Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Regarding cameras, they would probably be better served having CCTV on the lift towers and stations. Inside the cars would likely lead to tampering and all sort of privacy gripes.

Based on the driving skills I saw with ECVs unloading from buses, I expect they will direct all wheelchairs and ECVs to the stationary load area. Those who use wheelchairs and ECVs regularly could load into the moving cabins, but I assume Disney will not distinguish since letting novices try to maneuver onto the moving cabins will likely result in emergency stops.

True, but no novice is going to be driving one of these little zoomers (that's a Quickie Titanium Lite, it retails for ~$4K; and you won't ever find one in a rental fleet. They are very popular with younger spinal-cord injury users.) I think that CM's could be told to allow this kind of "sport" wheelchair through, but not conventional push-handle models.
42777.jpg

Agreed and the bigger boats as well, hopefully larger strollers are OK as well.

Picking up the child (esp one sleeping) and carrying them onto a bus, while folding and lifting/carrying the stroller as well is awful.
I hear you! I traveled to WDW on my own with my DD since she was 2yo and oh man, when that girl is tired, she sleeps!! I used to put her into an Ergo carrier (up until almost 5yo) just to get us on the bus! She was arms and legs everywhere but it allowed me to have my hands free to grab our storage bag, fold the stroller and get us plus a backpack onto the buses.

Being able to roll her sleeping into a gondola and not need to fold up the stroller would have been amazing!! Thankfully now I just wake her up and she walks to our next destination.

It will be easier than the attractions for a few reasons. You will be on a flat surface going to a flat surface. The area you are boarding from to is wide (good visuals) and the cabins are moving slow.
Here is a old video of a now closed Gondola also built by Doppelmayr.
You an see how easy it is to board.
There will also be a area for wheelchairs and ECV’s to board where the cabin is completely stopped on a separate line.
Sheesh... it really doesn’t seem *that* slow to me. I expected slower. Almost looked like people were rushing and stumbling.

Thanks! I have seen a few videos posted online from lucky people who have ridden so far. Just love the views! This will be awesome. Enjoy!!

I’m still hoping they open it a day or so earlier. But if they don’t, we’ll still get to ride on Monday and Tuesday after the official open. I just wanted to ride it to DHS next Saturday as well.

I’m still hoping they open it a day or so earlier. But if they don’t, we’ll still get to ride on Monday and Tuesday after the official open. I just wanted to ride it to DHS next Saturday as well.
Me too! We check in to CBR on the 28th and planned to do DHS since I figured it would be the shortest trip to a park on the Skyliner... I really thought it was going to open at least a month ago!

Say you are departing from RIV station...do you get on a DHS-bound gondola car or just ones heading to CBR? Then will you have to get off at CBR and hop on the ones to DHS as opposed to AoA and POP! resorts?

I am assuming each car will be pre-tagged (physically or electronically) to go direct to the final destination, but just want to verify that we won't need to get out and "transfer" at CBR.

Say you are departing from RIV station...do you get on a DHS-bound gondola car or just ones heading to CBR? Then will you have to get off at CBR and hop on the ones to DHS as opposed to AoA and POP! resorts?

I am assuming each car will be pre-tagged (physically or electronically) to go direct to the final destination, but just want to verify that we won't need to get out and "transfer" at CBR.
Nope. You get off at CBR and transfer to the DHS line. The gondolas do not transfer lines.

Nope. You get off at CBR and transfer to the DHS line. The gondolas do not transfer lines.
OK, I can see the reasoning for that...simpler and more efficient to have a constant number of cars going between stations... curious to see how they handle the transfers...will there be a dedicated transfer queue or will transfer-riders need to hop into a general queue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!