Disney Springs Resorts

JM_97

DIS Veteran
We are close to booking a Disney cruise for this summer! Instead of staying the night before in Port Canaveral, we are thinking about staying in the Disney Springs area the night before to do DS and then maybe see the fireworks from outside of Epcot or Magic Kingdom.

Because we are only staying for one night, and it will really be a place to sleep, we don't think it would really be worth it to stay at a Disney resort as we wouldn't really take advantage of a lot of the extra incentives that come with booking a Disney hotel. So I was wondering if anyone had an recommendations for hotels by DS that aren't Disney hotels. I can see that there are a lot of options, but I was curious if anyone had any experience as I've always stayed with Disney. We don't need anything fancy — just a place to sleep and take a shower.

Keep in mind that most of the DS resorts have a resort fee. So, by the time you pay that extra amount, it might end up being less expensive to stay at an on-site resort.

I think the Disney Spring Resort area hotels are all nice for one night. We have looked at the B Resort before and almost booked it.

Keep in mind that most of the DS resorts have a resort fee. So, by the time you pay that extra amount, it might end up being less expensive to stay at an on-site resort.

True! Be aware of extra costs such as resort fees and parking fees. Check out the current Mousesavers newsletter. It looks like the Doubletree by Disney Springs has an offer that reduces the nightly resort fee from $23 to $10 per night.

We have done this but didn't stay at Disney Springs ... we stayed just outside Disney Springs and saved lots of money. Booked a hotel that had no resort or parking fees and provided breakfast before we went to the port.

Are you driving?

We have done this but didn't stay at Disney Springs ... we stayed just outside Disney Springs and saved lots of money. Booked a hotel that had no resort or parking fees and provided breakfast before we went to the port.

Are you driving?

What hotel was this? And yes we are. We'll drive to Disney and then park the car at the terminal the next morning.

What hotel was this? And yes we are. We'll drive to Disney and then park the car at the terminal the next morning.

Check the hotels along Palm Parkway just outside Disney Springs. We have stayed at the Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista, as recently as August. Our last PC cruise we had dinner at Kona Cafe at Polynesian and watched fireworks from the beach area. Breakfast included next day and headed to the port. Spent much less than Disney Springs hotels. We liked the breakfast at hotel so we didn't have to pack car and stop somewhere OR arrive at port hungry.

Also close to it were Marriott Residence Inn and Springhill Suites, Homewood Suites, Hilton Garden Inn and Holiday Inn Express. Some fairly new and others renovated. I didn't look at fees or breakfast but I know most of them provide it.

Devils advocate here, have you considered staying at Cocoa Beach instead? It will be an hour + from Disney Springs area. Cocoa would be just a few minutes, and it’s a funky place worth a visit.

We have done what you are doing, we stayed at Universal. It’s doable, just make sure you allow for traffic.

We fly into MCO - our current POFQ room is $270 per night
For the same time frame I can get the holiday inn for $170 including fees

That is $100 a day less - for for a 7 night stay that is $700 ! The cost of our flights!
We may cancel this November if COVID-19 is still closing things

But if we move our WDW to Spring of 2021 - we may stay off site unless WDW gives better prices
We will do the park which had the extra magic hour the day before
Then we do not need to be at the park at 7 am and could do 8:30 am arrival at the park, which had the Extra Magic hour the day before.
We could still wait for the DS bus to a park at 7 am

We will have a park hopper - so I really do not care what DS park bus we get on - except no AK bus.
EPCOT we can get the DHS or MK , and vice-a-versa :)

By DS bus do you mean Disney Springs? If so there are no DS buses that take you directly to the parks. Only buses to resorts and not until 45 minutes before DS opens.

We stayed at Hilton Buena Vista Palace before our cruise in December. You can walk to DS from here without any problems. I booked through Dreams and they had a special where you got free parking/resort fee and a discounted rate. We would definitely stay at this hotel again. We wished the weather was warmer and we could have used the pool. We couldn't see fireworks from this resort. The price I paid for this hotel was less than anything I could find near the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!