Disney Springs Capacity?

I recommend avoiding Disney Springs on Friday and Saturday nights. Too many locals force it to hit capacity. Stick to weekday nights or weekend during the day.

If you have a car drive offsite to one of the many restaurants nearby.

Have Sunday nights been bad? We have a 6pm at Jaleo for the Sunday before Thanksgiving. That's usually a slower weekend compared to later in the week anyway.

Have Sunday nights been bad? We have a 6pm at Jaleo for the Sunday before Thanksgiving. That's usually a slower weekend compared to later in the week anyway.

I don't think they have closed to capacity on a Sunday night recently but I could be wrong. We typically avoid weekends (except for brunch) but did walk over from Saratoga on a Sunday 3 weeks ago and it was not insane. I would call it crowded but not uncomfortable. Just gotta duck and weave through crowds at choke points and such. I do remember WoD was running a 45 minute wait when I walked past; we went last night (Monday) for dinner and stopped into WoD and it was only a 15 minute wait, if that helps any.

Jaleo is amazing! If you are driving, and just want to beeline to the restaurant and avoid crowds, you can park in Orange all the way to the left side entry point and it's a straight shot.

From what I saw on Twitter recently the only Sunday night it hit capacity was the day before Columbus Day.

Just got back from Disney Springs and it definitely seemed pretty busy for a Tuesday evening. That being said it wasn’t anywhere close to Saturday night.

So, if it closes what is the best way to know before trying to head over?
So from what I have heard - when DS reaches Max Capacity - you can still get to your ADR. Obviously, if you are driving and can't get into the garage, this is going to be a huge problem. The actual wording on the Disney sight is less than exact. I have asked several people who have been to DS when it close to or at Max Capacity - now they were staying at Disney Resorts and taking Disney transportation - they had ADRs and were allowed to go to their dining. It would stand to reason, since the restaurants are operating at a capped capacity and should have already accounted for the upcoming reservations. If you have an ADR - I would call and check to make sure you are good. My suggestion (and a lot of those on here) is to make a alternate reservation as backup- one that is not at DS, maybe at the resort that you are staying at or somewhere close.

So from what I have heard - when DS reaches Max Capacity - you can still get to your ADR. Obviously, if you are driving and can't get into the garage, this is going to be a huge problem. The actual wording on the Disney sight is less than exact. I have asked several people who have been to DS when it close to or at Max Capacity - now they were staying at Disney Resorts and taking Disney transportation - they had ADRs and were allowed to go to their dining. It would stand to reason, since the restaurants are operating at a capped capacity and should have already accounted for the upcoming reservations. If you have an ADR - I would call and check to make sure you are good. My suggestion (and a lot of those on here) is to make a alternate reservation as backup- one that is not at DS, maybe at the resort that you are staying at or somewhere close.

This is good to know that it is (mostly) a parking issue. Our attempt to get in will be several hours prior to our ADR, so if we really need to, we could go back to our house and call for a Lyft/Uber. Sounds like those would still be able to drop off if parking is full?

This is good to know that it is (mostly) a parking issue. Our attempt to get in will be several hours prior to our ADR, so if we really need to, we could go back to our house and call for a Lyft/Uber. Sounds like those would still be able to drop off if parking is full?
Yes. that is what I am being told. We too plan on being in DS hours before our ADR. It only stands to reason that if you have an ADR, you get to actually use it. Why in the world would they allow you to book an ADR and then turn you away? It's the same scenario of having an ADR and the park closes - they don't ask you to get up and leave - or if you have an ADR before a particular park opens - they allow you in. That's the point of making one. I understand when the parking has reached max capacity but that doesn't effect those who have an ADR and don't need to park in those garages.

I am curious how this will be on Thanksgiving. We have reservations at the Boathouse for Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if you can still Uber to Disney Springs if the parking lots are full? We will be staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Check and see if your restaurant is on Open Table and available. (I know not all are - Boathouse is.) They don't have the no-show/late cancel fee period.

Check and see if your restaurant is on Open Table and available. (I know not all are - Boathouse is.) They don't have the no-show/late cancel fee period.

Plus, on Open Table, you can book further out than Disney allows on their site ;)

Anyone want to hazard a guess on how busy the Sunday after Thanksgiving will be?

I'm planning on going to DS this Saturday. I want to get there early before it opens to get parking. What time would I need to get there so I can be there when it first opens? Has anyone been there on a recent Saturday and how full does it get from opening to about 4pm?

We were just there November 7 - 15th. We had reservations at Boathouse on Saturday, November 7th. Since we arrived to Florida that day we couldn't head to the reservation until 6PM. When we arrived (by car) signs said it hit capacity. I called the Boathouse directly and was told they "hold" reservations when the Springs hits capacity. They advised us to get in line for the parking garage and they will let cars in as other leave. Then when we arrive to Boathouse let them know (I took a picture of the sign). We ended up only being a few minutes late because cars were leaving fairly regularly. For our Sunday morning brunch reservation we went right when it opened at 10AM to avoid issues. For the next weekend we made sure to arrive at 4PM on Friday and it was still very crowded. Not at capacity, but the lime parking garage was only showing about 100 available spots. Even during the week once it hit about 6PM streams of people would come into Disney Springs. With less open restaurants at the hotels and in the parks many people are having to head to Disney Springs for food options. If crowds currently make you uncomfortable I suggest avoiding Disney Springs on the weekend and maybe even after 6:30/7 during the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!