Disney tank tops

deannaf87

DIS Veteran
I'm needing some tank tops for our July trip. I have the worst luck finding thanks that dont have giant arm holes that gape. I'm fairly petite but don't want tight tank tops either. Just a nice looser fit with petite arm holes and some Disney.

Just curious if anyone has any recommendations, particularly from Etsy.

Thanks pixiedust:

I'm needing some tank tops for our July trip. I have the worst luck finding thanks that dont have giant arm holes that gape. I'm fairly petite but don't want tight tank tops either. Just a nice looser fit with petite arm holes and some Disney.

Just curious if anyone has any recommendations, particularly from Etsy.

Thanks pixiedust:

I'll be watching for your answers. I wear an XS or S tank top and they are either tight or as you say giant arm holes that gape. My gym tanks are the same.
I have never found any that are just perfect with the exception of ones I would wear for work, so more business style. Sometimes you will see more casual looking ones at Ann Taylor.

No personal experience, but I have seen Disney tank tops on Jane. Might be worth a look since they are more "fashiony".

I love the tank tops from Hot Topic. They have two distinct styles. One is more structured and has less gap. I have pretty broad shoulders, so I don't have an issue with that in general. These are fitted without being too tight, though.

The Toy Story one is more structured, Big Hero 6 is loose. (I have the Toy Story tank)
tank_top.JPG tank_top2.JPG

I'll be watching for your answers. I wear an XS or S tank top and they are either tight or as you say giant arm holes that gape. My gym tanks are the same.
I have never found any that are just perfect with the exception of ones I would wear for work, so more business style. Sometimes you will see more casual looking ones at Ann Taylor.

I have a feeling I'm just going to end up in nike shorts and workout tanks.

I also have gotten good tank tops at hot topic. Also Kohl's and walmart. You just have to hunt. I don't like ordering online because I never know how they'll fit.

I love the tank tops from Hot Topic. They have two distinct styles. One is more structured and has less gap. I have pretty broad shoulders, so I don't have an issue with that in general. These are fitted without being too tight, though.

The Toy Story one is more structured, Big Hero 6 is loose. (I have the Toy Story tank)
View attachment 388335 View attachment 388336

That first one might work. Now I'm on a mission to find a racerback bra that'll fit (a 2nd conundrum) before I order any of these.

View attachment 388335 View attachment 388336

How do these fit? I wear a women's small but it looks like these are juniors sizes? Wondering if I should go medium... but it'll probably make the armholes too big.... never ending circle.

How do these fit? I wear a women's small but it looks like these are juniors sizes? Wondering if I should go medium... but it'll probably make the armholes too big.... never ending circle.
Yes, these are junior sizing. If you have any Hot Topic stores near you, you can return there if you buy online.
You mention athletic tops. Have you looked at 'raw threads'? They have some cute Disney athletic tanks and t's. (More expensive than Hot Topic, though). This Mary Poppins one has "a spoonful of sugar" on the back.
tank_top4.JPG

That first one might work. Now I'm on a mission to find a racerback bra that'll fit (a 2nd conundrum) before I order any of these.

Not exactly a racerback, but I am obsessed with the Lululemon "Energy" Bra. I have 5 of them and they are all I will be wearing to Disney next week. They are not cheap, BUT, they provide good support and have straps that I don't mind showing under a tank top. Kind of like the bralette trend, but with actual support and coverage.

Yes, these are junior sizing. If you have any Hot Topic stores near you, you can return there if you buy online.
You mention athletic tops. Have you looked at 'raw threads'? They have some cute Disney athletic tanks and t's. (More expensive than Hot Topic, though). This Mary Poppins one has "a spoonful of sugar" on the back.
View attachment 388405

Well I love that Mary Poppins tank. If these racerbacks work, that is a must have.

Not exactly a racerback, but I am obsessed with the Lululemon "Energy" Bra. I have 5 of them and they are all I will be wearing to Disney next week. They are not cheap, BUT, they provide good support and have straps that I don't mind showing under a tank top. Kind of like the bralette trend, but with actual support and coverage.

Those are so cute!

I purchased one online that also didn't have large holes and was structured more like a classic tank top - it was with TrendyMandy on etsy. I'd buy from her again, as the description and quality were good.

View attachment 388405
I was going to suggest Raw Threads too. The tanks are very comfortable, and they are very popular with a lot of "Run Disney" racers.

I have a feeling I'm just going to end up in nike shorts and workout tanks.

What about making some of your own workout tanks into Disney shirts? You can get lots of iron-ons from etsy, either personalized or ready to ship. It might be easier to make some tanks you know will work into Disney tanks than deal with the trial and error of finding Disney tanks that will properly fit.

What about making some of your own workout tanks into Disney shirts? You can get lots of iron-ons from etsy, either personalized or ready to ship. It might be easier to make some tanks you know will work into Disney tanks than deal with the trial and error of finding Disney tanks that will properly fit.

Ahhh, because my life is a giant pinterest fail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!