Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Inside a cabin.
At 3:14 and again at 5:17 you can see (what I think) is the screened air vent at the top of the cabin. This cabin looks to have one long vent window while Disney has two/three

Inside a cabin.
At 3:14 and again at 5:17 you can see (what I think) is the screened air vent at the top of the cabin. This cabin looks to have one long vent window while Disney has two/three
I don't if it's visible in this video. but they also appear to have a vent window on the top portion of the door. The Skyliners have the vent on the window opposite the door.

Are we sure that the Skyliner has multi-part vent windows, or is what we are seeing just an armature to protect them from rain / bugs/ being tampered with manually? At the altitude of LaPaz, I'm not sure that they have quite the bug/lizard population that WDW does, and at WDW those little would-be stowaways have to be kept out when the gondolas are parked in storage. Screens are really easy to destroy if there isn't some kind of backing framework protecting them.

(PS: Yes, I know that the lizards are good because they help eat the bugs, but the average tourist from an area that isn't tropical/semi-tropical really wouldn't be too thrilled to find either kind of critter riding along in their gondola.)

PS: I love that lady's fishing hat. My late Dad used to wear one like that when he was on the water.

Last edited:

If you look at post 5936 on page 297, you will see one of Disney's Gondolas unwrapped. You can clearly see three vent windows on the front and back of the gondola.

Are we sure that the Skyliner has multi-part vent windows, or is what we are seeing just an armature to protect them from rain / bugs/ being tampered with manually? At the altitude of LaPaz, I'm not sure that they have quite the bug/lizard population that WDW does, and at WDW those little would-be stowaways have to be kept out when the gondolas are parked in storage. Screens are really easy to destroy if there isn't some kind of backing framework protecting them.

(PS: Yes, I know that the lizards are good because they help eat the bugs, but the average tourist from an area that isn't tropical/semi-tropical really wouldn't be too thrilled to find either kind of critter riding along in their gondola.)

PS: I love that lady's fishing hat. My late Dad used to wear one like that when he was on the water.

Not sure if there are screens
566FCFAB-AED3-4877-9E3D-CC98A3641F0C.png

I saw a different picture/video...can't recall which, and both my husband and I both thought we saw screens. It makes sense to me for them to have them. Keeps bugs out while keeping belonging and body parts in. :)

It looks like the Pop/AoA station is almost complete, unlike the CBR station. It seems like the CBR has months of work.

I hadn't seen the photo from that side; that's 3 jalousie slats, true enough. Which brings me to my next concern: that 3-slat side brings the windows down into the reach of the average passenger, which brings it low enough to be a target for being messed around with. I do think that I see screens, and I hope that they are perforated steel instead of fiberglass fabric screens, because if they are fiberglass fabric it is likely that they are going to be damaged really quickly by people pressing hands and camera lenses up against them.

IMO, Jalousies are a maintenance weak spot on a system like this, because the hardware is notorious for getting jammed in position by rust &/or dirt so that it no longer moves as designed, and they also often develop glass cracks where the holes are drilled for the screws that hold the glass to the mounts, due to the glass expanding in hot conditions. It will require a lot of labor to keep those windows looking decent and in proper working order.

I hadn't seen the photo from that side; that's 3 jalousie slats, true enough. Which brings me to my next concern: that 3-slat side brings the windows down into the reach of the average passenger, which brings it low enough to be a target for being messed around with. I do think that I see screens, and I hope that they are perforated steel instead of fiberglass fabric screens, because if they are fiberglass fabric it is likely that they are going to be damaged really quickly by people pressing hands and camera lenses up against them.

IMO, Jalousies are a maintenance weak spot on a system like this, because the hardware is notorious for getting jammed in position by rust &/or dirt so that it no longer moves as designed, and they also often develop glass cracks where the holes are drilled for the screws that hold the glass to the mounts, due to the glass expanding in hot conditions. It will require a lot of labor to keep those windows looking decent and in proper working order.
I posted this earlier in this thread. This is a Doppelmayr Gondola the same company that makes Disney’s.
At 3:14 and 5:17 you can see the screen on the inside of the car
My point was it’s not possible to see if there are screens from the picture of the outside of the Gondola.
E0C9CBEA-2164-48C5-80D9-A7302564971F.png

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter