Disney Springs Hotels Bus Information

Do any of the DS hotels have airport shuttles? I did a Priceline search with airport shuttle as a filter, and B Resort came up as an option, but I can’t find mention of it on the B’s website.

Buses start 1 hour prior to park opening. The B Resort and Spa is on the "A" route, which runs in this order: Hilton Lake Buena Vista --> Holiday Inn Disney Springs --> B Resort and Spa --> DoubleTree Suites. The pick-up time at the B Resort and Spa would be roughly 7:10am.

Unfortunately, there no longer seems to be a set schedule as to which route travels to which parks. (Each bus travels to two theme parks.) If the bus is scheduled to go to Epcot first, your son should arrive roughly around 7:30am. The walk to the entrance takes about 10 minutes. If the bus is scheduled to go to a different park prior to Epcot, he won't arrive until about 7:50am.

Big Caveat: If the only theme park opening at 8am on that day is Epcot, it's almost certain that the bus will travel directly to Epcot after leaving the Disney Springs Hotels. So if all other parks open at 9am, your son should get to Epcot around 7:30am.
Thank you for the info. We like to get to RD and be at the beginning of the crowd, guess we'll be picking him up so it's a guarantee that we'll be there before 7:30

Has anyone used the buses to go to the Water Parks? The flyer just says to ask Concierge, so it’d be great to hear your experiences. Otherwise, do the Disney buses go from them to DS??

Has anyone used the buses to go to the Water Parks? The flyer just says to ask Concierge, so it’d be great to hear your experiences. Otherwise, do the Disney buses go from them to DS??

I am staying there on May so will know for sure then, but I read that there are buses to the water parks from Disney Springs and they start 1 hour before opening (so 9AM for 10AM opening).

100AcreWood's experience echoes ours from last month, stayed at Double-Tree Disney Springs 6 - 9 July. Our first day, Saturday at about 4 pm, was the best experience. Waited for a MK bus only about 35 minutes. Great bus driver. That night about 10:30 it was raining so we opted for a monorail to the Contemporary, a Disney Hollywood Studios bus and then a Disney Springs bus - all came as shown on the Disney bus app. At Disney Springs a CM said we could walk a half mile that way for the Bus A to the Double-Tree or we could walk a half mile this way to the walkway across the road to the Disney Springs hotel. We opted for the walk. It's a long way to the Double-Tree that way. Especially at 11 pm.
Next experience was at noon on Sunday for Epcot. We waited well over an hour for a bus. Saw two bus drivers park their buses and walk away. Never saw any bus to any park until finally an Epcot bus showed up. That evening at Epcot, some of our group elected to leave Epcot about 8. Got to the uncovered bus stop a few minutes before 8:15. Very nervous about visible lightning in the sky. Several Disney Disney Springs buses went by in the next hour. And even a Bus B - which I would have taken had I realized that the Double-Tree is across the road from the Best Western. Finally, at 9:20, after watching Illuminations over the trees, a Bus A came. Driver must have imagined himself at Daytona, instead of Disney. Spoke not a word to the few people entering the bus. The rest of our group approached the Bus A stop about 9:45. When several Disney Disney Springs buses left the area, they moved to a Disney bus. Walked through part of Disney Springs and walked to the Double-Tree.
None of the buses were crowded. Why we waited well over an hour before getting a bus after 8 pm at Epcot is beyond me.
In November 2017 we were at a VRBO west of WDW. I'd do that again before staying at the Double-Tree. Lousy housekeeping, not much of a restaurant. Bell service and valet parking were great. I might stay at a Disney Springs hotel if it were the Hilton, right across the road.
This is troubling to read... after I read this I am still not sure about which has better bus service: DS or All Stars.

I actually wouldn't agree to that statement. While Disney's transportation system can be better, it's not always better than other options.

For me, the main bonus to the Disney Springs Hotels Buses is that they run on a schedule. Aside from unexpected traffic, I've always found them to be quite punctual. Knowing that the bus will be there at 10 and 40 minutes after the hour (or whenever) is a lot better than showing up at the bus loop and hoping the next Disney bus will be to your destination. And you never have to stand there and watch 3 empty buses going to the same place pass by while you wait.

The key to the Disney Springs Hotels Buses is understanding the system. The knowledge helps set expectations. Here are the critical factors:
  • Transportation and Ticket Center: The stop for Magic Kingdom is the Transportation and Ticket Center. That means you'll need to use the ferry, monorail, or bus (if one of those isn't running) to get to the park entrance. If you know you need to transfer, it's less of a problem.
  • Two Parks per Bus: My biggest gripe is that each bus heads to two parks. If you're going to the first park on a route, there's no issue. But having to make a detour when going to a park or returning to your hotel can be a pain. During that time on that "detour", I try to remember that if I were staying at a Disney Resort, I might be stuck standing outside in the heat/cold waiting for a bus while empty ones going to other parks/resorts pass by.
  • Multiple Hotels per Bus: Each bus stops at multiple hotels in the Disney Springs area. Usually, each stop is only a few minutes. It's similar to how Disney's Moderate Resorts have multiple stops. The only time it takes longer is when a wheelchair or ECV must be loaded.
Again, my own experience was back in 'ancient times' so it is not relevant, but I just read another poster who said he wound up waiting over an hour for a bus (I think page 4 of this thread) - and this was not decades ago:

"janamelia said:
100AcreWood's experience echoes ours from last month, stayed at Double-Tree Disney Springs 6 - 9 July. Our first day, Saturday at about 4 pm, was the best experience. Waited for a MK bus only about 35 minutes. Great bus driver. That night about 10:30 it was raining so we opted for a monorail to the Contemporary, a Disney Hollywood Studios bus and then a Disney Springs bus - all came as shown on the Disney bus app. At Disney Springs a CM said we could walk a half mile that way for the Bus A to the Double-Tree or we could walk a half mile this way to the walkway across the road to the Disney Springs hotel. We opted for the walk. It's a long way to the Double-Tree that way. Especially at 11 pm.
Next experience was at noon on Sunday for Epcot. We waited well over an hour for a bus. Saw two bus drivers park their buses and walk away. Never saw any bus to any park until finally an Epcot bus showed up. That evening at Epcot, some of our group elected to leave Epcot about 8. Got to the uncovered bus stop a few minutes before 8:15. Very nervous about visible lightning in the sky. Several Disney Disney Springs buses went by in the next hour. And even a Bus B - which I would have taken had I realized that the Double-Tree is across the road from the Best Western. Finally, at 9:20, after watching Illuminations over the trees, a Bus A came. Driver must have imagined himself at Daytona, instead of Disney. Spoke not a word to the few people entering the bus. The rest of our group approached the Bus A stop about 9:45. When several Disney Disney Springs buses left the area, they moved to a Disney bus. Walked through part of Disney Springs and walked to the Double-Tree.
None of the buses were crowded. Why we waited well over an hour before getting a bus after 8 pm at Epcot is beyond me.
In November 2017 we were at a VRBO west of WDW. I'd do that again before staying at the Double-Tree. Lousy housekeeping, not much of a restaurant. Bell service and valet parking were great. I might stay at a Disney Springs hotel if it were the Hilton, right across the road."

Again, my own experience was back in 'ancient times' so it is not relevant, but I just read another poster who said he wound up waiting over an hour for a bus (I think page 4 of this thread) - and this was not decades ago:

Ignore what you experienced in ancient times. The transportation system in place now is different.

As to the quoted message, it's probably worth noting that was a person that signed up, posted, and never returned. Take what was written with a grain of salt. A lot of what was written is questionable. For example, from personal experience, I can say that the housekeeping at the DoubleTree Suites is above average. (I worked for decades in hotels...I know good housekeeping when I see it.)

I make several trips to the Disney Springs Hotels each year. Each trip is 3 to 5 nights. I've easily spent 100+ nights at those hotels. On each trip, I use the shuttle buses multiple times. Aside from extremely usual circumstances (like during New Year's week when traffic is a nightmare), I've never seen a bus more than 5 minutes late.

Where do the buses drop off/ pick up at Disney Springs? Is it the same place where you pick up a Disney resort bus, or over by the Marketplace?

Where do the buses drop off/ pick up at Disney Springs? Is it the same place where you pick up a Disney resort bus, or over by the Marketplace?
As I remember, I believe the buses are all numbered and go in a centralized area in a big roundabout near the Marketplace, as I recall there is a board which tells you which number takes you to which resort/park

As I remember, I believe the buses are all numbered and go in a centralized area in a big roundabout near the Marketplace, as I recall there is a board which tells you which number takes you to which resort/park

I know you're only trying to help, but please do not post information unless you are certain it is correct. As you acknowledged, you haven't visited in a very long time. And several people have informed you that things work differently today.

Neither. The shuttle from the Disney Springs Hotels to Disney Springs operates nightly from 6pm until 3am.

The bus stop at Disney Springs is located between the Strawberry and Watermelon parking lots past the West Side (beyond House of Blue and the Cirque du Soleil theatre).

dssprings-disneymap-edit.jpg

A: Marketplace Bus Loop - No Longer Operational for Buses
B: Main Bus Loop - Disney Operated Buses Only
C: West Side Bus Loop - For Disney Springs Hotels and All Off-Side Buses

I know you're only trying to help, but please do not post information unless you are certain it is correct. As you acknowledged, you haven't visited in a very long time. And several people have informed you that things work differently today.

Neither. The shuttle from the Disney Springs Hotels to Disney Springs operates nightly from 6pm until 3am.

The bus stop at Disney Springs is located between the Strawberry and Watermelon parking lots past the West Side (beyond House of Blue and the Cirque du Soleil theatre).

dssprings-disneymap-edit.jpg

A: Marketplace Bus Loop - No Longer Operational for Buses
B: Main Bus Loop - Disney Operated Buses Only
C: West Side Bus Loop - For Disney Springs Hotels and All Off-Side Buses
Wasn't sure if he meant DS shuttles OR regular 'official' Disney resort buses.. I was talking about the general Disney bus resort system - my bad. You DEFINITELY seem to know what your talking about. By the way, are the DS hotels buses private or open to the public?

Wasn't sure if he meant DS shuttles OR regular 'official' Disney resort buses.. I was talking about the general Disney bus resort system - my bad. You DEFINITELY seem to know what your talking about. By the way, are the DS hotels buses private or open to the public?

As I wrote, you were clearly trying to help. So please don't feel like I was scolding you. But, yes, I do know a lot about the transportation system used by the Disney Springs Hotels. There used to be a lot of inaccurate information floating around about the Disney Springs Hotels. Several of the regulars here (including one of our helpful moderators) created these "sticky" threads to improve the board.

As for your question, it is a private system. All of the Disney Springs Hotels now charge a resort fee that includes transportation in the description. So, hotel guests are paying for the service as part of their stay. That said, even on the busiest night of the year (New Year's Eve), I've never seen anyone asked for proof that they are staying at one of the hotels.

As I wrote, you were clearly trying to help. So please don't feel like I was scolding you. But, yes, I do know a lot about the transportation system used by the Disney Springs Hotels. There used to be a lot of inaccurate information floating around about the Disney Springs Hotels. Several of the regulars here (including one of our helpful moderators) created these "sticky" threads to improve the board.

As for your question, it is a private system. All of the Disney Springs Hotels now charge a resort fee that includes transportation in the description. So, hotel guests are paying for the service as part of their stay. That said, even on the busiest night of the year (New Year's Eve), I've never seen anyone asked for proof that they are staying at one of the hotels.
Thanks again Writerguy.. By the way, its not a DS hotel, but I think it does offer a free shuttle - and since you seem to know a lot about offsite it's called Embassy Suites By Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Resort 8100 Lake Street, Orlando, FL 32836-6401 (not to be confused with the numerous other Hiltons) It looks like a nice place, but assuming it even has free shuttles to the parks that can make it work for a visitor to the parks, what do you think of the place for a family with no car? Is it walking distance to any restaurants or stores offsite on a non-prk day or have you (or any poster reading this) ever stayed there and have an opinion?

Thanks again Writerguy.. By the way, its not a DS hotel, but I think it does offer a free shuttle - and since you seem to know a lot about offsite it's called Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Resort 8100 Lake Street, Orlando, FL 32836-6401 (not to be confused with the numerous other Hiltons) It looks like a nice place, but assuming it even has free shuttles to the parks that can make it work for a visitor to the parks, what do you think of the place for a family with no car? Is it walking distance to any restaurants or stores offsite on a non-prk day or have you (or any poster reading this) ever stayed there and have an opinion?

The only restaurants within walking distance of that hotel would be at other hotels. There aren't any free-standing restaurants nearby.

I've not stayed there. Based on the area, I wouldn't recommend staying there without a car. The shuttle schedule if published on the home page of their website.
Website: https://embassysuites3.hilton.com/e...700042792330380,m:e,d:c,ai:76347446219724,s:b
Link to Shuttle Schedule (pdf): https://embassysuites3.hilton.com/r...US/pdf/en_MCOWDES_ShuttleSchedule_Oct2019.pdf

As you can see, they only make 5 trips to Disney and 5 trips back. And, you need to make reservations the day prior. In contrast, the Disney Springs Hotels shuttles run every 30 minutes all day long and do not require any advance reservations.

The only restaurants within walking distance of that hotel would be at other hotels. There aren't any free-standing restaurants nearby.

I've not stayed there. Based on the area, I wouldn't recommend staying there without a car. The shuttle schedule if published on the home page of their website.
Website: https://embassysuites3.hilton.com/e...700042792330380,m:e,d:c,ai:76347446219724,s:b
Link to Shuttle Schedule (pdf): https://embassysuites3.hilton.com/r...US/pdf/en_MCOWDES_ShuttleSchedule_Oct2019.pdf

As you can see, they only make 5 trips to Disney and 5 trips back. And, you need to make reservations the day prior. In contrast, the Disney Springs Hotels shuttles run every 30 minutes all day long and do not require any advance reservations.
Yet another outstanding and informative post, Thanks Writerguy! Yeah, the schedule may be tough, then again, if they really DO keep reliably to it, you could just make sure you arrive a few minutes prior to each bus and be okay, no? BTW, I wonder what time that 'free' breakfast' is, -if there's enough time to eat and still catch rope drop..

I am staying there on May so will know for sure then, but I read that there are buses to the water parks from Disney Springs and they start 1 hour before opening (so 9AM for 10AM opening).

I’m here now - here’s a pic of the bus schedule. There’s no Disney buses to Disney Springs anymore so rather than wait for the hotel bus, I went to Saratoga Springs then walked back.

Attachments

• 9AAB3995-233B-40B3-BD87-CCB1FC0E8447.jpeg
    9AAB3995-233B-40B3-BD87-CCB1FC0E8447.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 54
There’s no Disney buses to Disney Springs anymore...

That would be a major change in strategy for Disney. Per the Disney World website, the buses from the theme parks to Disney Springs are still running:

"One-way bus service from the 4 Disney theme parks operates daily from 4:00 PM until 11:00 PM or 2 hours after theme parks close, whichever is earlier."
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/bus-transportation/

Were you leaving a theme park after 11pm?

That would be a major change in strategy for Disney. Per the Disney World website, the buses from the theme parks to Disney Springs are still running:

"One-way bus service from the 4 Disney theme parks operates daily from 4:00 PM until 11:00 PM or 2 hours after theme parks close, whichever is earlier."
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/bus-transportation/

Were you leaving a theme park after 11pm?

Sorry - I was continuing a conversation about transport to the water parks!

We are staying a B Resort in June we will have a car so I think we will drive some days and some days take DS buses. Here is what I am thinking

Sun. MK EMM drive
Mon. AK EMH drive
Tues. EP EMH(evening) DS bus
Wed. MK EMH(evening) DS Bus
Thur. HS DS bus
Fri. AK drive

I honestly didn't want to drive at all, but on my first MK Day we need to be there by 730. AK days looks like it will be the second park and I don't want to wait to be dropped off. Same with HS days.

Does this look good?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!