Hollow.

Attention, Toons:
Toontown Online will be closing on September 19, 2013.

From now until September 19, 2013, ALL Toons can log into Toontown and enjoy full unlimited access for free!

Here's what you need to know:

Toontown Online Memberships are no longer available for purchase. All Toons now play as Members for free until Toontown Online's closing date.
As of August 20, 2013, paid Member accounts will no longer be charged a recurring payment for Toontown Online. Emails will be sent to all current paid Members with further information about Membership including refund details.
If you do not currently have a Toontown Membership, there is no need to cancel your free account.
Any currently open in-game codes can still be redeemed in your Shticker Book until Toontown closes on September 19, 2013.
If you have questions regarding your billing or Toontown Membership, please contact us.
For additional information and details, please visit the Toontown Closing FAQs.

Be sure to keep checking up-Toon-the-minute news on all the Toontastic activities and kooky celebrations coming your way during Toontown's final month here in Toon HQ!

Avast there, mates!
Pirates of the Caribbean Online will be closing on September 19, 2013.
From now until September 19, 2013, ALL Pirates can log into Pirates Online and enjoy full Unlimited Access for free!

Pirates Online Unlimited Access Memberships are no longer available for purchase. All Pirates now play as Unlimited Access Members for free until Pirates Online's closing date.
As of August 20, 2013, paid Member accounts will no longer be charged a recurring payment for Pirates Online. Emails will be sent to all current paid Members with further information about Membership including refund details.
If you do not currently have a Pirates Online Unlimited Access Membership, there is no need to cancel your free account.
Any currently open in-game codes can still be redeemed in your Sea Chest until Pirates Online closes on September 19, 2013.
If you have questions regarding your billing or Pirates Online Membership, please contact us.
For additional information and details, please visit the Pirates Online Closing FAQs.

Keep a weather eye out on our Current News posts for all the festivities and swashbucklin' surprises sailing yer way during Pirates Online's final month!

Attention Pixies:
Disney Fairies Pixie Hollow will be closing on September 19, 2013.
From now until September 19, 2013, ALL Fairies and Sparrow Men can log into Pixie Hollow and enjoy full unlimited access for free!

Pixie Hollow Memberships and Pixie Diamonds are no longer available for purchase. All Fairies and Sparrow Men now play as Members for free until Pixie Hollow's closing date.
As of August 20, 2013 paid Member accounts will no longer be charged a recurring payment for Pixie Hollow. Emails will be sent to all current paid Members with further information about Membership including refund details.
If you do not currently have a Pixie Hollow Membership, there is no need to cancel your free account.
Any Secret Codes you have acquired can still be redeemed here until Pixie Hollow closes on September 19, 2013.
If you have any questions concerning your Membership or billing, please contact us.

If you have questions or would like additional information, please visit the Pixie Hollow Closing FAQs.

Continue to check out all of the exciting games and activities currently available at the offical Disney Fairies website.

The only game that really bothers is Toontown. I've played Toontown the past 11 years of my life (since Beta 1) and it has been a huge part of my childhood. It lead me to my interest in Disney and computer programming and I have no words to describe how I feel...

I'm not sure if his hand was involved in this at all, but Bravo Bob Iger, Bravo.

Long live VMK!

I have played Pixie Hollow for nearly 4 years. I am in shock. It seemed like PH was doing really good. I am speechless. I never thought I would get so attached to a game, but I did.

:sad1: Never heard of the other ones, but my 10 year old and his friends have been playing Toontown for years now, and he even got me playing. I was never the computer game type but it had me hooked. This is really sad. With all the work they did with creating these games, why just end it all? With so many people - kids and adults - having so much fun on it? I like it because it is a sweet game, no violence or gore, the "bad guys" are silly looking robots, and yet there are challenging tasks to keep even older kids interested.

He has no interest in Club Penguin and I guess he'll be leaving Disney gaming behind and focusing on his other fave game, Pirate 101. Me, I'm done with gaming. :snooty:

That is very sad. Hopefully they provide a new direction, maybe Infinity is now their one and only focus.

That is very sad. Hopefully they provide a new direction, maybe Infinity is now their one and only focus.

They said apps and Club Penguin are there new "focus". I will not be buying either the apps or playing Club Penguin. I am also not buying the new game.

Long live VMK!

It's like VMK's closing all over again. It hurts less now since it was 5 years ago that VMK closed, but it still hurts. I played Pixie Hollow briefly, but I learned not to spend any money on any Disney online games again.

There was another online game that I fell in love with - Glitch. But that didn't last long either, I played less than 2 years before it closed.

Guess nothing online has any guarantees that it will continue to exist. :sad1:

It's like VMK's closing all over again. It hurts less now since it was 5 years ago that VMK closed, but it still hurts. I played Pixie Hollow briefly, but I learned not to spend any money on any Disney online games again.

There was another online game that I fell in love with - Glitch. But that didn't last long either, I played less than 2 years before it closed.

Guess nothing online has any guarantees that it will continue to exist. :sad1:

That is exactly what I thought of. I never played VMK, but I completely understand why there was such a huge backlash. I didn't understand it would hurt so much. But when you put a lot of effort into something you find so enjoyable, and then it is taken away, you are hurt. I am thinking of giving up games for now.

I can't say I really care too much that these games are closing. I played all of them at one point or another in my life, but I never "stuck" with them. Disney never gave them any attention, and pretty much (in my eyes), let them rot. It was bound to happen sooner or later, I guess. I'm just surprised they're keeping Club Penguin. I know that game has a huge fanbase, but so did VMK and they still closed it after only 3 short years.

Sure, Club Penguin is making Disney a lot of money since it's Pay to Play, but so was Toontown, Pirates Online, and Pixie Hollow. So whether or not Disney's game is profitable, it doesn't seem to be a "main" concern for them. At least not from what I'm seeing.

I do hope that after these games close, they plan towards releasing future ones. I don't care much for mobile games.. I would rather have another VMK, and I'd be more willing to pay $10/month to play it.

I was playing in Pixie Hollow world since it was a beta version - along with my daughter.
We created our fairy and we were loyal members since the begining.
Neighter me or my daughter are game adict - she is eleven years old now and during school period we always took a time off the game, and playing only when we had enough time.
We don't have playstation, don't play much on computer, this is the only game ever I decide to pay for - I thought it was worthy enough.
Such a cute nonviolent game, it grows deep in our hearts.

Design, games, music - every little detail - such a perfection.
And my daughter was learning english this way - and having so much fun.

This game is a big part of her childhood - I am so sad today, watching her being unable to stop tears.

We will make our memo folder - with pics, screenshots and videos maybe.

Maybe it is possible somehow to make the pixie hollow stay online - just for us to go back in and fly sometimes ... no need to develop any more games ..just as it is ...
...or maybe Disney can promise to create new version, using new programing language or whatever was the problem ...

I am such a fan of design - I wouldn't change anything in Pixie Hollow, but it would be easier to make kids less sad if they knew somthing similar is coming online soon ...

I'm seeing quite a few petitions. I wonder if this will ever hit the news, like VMK did.

youtube .com/watch?v=CE97bm1cPwU

^^ Had to separate the ".com" part. Didn't know DisBoards had a 10 post requirement in order to post links.

First VMK, now this. I am happy that I decided to stray from Disney's games after VMK's departure, but I am not looking forward to explaining to DSis12 (also autistic) when she finds out she can no longer play Toontown.

I am assuming that this is because of Disney's online gaming player base changing. Those of us who played VMK are now adults, and those who have played PH/TT/POTCO are possibly entering their teenage years, and there aren't enough new memberships occurring to balance out the amount of older players with memberships leaving.

Now, for the ironic part. For those of us who played VMK, do you remember the developers pushing those three games on us once they announced VMK's closure? :stir:

It's really too bad.

Our whole family has played for the last 5 or so years. It's something we could do together.

When I was traveling overseas I was able to able to spend some time with my son through toontown.

The Game engine for these 3 games is very old.

Toontown has had some serious hacking issues the last few years and I would guess the cost of updating everything to prevent it proved too much.

I wish they'd at least explore the possibility of allowing another company take over the software.

We're pretty disappointed about Toontown as well. We started playing in the summer of 2003 so it's been 10 years for us. The kids grew up playing it, I played it, my husband played it, we even had two accounts so we could play together. To say we are sad is an understatement. it was such a happy, colorful place and so much fun. We will definitely miss it. :sad::sad:

I am still confussed on why they are closing out. Lack of lnterest or lack of funds or what?:duck:

I am still confussed on why they are closing out. Lack of lnterest or lack of funds or what?:duck:

If I can get powerpoint to work the way I want and make a video with it I will have a video up on youtube monday on this, if not it will likely be Tuesday since I'll have to buy a video camera. The facts are Disney is Lazy, and spent money incorrectly in other sectors. I have a lot of evidence to back this and my video will be sourced. It will also include the reasons Pixie Hollow is a stupid shut down since there are several prime marketing, expansion, and selling opportunities for it in the next 2 years. The problem is absolute lazyness on Disney's part. Disney actually does very little marketing other than its vacations, it lets the marketing take care of itself and I'll explain that in the video as well. If I get this to work its not going to be pretty, I'm sure if I can make it go viral Disney is going to be VERY ANGRY but that is why I'm sourcing it. You cant sue me or send your happy lawyer team after facts that I've proven. Doesn't matter how big you are facts can be told only lies can be stopped :). This is also why I have waited to contact newspapers unlike toon town. Toon town has age on its side Pixie Hollow does not, so I'm actually going to use some food throwing if I place my reports with the news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts