Disney Transportation Delays

worco

Earning My Ears
I just returned from a stay at SSR and I was very disappointed with Disney transportation. I have been to WDW a dozen times and six times in the past 3 years. Normally we rent a car to get groceries and maybe a stop at the character warehouse and then use Disney transportation the rest of the time. This trip however I found the buses to be one aggravating ordeal after another.
I know the buses are suppose to run on a schedule where one comes by approximately every 20-25 minutes. Either they are combining too many routes causing delays or they have decreased the number of buses because I waited between 15 and 20 minutes almost everytime. There were a few instances where I showed up at a bus stop and the bus I needed was there within 5 minutes, but that was maybe twice out of 18-20 bus rides. At one point it took my family over an hour to get a bus from Downtown Disney and arrive back at the Paddock. I know it is only a 5 minute walk, but the walkway from DTD to SSR is being refurbished for our future enjoyment and was unaccessable, and walking in the street with my kids was really not an option. I just can't ever remember a trip where the buses took so long to arrive. :crazy2:

I was there 2 days this week and it seemed that the trams and monorails were also slower. I just think WDW cut staffing this week to balance the big increase in staff needed the next 2 weeks.

was just there for New Years and one CM at the bus terminal told me they had 450 busses running, everything they had plus outside busses to handle increased crowds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter