Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I wonder if this is wind related. I can tell you that the gusts are just now hitting my area (near The Villages/Leesburg).

I’m in the Sarasota area and it is extremely windy here. There is no way the Skyliner could operate in this. The videos I saw had the gondolas swaying pretty good.

We are staying at the Dolphin and want to ride the Skyliner just for fun tomorrow or Saturday (weather/wind permitting). Any tips for the easiest route we should take? We just need to leave from/return to the Dolphin.

We are staying at the Dolphin and want to ride the Skyliner just for fun tomorrow or Saturday (weather/wind permitting). Any tips for the easiest route we should take? We just need to leave from/return to the Dolphin.
Walk or ride the boat to the Int'l Gateway. Take the Skyliner back to the changeover, change to Pop and ride over Hourglass Lake into the Pop Station. Reverse and go back. The spur to DHS is short and covers a lot parking lot from what I understand.

Roads are shut in some areas The 408 shut down due to wind
It's picking up here quickly but good news...the storm will be blown out of here by early morning. Resume having fun if you are vacationing at WDW

PS Riding over Hourglass Lake was new for us and we enjoyed that "spur".

It sounds like the winds were pretty intense last night including a tornado watch being issued and later cancelled. Can anyone there report if they left the cars on the line or did they pull them into the holding location at CBR like we saw happen often during testing?

I was at DHS yesterday 2/6. It was very windy. I took a break around noon and rode the Skyliner from DHS to Pop (my hotel) and back. It was a pretty wild ride! Anyone who was iffy about the Skyliner would have freaked out at the swaying.

When I left DHS for the day, around 4:30-5:00, the Skyliner was closed. Several Skyliner CMs and a couple of security guards were lined up across the entrance to the station. I heard one of them tell another guest that the Skyliner was closed because of the weather. The cars were hanging on the cable, not moving (well other than from the wind). It was blowing really hard. I don't know if they moved the cars to storage later or left them on the line.

Was at WDW today 2/9 Wanted to take the skyliner from HS to EPCOT
The spur from CBR was down for at least 15 minutes from CBR to EPCOT between 4:15-4:30.
So we took the scenic walkway over thru and along Boardwalk.
It was really a nice day for a ride but we did not want to wait or chance it.
🤢

Was at WDW today 2/9 Wanted to take the skyliner from HS to EPCOT
The spur from CBR was down for at least 15 minutes from CBR to EPCOT between 4:15-4:30.
So we took the scenic walkway over thru and along Boardwalk.
It was really a nice day for a ride but we did not want to wait or chance it.
🤢
So how did you know to walk from DHS through BW to Epcot? was there a notice at DHS telling you the CBR to Epcot line was paused, so you knew not to board the DHS to CBR line?

All right, rode the skyliner for the first time last week. The first time we used it the temperature was upper 80’s with a real feel near 90. The ride was very comfortable. The next time the temp was in the low 50’s with real feel in the 40’s. We were also under a wind advisory and the winds were 25-45 mph. We had no sway and if it wasn’t for the sound of the wind or the bend in the trees you wouldn’t have known any difference.

I rode it this past Friday when it was super windy. There was one instance of mild sway for us, but very minimal. I will say that I was more uncomfortable when it was 45 and windy out compared to when it was 90 degrees during my last trip. It wasn't bad, but it was noticeably chilly.

I really like riding above the trees Great views.
Bearly notice any sway. I would still hesitate if it was really hot or close to dark.

I have not read all the posts in this thread but I wondered if there has been any indication or recent developments regarding bus service being affected by the skyliner. Early on I wondered if they would keep bus service for CBR, Pop, etc. Another poster seemed to think they would not which concerned me because my husband is afraid of heights and probably could not ride it. My thoughts now, with the closures due to weather, etc. are that they would keep the bus service to those locations.

I have not read all the posts in this thread but I wondered if there has been any indication or recent developments regarding bus service being affected by the skyliner. Early on I wondered if they would keep bus service for CBR, Pop, etc. Another poster seemed to think they would not which concerned me because my husband is afraid of heights and probably could not ride it. My thoughts now, with the closures due to weather, etc. are that they would keep the bus service to those locations.

The buses will run once an hour to Skyliner resorts while the Skyliner is operating. if the Skyliner is not operating there will be more buses.

That's my extremely edited version of the big discussion that happened when they announced it.

During the hours when the skyliner is operating, buses to Epcot and DHS will only operate once/hour. When the Skyliner is closed before park opening or due to weather, buses will operate more frequently (approximately every 20 minutes). There is no impact on buses to AK or MK.

Sorry, we’re not able to answer any of you questions until you first read all 567 pages of this thread first and can answer a few questions to verify that you did read all of them! Just kidding, @SaintsManiac and @Iowamomof4 covered it for you.

Blown away at how quiet, comfortable and convenient it is. Finally got a chance to do some loops. I think Carribean Beach is really well done with the refurbishment and the line is a huge benefit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!