Disney Springs Bus Drop-off

Ms.Minnie

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a 12 day stay at BWV, we had a boardwalk view and is was great. We had a really good time, the 12 days flew by!

My one complaint is with the new bus drop-off/loading zone at Disney Springs. I really wish they would go back to having two drop-off and loading locations. We have been a couple of times since the new set up and we find it to be very inconvenient. It is a very long walk from the Rain Forest / Disney store area to the bus depot. I'm not sure if I'm in the minority or if others feel the same way. I received several survey's but of course none for Disney Springs. I would like to know what others think. Am I the only one who doesn't like the new setup?

The old DS bus stops were far TOO small for the traffic (people and buses) and no space available to expand them. The old Marketplace & Pleasure Island bus stops only had 8 spaces each that a bus could stop at which would result in a line of buses waiting to get to a stop to load/unload passengers.

Disney often had to reduce thru traffic on Buena Vista Dr to a single lane so that the buses could get in and out of the old Marketplace bus stop.

IMO, the new bus depot is very centralized to DS. The town center is right there along with restaurants at the landing. We are able to get to the west side pretty easily than if we were dropped off at the Marketplace.

I guess that is the problem, I spend more time in the Marketplace area then at the West End. That being said the new set up is very inconvenient to me and to others I have traveled with. I never experienced a line up of buses waiting to get into the Marketplace location, granted the turn was pretty tight but the buses always seemed to manage the turn. I wish they could redesign the MP location to accommodate those of us who don't spend much time on the West End. I'm not much interested in all the new "upscale" shops they have put in, I'm much more interested in the shops located at the MP. Just my opinion.

I really like the new drop off, and I can't remember the last time I was at the West End, I thought it was going to take longer to get to the Marketplace the first time I used the new stop, but it was closer than I thought it would be. The only issue I have with it is that some of those lines to catch the bus back to your resort are pretty far out there, and you have quite a bit of a walk to get to them.

I guess that is the problem, I spend more time in the Marketplace area then at the West End. That being said the new set up is very inconvenient to me and to others I have traveled with. I never experienced a line up of buses waiting to get into the Marketplace location, granted the turn was pretty tight but the buses always seemed to manage the turn. I wish they could redesign the MP location to accommodate those of us who don't spend much time on the West End. I'm not much interested in all the new "upscale" shops they have put in, I'm much more interested in the shops located at the MP. Just my opinion.
Completely agree. POR and POFQ have real value added to me now. I hate the current bus station at Disney Springs.

Once you get off the bus and into the mall area it’s really quite a short walk to the Disney store. But if you are at a resort with a high lane number it is a hike to get past three lanes of busses. We seem to luck out and stay at resorts that get off at stops 7 or below. Or stay at OKW and take the boat. Personally I love the new set up and the mall. Great shopping!

We will be at SSR in June for a couple of nights. Not sure if I would attempt to walk if we are located in the Springs section, which I am going to request. But if by chance we are put in Congress Park, of course we will walk.

We just returned from a 12 day stay at BWV, we had a boardwalk view and is was great. We had a really good time, the 12 days flew by!

My one complaint is with the new bus drop-off/loading zone at Disney Springs. I really wish they would go back to having two drop-off and loading locations. We have been a couple of times since the new set up and we find it to be very inconvenient. It is a very long walk from the Rain Forest / Disney store area to the bus depot. I'm not sure if I'm in the minority or if others feel the same way. I received several survey's but of course none for Disney Springs. I would like to know what others think. Am I the only one who doesn't like the new setup?
You can take the intra-DS boat from the West End to the Landing. From there you walk past Raglan Road, over the bridge and to the depot. The Marketplace boat runs the red flag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts