Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

It depends on how you feel about bus vs monorail transportation.

And, unlike and bus route, you can Monorail from Epcot to MK without another bag check. (MK to Epcot Via monorail requires another bag check)
Seems their destination was WL which wouldn’t require any bag checks.

Unless the security points have changed it’s possible that the trip would bypass security

Yes, I missed that. Bus from BC to MK to WL would not need a bag check.

I think Bus from BC to MK then boat to WL might pass through MK bag check.

Unless the security points have changed it’s possible that the trip would bypass security

Guests arriving at MK via resort buses go through security before they can reach the ferry or resort launches. So bus from BC to MK would go through bag check at MK.

Guests arriving at MK via resort buses go through security before they can reach the ferry or resort launches. So bus from BC to MK would go through bag check at MK.

Hadn't been since they pushed back the security...still could take the bus, but maybe not the boat...

Okay, back on topic...so from looking at the gondola route, to get from Epcot to DHS (if one really wanted to go that way) you'd go through the CBR station, correct? And that station is probably going to have a change like at the TTC, right?

Hadn't been since they pushed back the security...still could take the bus, but maybe not the boat...

Okay, back on topic...so from looking at the gondola route, to get from Epcot to DHS (if one really wanted to go that way) you'd go through the CBR station, correct? And that station is probably going to have a change like at the TTC, right?
That is believed to be correct.

That is believed to be correct.

So if the gondola entrance at Epcot is in a secure zone, is the drop-off at DHS also in a secure zone? And would it be reasonable to assume that the change of tracks at CBR would all be inside a secure zone to keep from having another bag check?

As a pp mentioned, I think the gondola ride to DHS would be a great bird's eye view and feel more like a relaxing attraction while saving my feet and recharging on the way to DHS :goodvibes

So if the gondola entrance at Epcot is in a secure zone, is the drop-off at DHS also in a secure zone? And would it be reasonable to assume that the change of tracks at CBR would all be inside a secure zone to keep from having another bag check?

As a pp mentioned, I think the gondola ride to DHS would be a great bird's eye view and feel more like a relaxing attraction while saving my feet and recharging on the way to DHS :goodvibes
It's not known if it will be a secure zone or not just yet. There has been speculation on both sides of the issue.

I wonder how these gondolas will fair in the summer heat with regards to internal temperature/air circulation. I don't believe that gondolas are powered in general (at least not the ski lifts that I've been on) so a/c is probably not an option and probably wouldn't be practical. Wonder if there will simply be window vents? Just wondering out loud...

I wonder how these gondolas will fair in the summer heat with regards to internal temperature/air circulation. I don't believe that gondolas are powered in general (at least not the ski lifts that I've been on) so a/c is probably not an option and probably wouldn't be practical. Wonder if there will simply be window vents? Just wondering out loud...
They could have A/C but they are said not to have A/C.

That would be a huge mistake. Riding in 100+ degree weather high in the sky with no way to get out if you overheat. Yeah it would be a incredibly dumb decision not to have A/C
Most gondolas don't have A/C. It would have a ventilation system. You are not in these gondolas for much longer than 5 minutes at a time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter