Disney Store shipping costs

EglantineEglantine

Earning My Ears
Hi folks, I'm sure a lot of you have experienced the frustration of shipping and duties costs when shopping on the Disney store online. Often times the cost of shipping is the same as the items in your cart! I live in Toronto and our Disney store has about 1/8th of what they have online, which is why I want to be able to shop on ShopDisney - but I can't possibly justify the extra costs! I was browsing around on the UK Disney store site today and saw that they seemingly charge a flat rate of 19 pounds to ship to Canada - this seems like a better alternative (although still very expensive). The US Disney store seems to increase shipping costs as you add more items to cart (I know this is a UPS thing - shipping costs by weight).
Just wondering if anyone has ordered from Disney Store UK and had a positive experience?

I have found that it costs a LOT less to have it shipped to a friend in the states and have them forward it to me. The Disney site often has free shipping events so no cost to have it sent to a US location and then my friend will repackage it, slap my address on it and ship it as if it's a personal gift .. properly labelled of course with the customs label .. rarely does the cost come anywhere close to what they want to charge up front.

I had a calendar shipped this way this past Christmas... familiar with the premature baby hippo, Fiona? The zoo she was born at wanted to charge me almost $40 for shipping, cost my friend $8

I send my stuff to the border to a UPS store and pick it up there. The $10 tp have them hold it and free shipping works for me.

The border town nearest us has a couple different businesses with shipping services that aimed at Canadians - order items in the US, ship them to the service, then you pick them up for a fee.

The UPS store in the same town was the first to offer the service and still does. You can either get a "private mailbox" with them, or pay US$5 per package/envelope.

While most UPS stores have PMBs, not all will accept packages for those who don't have a box with them. Your best bet is to check out their website (they likely advertise the service if they do) or give them a call or email.

For Toronto area folks, if you google buffalo canadian ship packages a number of options come up including at least one UPS store. No idea how good or legit any of them are, you will have to do your research if you are interested in that option.

ETA: A PO Box at a US post office is an option too, but it will only accept things shipped through the USPS, also many retailers do not accept PO Boxes as the shipping address (# of reasons including fraud prevention). The various Canadian-friendly shipping services and the UPS store will usually accept USPS, FedEX, UPS, etc. packages and envelopes. You can still have a challenge with shipping address not matching billing address, but that is a separate problem from the shipping address being able to accept the shipment.

SW

For Toronto area folks, if you google buffalo canadian ship packages a number of options come up including at least one UPS store. No idea how good or legit any of them are, you will have to do your research if you are interested in that option.

Just wanted to add my two cents in and say I vouch for U.S. Address Inc. in Niagara Falls, NY as legit. Very quick easy access once you get through the border. I've used them for the past 5-7 years.

We've used a shipping company in Lewiston NY for over 20 years - not sure where you are?
$5 a pkg and they'll hold as long as it takes .............

I use http://crossborderpickups.ca/ - they do customs and either ship it to your CDN address or you can pick it up at their Mississauga or Markham warehouse.

The nice thing is if you know package size and weight they'll give you the cost ahead of schedule; for a 35 lbs. box it was $21 CDN to pickup at their Mississauga location.

Curious what the shipping from the parks is? I always see people post that they have their items shipped home for them so they don't have to put them in their luggage... But I can't imagine that is worth it to ship to Canada.

Curious what the shipping from the parks is? I always see people post that they have their items shipped home for them so they don't have to put them in their luggage... But I can't imagine that is worth it to ship to Canada.

It’s not.

Shipping cost is high. And don’t forget you’ll be charged duty as well.

I have found that it costs a LOT less to have it shipped to a friend in the states and have them forward it to me. The Disney site often has free shipping events so no cost to have it sent to a US location and then my friend will repackage it, slap my address on it and ship it as if it's a personal gift .. properly labelled of course with the customs label .. rarely does the cost come anywhere close to what they want to charge up front.

I had a calendar shipped this way this past Christmas... familiar with the premature baby hippo, Fiona? The zoo she was born at wanted to charge me almost $40 for shipping, cost my friend $8
THIS! I do this as well, sometimes she mails it to me for about $8-$10 and I paypal the $$ to her or if we have a road trip planned I arrange to pick it up on our way down. They live about 20 minutes over the border at the Peace Arch crossing and I'm on an island. If I lived in the lower mainland I would visit more often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter